Tnet Bow Builders......Handy Tillering Post

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, finally getting around to building that bow I was going to build months ago. Just thought I would share this handy tillering post idea with other Tnet bow builders as it's working out real well for me. It's simply a 6ft length of 2 x 4 with another 12" length screwed to it 2" below the top of the longer board. This 2" offset is where the bow riser will rest when checking tillering.) Run a vertical centerline down both pieces of 2 x 4 from the top of 12" board to about 36", scribe horizontal lines every inch along this vertical line. (Make sure the top of the 12" board is perfectly flat & square to this vertical line.) Mine has lag bolts at 20", 25", 29 1/2" to eventually hold the string at my final draw length. What I like about this setup is that, with a centerline also drawn on the riser of the bow, I can lay it and a straight edge across the top and measure down from the staight edge to each of the bow limbs at various locations across the width of the bow as a means of tillering each limb of the bow in a uniform manner. And an added plus is that I can take/use this tillering post anywhere.

Attachments

• tee.jpg
    tee.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 677
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:

Hey there girl! Got a few coming down over the week of the 23rd,.........you still have time to be in it! Boat's ready. Beaches are ready. Craft markets will be picking up. Door is always open for ya! :thumbsup:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI: the last one that I built was an old lemon wood one, since then I have just bought commercially finished ones. Last was a bear semi 75#.

Actually a very practical set up my friend.

Don Jose de La Mancha

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
bigscoop said:
vibes said:

Hey there girl! Got a few coming down over the week of the 23rd,.........you still have time to be in it! Boat's ready. Beaches are ready. Craft markets will be picking up. Door is always open for ya! :thumbsup:

I am in dire need of some time off and away BUT now I'm in ratings and can't take any vacay until mid-December. :'(

Let's chat soon!!! I miss ya!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
bigscoop said:
vibes said:

I am in dire need of some time off and away BUT now I'm in ratings and can't take any vacay until mid-December. :'(

Let's chat soon!!! I miss ya!

:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread