1961 versus 2011

F

Felinepeachy

1961 vs. 2011

Scenario 1:

Jack goes duck hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1961 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack..

2011 - School goes into lock down, Police called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:

Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1961 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2011 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3:

Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1961 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given the strap by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2011 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of a tranquilizer. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD.. The school gets extra money from the province because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:

Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1961 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to university and becomes a successful businessman.

2011 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The children's aid worker is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the aid worker.

Scenario 5:

Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1961 - Mark shares his aspirin with one of the teachers who also has a headache.

2011 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations.. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:

Jose fails high school English.

1961 - Jose goes to summer school, passes English and goes to university.

2011 - Jose cause is taken up by the province. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. Citizen's Rights Coalition files class action lawsuit against the provincial school system and Jose English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum.. Jose is given his diploma anyway but ends up driving a cab for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7:

Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed..

1961 - Ants die.

2011 - CSIS, the RCMP and local authorities are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The RCMP investigates his parents --and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8:

Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary.Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1961 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2011 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job.. She faces 3 years in Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy at the expense of the taxpayers.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dead on! Senario 2 - 2011. You left out the part where the rest of the crowd are all arrested for inciting a riot.

Good to see that at least Peechy "ain't sleepin at the wheel of life!"

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I like it but I'm sorry, in my opinion it is not 'dead on' and does not 'hit the nail squarely on the head'. It is a presentation of episodes that make people say 'AIN'T IT AWFUL?!'. Granted, you can find examples of some of the scenarios presented. This appears to be a representation of what is wrong with schools and hijinks of kids, but it is very far off the mark of the real world. But in my opinion (just my opinion y'all) it is great readin to make a person shake their head and say, 'ain't it so true, ain't it awful'. I really do like the post, but for amusement purposes only.

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
RGINN said:
Well, I like it but I'm sorry, in my opinion it is not 'dead on' and does not 'hit the nail squarely on the head'. It is a presentation of episodes that make people say 'AIN'T IT AWFUL?!'. Granted, you can find examples of some of the scenarios presented. This appears to be a representation of what is wrong with schools and hijinks of kids, but it is very far off the mark of the real world. But in my opinion (just my opinion y'all) it is great readin to make a person shake their head and say, 'ain't it so true, ain't it awful'. I really do like the post, but for amusement purposes only.

isnt that what it was for?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right. I like Felinepeachy's posts, but maybe I'll buck up every once in a while!

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Well, I like it but I'm sorry, in my opinion it is not 'dead on' and does not 'hit the nail squarely on the head'. It is a presentation of episodes that make 'say 'AIN'T IT AWFUL?!'. Granted, you can find examples of some of the scenarios presented. This appears to be a representation of what is wrong with schools and hijinks of kids, but it is very far off the mark of the real world. But in my opinion (just my opinion y'all) it is great readin to make a person shake their head and say, 'ain't it so true, ain't it awful'. I really do like the post, but for amusement purposes only.

Ok, You young "wipper Snapper" as Gabby Hays use to say!
I know '61 was when you were in Diapers....but I was there and even before....when "Gay" meant something else, :occasion15:
R*bbers were what we call rubber bands, and crew cuts were in style.....and the nastiest commercial on TV was
the Playtex Bra commercial....of course NO one was shown wearing one...just holding it up.... and Coke Syrup was
given to you at school if you had a bad cough( ....tasted just like Coke Cola Use to taste like) :) Howdy Doody was a puppet and
not someone's Dog Poop in the grass, & the 3 stooges were our idols....especially "Curly"

Those were the days of Low crime, Holloween candy Pop Corn Balls by your neighbor, riding your bikes anywhere and not worrying
if someone was going to steal them when you went to the show, Penny candy, Nickel Ice cones, Nickel Cokes, 18Cent a gallon of Gas,
.........I would give anything for my kids, grand kids to experienced what I did back when there was no Color TV... :laughing7: :read2:

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boogeyman said:
Dead on! Senario 2 - 2011. You left out the part where the rest of the crowd are all arrested for inciting a riot.

Good to see that at least Peechy "ain't sleepin at the wheel of life!"

Like your avatar! I remembering getting up before the TV show started and seeing that Indian Screen thing like you have
here wondering when it was going to start up?! ::)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bill-USA said:
RGINN said:
You're right. I like Felinepeachy's posts, but maybe I'll buck up every once in a while!
Probably just the lower oxygen at your elevation! :)

Wonder what the 2012 scenario will be like.
Sorry, cancelled due to content. Parental discretion advised...........

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
UH MY DEER HUNTING SHOW ON TV HAD A "WARNING" MV -MODERATE VIOLENCE * LABEL ON IT --HUH? THE ONLY VIOLENCE IN THE SHOW WAS THE SHOOTING OF DEER --WTF? THATS JUST DEER HUNTING FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. -- ::) MORONS
whats next a PG -13 or M-17 "warning" on hunting programs --oh hunting bad because it has OMG people firing guns !!! and shooting animals as well oh the horror.

and those "evil fishing shows too" hurting those poor fish -- no more watching that "bad" stuff children and remember to eat your soy burgers and tofu kiddies.

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
ivan salis said:
UH MY DEER HUNTING SHOW ON TV HAD A "WARNING" MV -MODERATE VIOLENCE * LABEL ON IT --HUH? THE ONLY VIOLENCE IN THE SHOW WAS THE SHOOTING OF DEER --WTF? THATS JUST DEER HUNTING FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. -- ::) MORONS
whats next a PG -13 or M-17 "warning" on hunting programs --oh hunting bad because it has OMG people firing guns !!! and shooting animals as well oh the horror.

and those "evil fishing shows too" hurting those poor fish -- no more watching that "bad" stuff children and remember to eat your soy burgers and tofu kiddies.

:icon_thumright: :laughing9:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blast from the past! 1961 - carrying the top 40 on 8 tracks in a cardboard box that took up the whole trunk. 2011 carrying 400 songs on a credit card sized device. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread