Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
feel good story.... LOVE

Remember that you don't choose love. Love chooses you. All you can really do is accept it for all its mystery when it comes into your life. Feel the way it fills you to overflowing, then reach out and give it away. Give it back to the person who brought it alive in you. Give it to others who deem it poor in spirit. Give it to the world around you in any way you can.

There is where many lovers go wrong. Having been so long without love, they understand love only as a need. They see their hearts as empty places that will be filled by love, and they begin to look at love as something that flows to them rather than from them.

The first blush of new love is filled to overflowing, but as their love cools, they revert to seeing their love as a need. They cease to be someone who generates love and instead become someone who seeks love. They forget that the secret of love is that it is a gift, and that it can be made to grow only by giving it away.

Remember this and keep it to your heart. Love has its time, its own season, its own reason for coming and going. You cannot bribe it or coerce it, or reason it into staying. You can only embrace it when it arrives and give it away when it comes to you. [...] Love always has been and always will be a mystery.

Be glad that it came to live for a moment in your life.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: feel good story....

But wait... There are always 2 sides to a story... :tongue3:

What the author neglected to tell you is that sometimes, that once love, can torment, or haunt you for the rest of your life..

Is that really worth a moment.. :dontknow:

I don't think so :laughing9:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Love love love, all we need is LOVE LOVE LOVE

yea right!

I want more than just love in my life :laughing7: :laughing7:

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other

For a moment there Spart I thought you had gone all 'soppy' on us. Not like you at all :hello:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all? Not sayeth Spartacus!

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ahhh, dear Unicorn ;D I'm not one for these types of stories, but I did find a simple one to make a point.

Love is a grand thing, no doubt about that, but it's not always easy to come by.. What the author of that lovely little piece left out is the down side to love.

For me, I can see every silver cloud having a dark lining :tongue3:

Boo, some of you say.. Well goody-goody gumdrops for you then. (See I am keeping it sweet by adding those gumdrops :thumbsup: )

You actually see more harm than good coming from most failed relationships. ( I can see some people googling like crazy already :laughing7: ) How many of these perhaps one sided love relations turns up in your paper at least twice a week.. A good once a week for those of you living in smaller communities :tongue3:

Headlines: Scorned Lover Severs More Than the Relationship :laughing7:

Those that don't end in violence may just have the tendency for pure meanness and spite. If I am not mistaken, several here ended up being raked over the coals for a love gone awry.

This is why I view all of these good feeling stories with a very open mind.. ( For those who say, so open, your brains fell out... Good for you :headbang: ) Like I say, there are always a few ways to look at any story. To see something different, or both sides is a gift.. To see humor in any serious mater, is a blessing..

This Christmas, I'll be giving out a sense of humor to those that need it most :headbang:.. After all, it is better to give than to receive..

(There are some instances where this is not 100% true, but then again, this is a family site :laughing7: )

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: feel good story.... LOVE

The only way to achieve true love, is to have both parties on lithium :laughing9:

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Love / hate - two sides of the same coin.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

spartacus53 said:
The only way to achieve true love, is to have both parties on lithium :laughing9:

;D Darn Spart, don't scare us again, we love reading your posts and for a minute there we thought you had gone all soft and mushy, not you at all!!!! :laughing9: ;D Red

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Red, I'm glad I can entertain you, and I promise never to go soft :tongue3:

Anyway, someone has to play the devils advocate, so why not me :laughing7:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

spartacus53 said:
Red, I'm glad I can entertain you, and I promise never to go soft :tongue3:

Anyway, someone has to play the devils advocate, so why not me :laughing7:

So very true, between you, Dano and Ivan, we will never be bored!!!! At least you make people think, and laugh, and the issues you cover are good ones, we look forward to reading more from you!!!!! :laughing9: Red :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Red, trust me... Not everyone gets the joke 1/2 the time :laughing9:

Then there are many others that fear I will post on their topic... Some have gotten used to it, and others.... Oh, well :laughing7:

I did learn something good from one of those feel good stories I've been pumping out.

"God bless the flexible, because they will never get bent out of shape." :laughing9: So fitting :laughing9:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

spartacus53 said:
Red, trust me... Not everyone gets the joke 1/2 the time :laughing9:

Then there are many others that fear I will post on their topic... Some have gotten used to it, and others.... Oh, well :laughing7:

I did learn something good from one of those feel good stories I've been pumping out.

"God bless the flexible, because they will never get bent out of shape." :laughing9: So fitting :laughing9:

Love it!!!! Will be using that one, just remember to not go soft, or I might have to kick your bum!!!! That wasn't funny!!!! LOL :laughing9: It takes a warped mind to understand things nowadays, thank goodness we both are!!!! LOL Red :laughing9: :thumbsup:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I see you Have Finally found the real You Sir..... :tongue3:

Your little Engine that couldn't run...Is running just fine..... :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions