How Are You Spending Your Labor Day Weekend?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finishing My 10 Day Vacation!!!! No Gold Yet!!! I think I'm developing Tendinitis in My elbow!!! Ow Well That's why I have A Helper!!!! He can take Up the Slack at work!!!! HH Chug

Unless He drowns Going down The Deshute's River in Oregon!!! this Weekend!!! this was the only way I could Get My 10 days off!!! That's why I'm On call My last 3 Days!!! I just hope the Phone Doesn't not Ring Or They Might Have to Deal With Grumpy Chug!!!!

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Might metal detect in the morning, then at 8:00 PM I will be watching the mighty Georgia Bulldogs destroy the Boise State Broncos.

Time to send those potato farming smurfs to the GLUE FACTORY (AKA: The Georgia Dome). If this post offends any Boy-zee fans or residents of Idaho then GOOD. That is exactly what it was intended to do.

GO DAWGS!

EDIT: We lost and we suck. Oh well..... Another year of misery......

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday doing the yardwork, Sunday, watch a little Nascar, take a nap, drink some beer, Monday going into my Dads for a cookout and some detecting,
he got us permission to go to the site of an old mansion that stood in the late 1800s, its gone now, all brush and woods, easy to get to though.
Hope the rain holds off. Wish us luck!!!!!!!

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spending time with my Marine son who came home for the holiday :icon_thumright:

I am going to make him his favorite dish, A big pot of Gumbo :wink:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeep said:
Spending time with my Marine son who came home for the Holiday :icon_thumright:

Slide a Plate this way!!!! Chug Welcome Home to you son And tell Him to Be safe And Thank him for us for His Service!!!! Chug

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug and Red said:
Jeep said:
Spending time with my Marine son who came home for the Holiday :icon_thumright:

Slide a Plate this way!!!! Chug Welcome Home to you son And tell Him to Be safe And Thank him for us for His Service!!!! Chug

Will do that :icon_thumright:

There's always extra plates here for you guys :icon_thumright:

flip flop

Mar 3, 2010
East of West OhiO
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I've got a rather large construction project going with a fast approaching deadline.......So this Labor Day, the guys and I will be laboring.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Monday, I will be driving to the AssateaqueState Park to boondock in a parking lot close to Assateaque. I will be there when they open on Tuesday morning at daybreak to hit the virgin beach that was off limit to detectors all summer.It is a heavily used park and I have a 3 day reservation. Should be a little dead and a lot richer when I leave there. :icon_profileright: :icon_profileright: :icon_profileright:.
They are calling for showers so only the harty will be there. My detector is waterproof and so am I.
Frank

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to work in order to avoid all the tourists, and stayed way away from I-70. A big parkin lot west bound Friday evening, and the same east bound Monday evening. I like Labor Day though, because it means we'll have less visitors for awhile, until ski season anyway.

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Dad and I went to the site of the old mansion, easy to get to, HAH, climbed the side of a mountain, fallen trees, brush 10 feet tall, the power line hasn`t been cut for at least 10 years, golden rod was taller than me, finally found the old foundation, so much junk I was overloading with every swing.
The humidity was about 200 percent, after losing track of dad after about an hour I heard a hugh crack of thunder and said I am getting the hell out of here.
Finally got back to the road where we had parked and dad was already there, Thank God for that, he is 78 and showing his age, I would not have wanted to try and find him up in there if something had happened!
The only find I had that day was when I was climbing down was this, (how this happened I will never know) I was coming down a different way than when we went in, stopped for a quick wizz, bent down to pick up my tector and right at my feet was the PVC stand from my dads detector, he must have brushed against a tree and knocked it off, it is painted black, the ferns were about a foot high and if I looked any other way it would have been lost forever.
We had been roaming aroung at least a quarter of a mile radius in there!
When we got home he said it was a little more grown up in there then he remembered, asked him when he was last up in there, about thirty years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All in all, a good time spent with my dad, I know we are both still hurting from that excursion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread