If ya got em, smoke em

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
If anyone really enjoys reading "marijuana" (cannabis) studies, there are over 1,000 of them at Granny Storm Crow's list.

This study discovered nothing knew, but was paid for by NIDA, founded by Dupont to protect their business interests. Big Pharma was a seller of cannabis oil until it was made illegal in 1937. Anecdotally, there are many recent reports of cannabis oil curing people with stage IV cancer.

Smoked cannabis isn't as effective for treating cancer as most of the oil is burned before inhaled. Over 120 medical conditions can benefit, tho.

Unfortuneately, whether MJ is legal or not determines who gets what part of a few trillion dollars. Best wishes, George (MN)

Interesting.

I think it would be good if they could conduct tests over a long period of time with the amount of pot being smoked equal to the amount of cigarettes.

9 cigarettes a day doesn't equal 1 or 2 joints a month.

1 or 2 joints a month isn't even considered an occasional smoker in my books. That would be a once in awhile smoker.

A casual smoker would be once a week and a regular pot smoker would be at least a joint a day.

The studies mean nothing. Alcohol is way more harmful than pot and yet it wouldn't be so bad if someone drank once or twice a month.

What I'm saying is that 1 or 2 joints a month isn't anything significant to begin with.

Do a test on someone who smokes a joint a day and then we'll see what the health risk are.

:wink:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddyhandz said:
Interesting.

I think it would be good if they could conduct tests over a long period of time with the amount of pot being smoked equal to the amount of cigarettes.

1 or 2 joints a month isn't even considered an occasional smoker in my books. That would be a once in awhile smoker.

A casual smoker would be once a week and a regular pot smoker would be at least a joint a day.

The studies mean nothing. Alcohol is way more harmful than pot and yet it wouldn't be so bad if someone drank once or twice a month.

What I'm saying is that 1 or 2 joints a month isn't anything significant to begin with.

Do a test on someone who smokes a joint a day and then we'll see what the health risk are.

I smoked more than a joint a day for over 30 years, from 1971 till 2005 and have no health issues at all. Pass all my physicals with flying colors, lung xrays are clear, PSA is 1/4 of a single point and my lung capacity is great and that of someone 20 years younger according to my doctor. Unfortunately I had to quit to keep my current job as I drive a company vehicle and subject to wizz tests at any time :BangHead:... 1003 days till my next joint.... Come on retirement... :headbang:

I gave us cigarettes over 40 years ago..........

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
There is something like ten time the amount of "tar" in a joint as compared to a cigarette, so yes, I would definitely like to see the study of a pack a day of each, LOL!

BTW my Grandma ate eggs and bacon every morning for breakfast and lived to 95. Must mean they're good for you?

Naw, I don't think so. She was an old farm gal and used to hard work, kept herself busy most always.

Anyone up for smoking a few joints and going to tend the chickens and the cattle? Anybody? LOL!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeffro said:
There is something like ten time the amount of "tar" in a joint as compared to a cigarette, so yes, I would definitely like to see the study of a pack a day of each, LOL!

BTW my Grandma ate eggs and bacon every morning for breakfast and lived to 95. Must mean they're good for you?

Naw, I don't think so. She was an old farm gal and used to hard work, kept herself busy most always.

Anyone up for smoking a few joints and going to tend the chickens and the cattle? Anybody? LOL!

I will if we get to have bacon and eggs, they are good for the munchies.....

Treasure_Hunter said:
Muddyhandz said:
Interesting.

I smoked more than a joint a day for over 30 years, from 1971 till 2005 and have no health issues at all. Pass all my physicals with flying colors, lung xrays are clear, PSA is 1/4 of a single point and my lung capacity is great and that of someone 20 years younger according to my doctor. Unfortunately I had to quit to keep my current job as I drive a company vehicle and subject to wizz tests at any time :BangHead:... 1003 days till my next joint.... Come on retirement... :headbang:

I gave us cigarettes over 40 years ago..........

:headbang:

With those stats, they should have studied you back in 2005!

Curious, how would you rate the weed quality from 1971 to 2005?

I wonder what the difference between shake and bud is for toxicity. The leaf seems to have more tar.

Not that I would know anything about it. :tard:

Cheers.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew my own for years, of course it was strictly for medical research..... :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter, I have a friend that beats your current record by at least 8-10 years. This guy smokes weed like cigarettes :laughing7: I smoked pretty heavy too, but it was under 10 years.. As far purchasing weed, I didn't have the time or the place to grow the stuff, so I raffled off oz's in school. :tongue3: In the early 70's we had plenty of so called 'heads" in my school and we all knew one another. I thought, hey with all of these guys why should I buy small.. I'd buy 2 oz's and hold a raffle once a week and raffle one off.. Imagine what student wouldn't enter my lottery... A $1.00 would get you an ounce :laughing7:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Keeping true to my strict policy of not responding to posts about marijuana, I hereby do not post a response to such post.

And you are typing after you just finished packing your bong :sign10:

OP
OP
Jeep

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red James cash said:
Keeping true to my strict policy of not responding to posts about marijuana, I hereby do not post a response to such post.

Puff, Puff, Pass 8)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeep said:
Red James cash said:

Puff, Puff, Pass 8)

Shotgun.... :icon_shaking2:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been exposed to Marujuana in some form or other for nearly sixty years. I have never been tempted to partake of it. Mainly because I have witnessed first hand what dope can do to a family. But secondly for the simple reason it is illegal. But you say MJ is no worse than alcohol and yet booze is legal. True, it is no worse except when it is abused. So I think you could say the abuse of alcohol is still illegal, ie: DUI, Public drunkiness, providing alcohol to a minor, etc. I am not strongly opposed to medical marijuana, provided it is grown and packaged by strict federal guide lines and developed and distrubited by reputable pharmacutical companies limiting the strength, etc, just as our other RX drugs are handled. And you may say MJ is not a gateway drug, but I know for a fact it is. I have never asked a hard line narcotic addict what got them started that didn't say their first drug was Marijuana. That's just my opinion and for the sake of argument I'll stick by it unless someone I see some proof otherwise. Monty

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I have been exposed to Marujuana in some form or other for nearly sixty years. I have never been tempted to partake of it. Mainly because I have witnessed first hand what dope can do to a family. But secondly for the simple reason it is illegal. But you say MJ is no worse than alcohol and yet booze is legal. True, it is no worse except when it is abused. So I think you could say the abuse of alcohol is still illegal, ie: DUI, Public drunkiness, providing alcohol to a minor, etc. I am not strongly opposed to medical marijuana, provided it is grown and packaged by strict federal guide lines and developed and distrubited by reputable pharmacutical companies limiting the strength, etc, just as our other RX drugs are handled. And you may say MJ is not a gateway drug, but I know for a fact it is. I have never asked a hard line narcotic addict what got them started that didn't say their first drug was Marijuana. That's just my opinion and for the sake of argument I'll stick by it unless someone I see some proof otherwise. Monty

I have never met an alcoholic that didnt start with beer, so I guess a beer is the gateway to beiing an alcoholic, then again, now that I think about it I have never met an alcoholic that didn't drink milk so maybe milk is the gateway.... :tongue3:

Pot gives you no hangover, alcohol does, pot does not make you violent, alcohol does, pot does not destroy your liver, alcohol does, I have never heard of or read about a man smoking pot then beating his wife, I have read hundreds of times about it happening when the man drank. I could smoke 10 joints the night before work, go to work the next day and have no residual effects, drink 10 beers or 10 scotches and go to work the next day and I am still unfit to drive, even though my blood/alcohol level is legal, I am hung over and a danger....... :BangHead:

I respect you Monty, just pointing out what I know and have experienced over the last 40 years since my fist "joint".....

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
You both are right in certain respects.

Will pot lead to meth? Not necessarily.

Will pot lead to heroin? Not necessarily.

But ask any meth user or heroin user whats the first drug you tried and nine times out of ten, it's pot.

Lots of people can smoke pot and never move on to harder stuff, but those that do the harder stuff started with pot, most likely.

Spin it any way you want to I suppose. But chances are you don't just jump right into heroin or meth :tongue3:

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Who's an authority on safety or effectiveness of using cannabis to treat various conditions, when $$ sway opinions? Does drug war (penalties)
breaks up families more than drug use? Teen in trouble for drugs wanted release to family. Govt says no because his dad drinks beer. Fair? Drs. paid to push (p)harmaceutical junk, silent on anything else.

Allison Myrden, a Canadian constable, retired not by choice, uses up to an ounce of MJ a day to treat MS accompanied by intense facial pain. If she lived in OK, she'd be doing life sentence. Deserving it? She's now in Law Enforcement Against Prohibition leap.cc

LEAP (x-narcs) explains how legalization of drugs would lower crime. If you trust cops or not, it's interesting reading to many.

Why hasn't cannabis been proven to be a direct cause of death in even 1 person of the over 1 billion that have used it over roughly 10,000 years?

But alcohol causes 100,000+ deaths yearly in USA, as do prescription pills when used as directed (+ intentional abuse resulting sometimes resulting in death). Kids & adults turn to prescription drugs, alcohol or tobacco that kills 400,000 Americans, when they can't get MJ.

Gateway effect: because a person did something first, does that mean it caused what happened later? Did any heroin, meth or crack addict not use H2O first? Causation or correlation?

An article early last year in LA Times said Oxycontin is the cause of increasing demand for heroin (and US govt is increasing heroin supply & Big Pharma plans to introduce pill 10 times more addictive).

Anyone can study which drugs have what effect, and which drugs may have an opposite or otherwise different effect that probably is not desired. And which are safest. All info is available online. Even within the cannabis family, different strains are preferred for different conditions.

Tobacco contains nicotine, a poison that narrows blood vessels & it also paralyzes the lung cleaners. MJ doesn't, it's an expectorant. Part of why the tar theory is flawed. The rest is the potential for tar to cause cancer in MJ users is blocked by at least 3 cannabinoids shown to fight cancer, those being THC, CBN (cannabinol) & CBD (cannabidiol).

There is no known fatal dose for MJ, it doesn't require more to get same effect after using some time & it doesn't have major physical withdrawal, unlike some approved drugs.

Our bodies produce endo-cannabinoids, natural cannabinoids that go to our cannabinoid receptors. So what the govt tries to prevent is similar to what is already in us.

1 year olds can get harmful Big Pharma pills. Kids can get meth (Desoxyn) for ADHD. 2,000mg of caffeine can kill & panel of addiction experts said caffeine 3 times as addicting as pot. Alcohol, 0.4%-0.5% BAC is fatal, yet many have close to this dose regularly. Abt 4 times as addicting as MJ & more intoxicating, wrecks livers (cannabis won't).

Gerald Ford in 1976 gave sole approval to Big Pharma to decide who got taxpayer money to fund "marijuana" studies. If they said they wanted to research benefits, no grant. If they said they wanted to research harm $500,000 grant likely with promise of more. Thus many bad studies.

I've probably read 5,000-10,000 pages on subject, the 1st 2,000 just to decide who's right. I didn't even start reading until came across John Kerry's medical MJ & MJ decrim forums. Had I not found those my opinion might be undecided or even like Monty's.

Knowledge comes from hearing & seeing. When Monty started in law enforcement, people didn't have home computers, & main stream media then as now tried to cover up knowledge that made govt-corp alliance look bad. So 99.9% didn't know truth, regardless of profession. Now the public is reading medical stuff on the internet.

Best regards, George (MN)

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was diagnosed with Fibromayalgia back in 1985, I've had RLS since I was 14 years old. I also have problems sleeping, and am in severe pain quite a bit. I'm on medications that have been tweaked over the years, plus I have other health problems. I use pot to help me sleep, ease the ant feeling in my arms and legs, feels like they are crawling all over me, my doc says it's nerve pain. I use a cane, and feel like my arms want to jump out of their sockets. In the past 10 months, I have lost 95 pounds because of pain and nausea and vomiting. I went last week and am now legal, I get MM from a dispensary, I refuse to smoke in front of kids, so am looking into cookies and such, the pain relief is wonderful, and it calms down the ants, and the jumpy feeling, sleeping is still hard, too much pain in hips. Before I smoked, I used to hit Chug all the time in my sleep, not so much anymore! I still get sick, but have been able to keep food down, a little at a time, yes my doc knows I smoke, we worked out a plan and he approves. Chug can see how much it's helping me and he supports it. When I do smoke, I don't do it around anyone, I respect other people and won't do that to anyone. All I want to do is live a normal life, no pain, I want to work, and be normal with good health again, that isn't going to happen. But what I can do is be MORE comfortable so that I may enjoy my life more, with less pain and nausea. When I go out with Chug for the day, by the time we get back home, I am white, shaky, in severe pain, and very tired, it takes alot out of me! When I smoke, it really does help, no I don't smoke cigs, and I rarely drink, I have no urge to try anything else. Why not legalize it, it would create jobs, make it safer for all by monitoring growing and producing, plus all the people it helps! Red

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread