🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I think it's a good move really! Especially in a case like this where it's pure viciousness towards a dead person. As most people here know, i love a good online fight/argument/debate/war, but "youtube", with it's no ban on swearing policy, has become a lethal battleground! If you're of a nervous disposition or squimish, the i'd recommend serious thought before posting a reply to anything there like jokes or opinions that differ from anyone else...usually Americans! :tongue3:

Example:
I watched a clip of a street fight between 2 white guys and spotted a comment from some Mexican kid(or the USA's most patriotic citizen..depending on what you argue with him about lol) about white guys can't fight they're all pus...etc! So me, being the diplomat you all know and love, put him straight.
Now i have half of MS-13 coming to sweden to kill my family and hang me by the feet under a bridge and slit my throat!
I'm terrified! I can't eat or sleep! ::) :laughing9:

But to some people this stuff can become very serious, especially if the other person won't give up and follows (trolls) them everywhere they go continuing the nasty comments.

To me, there needs to be a big shake up where Youtube and all other sites need to set "legal limits" where "threats to life and emotional viciousness WILL be pursued and acted upon!" ....or some such.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
How did they enforce it for the guy above? How do the NSA enforce an online threat against the president? There are ways, and not all have to end up in prison or prosecution. A quick home visit from the police, FBI, whoever, to the keyboard hero with a warning to "behave yourself", tends to nip such things in the bud very quickly!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginThePast said:
Iron Patch said:
Well deserved! Too bad he didn't get longer.

:thumbsup:

It makes me think of those low life pieces of trash who show up with their kids and protest at soldier funerals. I still find it unbelievable they can't be charged with something.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
He was actually jailed for "flaming" not "trolling".

Flaming - constantly making comments to inflame people. Purposely annoying people to garner a response.

Trolling - Starting an argument/fight/debate...with one comment and then letting everyone else do the responding.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
remember also that the internet 'hides' the whackos. You don't know who is on the other end of a keyboard. Serial killer, mental turnip, pedophile, nut job...etc.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
so being a totally callus , non humane, unfeeling jerk is illegall in the UK? :hello2: :headbang:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
Yup Ivan. It's called "not having a 1st amendment"!...You should try it. :wink:

allan

Oct 7, 2008
Vega Baja
Dano Sverige said:
How did they enforce it for the guy above? How do the NSA enforce an online threat against the president? There are ways, and not all have to end up in prison or prosecution. A quick home visit from the police, FBI, whoever, to the keyboard hero with a warning to "behave yourself", tends to nip such things in the bud very quickly!
this nuts downfall was the posted video , tracked him down with the info he used to sign up to post on you tube,sometimes it is just best to not feed the troll's, it seems that the "anonimity"? of the internet is doing what alcohol used to do, instant jerk, just add alcohol. I think jail is kinda lenient for the trauma he caused.as for the so called religious family, they should be due a visit when a family member of theirs , dies at the funeral by thousands of people upset by what they have done. eye for an eye

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There should be a mechanism to suggest to the various social sites that so-and-so should be banned. Follow him and ban him. If he put up his own site and did it, there should be no penalty. Getting the gov't involved is not a good direction, but the "suggestions" would have to be given from an authoritative body of some sort.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
having the freedom of political speach is one thing * using it as a excuse to purposefully emotionally torture others is another thing altogether differant .

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
having the freedom of political speach is one thing * using it as a excuse to purposefully emotionally torture others is another thing altogether differant .

There's your nutshell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions