North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bought one, Emerson
for my camper.....wee...out from under the ice lords....haha

darn bags of ice are starting to cost some bucks, especially while camping I use like 15 bags on a long trip.

so I got one and it is cranking out bullet cubes as I type.....seems like this will work great. being in a state park on Friday for a week at the beach and this sucker will come in super handy.

anyone have one?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I installed a Wallmart apartment size refrigerator/freezer in my road tractor to finish out the full kitchen I installed .Powered it off an inverter 12v-110v. Invested about $800 in whole deal . Saved about $7000 a year on the road as opposed to truckstop meals . Fresh food cooked the way I wanted it , when I wanted it .
Never saw a straight icemaker . Give us more info .

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes FarmerChick give us more information on this ice maker.......Matt

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I googled emerson portable ice maker and found it. It's electric but portable. Run between $100-$150 depending where and when. Good and bad reviews.

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smart to eat your own meals vs. processed junk all the time...good for you!!!!

yea this Emerson is a standard portable (cheaper model) icemaker.
Plug into my camper. (I have a big travel trailer with slides)

I have to say after about an hour to get cold, good sized large ice was cranking out. little 'loud' when the water refilled, but it faded into the background fast and I ignored the sound.

yup it has good and bad reviews but mostly good on the RV.net forum I chat on....tons of camper people have them and love them and they last many many years....so that is good...hope I got a good one made on a good day LOL
Cheaper model because the machine is not a freezer. Some more expensive ones will 'hold' the ice as a freezer. Mine doesn't have that feature, it cranks ice, I use it in my cooler or baggie it into my freezer in the camper. what melts will recycle back into ice cubes so that is a good feature. tell ya tho, handy little sucker :laughing9:

dried it up, boxed it up and into the camper cause I leave for 8 days at the beach----AND WHAT WILL I be doing?

METAL detecting of course...wish me luck for the big diamond ring! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread