The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My boss is sending his son and I to an expo in Vegas...2 travel days, 3 full days. Staying at Mandalay Bay where the convention is being held. I've been "through" Vegas, but never really have had a chance to hang out.

If things go well, I'll have nothing to say, as they say :wink:

Anyone ever stayed at MB? Any good info?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're going to the electronics show?? I remember years ago that show would give away a book with all the detailed information of the vendors.. I wonder if they still do that?

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I've never stayed there but I would recommend going elsewhere to gamble and dine.Of course it's been many years since I was in the Mandalay,I always hang someplace else.But there again,it's been a few since I was out there.Are you going to check out the Pawn Stars pawn shop?

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not the electronics expo, but there will be plenty of electronics. Lots of giveaways...UPS will be shipping packages back to the office with all the freebies.

I don't do alcohol and don't gamble, but might check out a few one-armed-bandits. It would be interesting to go to Pawn Stars. We'll have a car so it could happen. I've heard Vegas has gotten pretty bad in various respects due to lack of business, in general, but I guess we'll see. I thought about taking a detector, but not in 110 degree heat. :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread