Too Funny...But Also Sad

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mother is a real sweetheart, but at 84 she's not thinking too clearly these days. Recently we flew her back to Indiana so she could see her sisters for 11 days, their old house Indiana we still have so she was going to stay there with my brother who has been trying to sell that home. All is fine, right?

Well, mother wanted to have a garage sale while she was up there and there was no harm in that as mom & dad still had things they needed to get rid of. Mom always enjoyed having garage sales so she was pretty excited about it. All is fine, right?

Well, my brother got her setup in the garage and then he left for the morning to take care of his personal business. A few hours later he comes back and he goes into his closet to grab a new shirt but they were all gone, so where his pants and jackets, etc. Came to find out that mother had remembered that closet being my father's so while my brother was gone she took all the clothes out of it and she sold them in the garage sale! :laughing7: :laughing9: Needles to say, my brother now understands mother's over all health situation much better. But at least he's laughing about the $14 and change he got for all his clothes. :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My question to you is, should I bring back all of my ill gotten gains :dontknow: :tongue3:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
My question to you is, should I bring back all of my ill gotten gains :dontknow: :tongue3:

I think it's good that it is all being taken is such good humor, thank heaven it wasn't my younger brother! :laughing7: But as my older brother was telling me on the phone as he was explaining this event to me, "Things seemed perfectly normal, but now I understand why you were telling me to keep a close eye on things because things were not as good as they might appear." Mother has always been a spitfire, very sharp and very active, but putting the ice cream carton back in the dish cabinet is a pretty good sign that she's not always 100% mother anymore. It's good he's finally seeing that and he's aware of it now.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be thankful your brother is understanding and can see what you have to work with. It's sad to see this happen before your eyes though. I was lucky not to have to witness any breakdown before my mother's passing. Count your blessing that things were good for so long before this... You never know what the next 5 minutes could bring, for better, or worse. :dontknow:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
If the dog looks like this take their keys away.

I look like that when she's driving! :laughing7: Dog is on the floor with her paws wrapped around the seat! :laughing7:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said Spart! My dear mother just hit her 60's. When I talk to her on the phone she calls me by my brothers name alot, I then hurry and correct her. Mind you she still works full time. She works in a Rehab-Retirement home, Mom has a very huge heart.

See the bigfoot threads for intake on my brother.(SASQUATCH)

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind this happening to me when way older, at least it means I made it 'to way older'

my mom just turned 84 and dad is 83. no pills, perfect health, moving better and faster than me on most days, lol....but I am seeing that mom is a bit slower on the uptake in the wit dept. and dad is slowing down in the strength dept.

finally I can pull something on my mom and get away with it :laughing7: :laughing7:

I will sadly tell hubby those shorts I bought him belong to your brother and were not for sale! I want my .25 back ya know!
:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread