Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Effects of $5 a Gallon Gas?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    1213 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: The Effects of $5 a Gallon Gas?

Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop
    Bikers are here in full force. Spring breakers are here in full force. All the rooms are rented. Beaches are as busy as ever.
    I hope your short term thinking turns out to be long term fact, but it has no historical references.

On the other hand, I am coming down in a month, so if they are flush, turn em upside down and shake em out on the beach for us please. I am sure the biker guys will oblige! Or maybe you can get them to turn the cooeds upside down to get daddies bling out of em? That just might be doable right there!
    Thomas Paine-
    "Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil," Paine wrote, and "in its worst state an intolerable one." Like many Americans today, Paine believed that government added insult to injury by using tax dollars in ways that were actually harmful to the public. "When we suffer," wrote Paine, "or are exposed to the same miseries by a government which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities are heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer." To Paine, "securing freedom and property to all men, and, above all things, freedom of religion," were the only legitimate functions of government. Americans generally agreed, and went to war to achieve this vision.
    http://mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx?control=233

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Charter Member
    us
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LagoonRiver

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2112 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Dave44
    Bikers are here in full force. Spring breakers are here in full force. All the rooms are rented. Beaches are as busy as ever.
    I hope your short term thinking turns out to be long term fact, but it has no historical references.

On the other hand, I am coming down in a month, so if they are flush, turn em upside down and shake em out on the beach for us please. I am sure the biker guys will oblige! Or maybe you can get them to turn the cooeds upside down to get daddies bling out of em? That just might be doable right there!
    No short term thinking....just........ .....gas ain't slowing them down.

Where are you heading to in a month?
    "The key to finding gold is finding places where it can be accessed."

Charter Member
    us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    1213 times

Quote Originally Posted by Dave44

No short term thinking....just........ .....gas ain't slowing them down.

Where are you heading to in a month?

Most people, me included, can handle a short term kick. But if it stays up long enough the wages will not go high enough, fast enough.

I am headed to FT Lauderdale area again, maybe Boca Raton this time I guess.
    Want to get together for a beer and some detecting?

Until the last year I only dug the dry dirt. But my wife and I get a kick out of the beaches nowadays.
    Thomas Paine-
    "Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil," Paine wrote, and "in its worst state an intolerable one." Like many Americans today, Paine believed that government added insult to injury by using tax dollars in ways that were actually harmful to the public. "When we suffer," wrote Paine, "or are exposed to the same miseries by a government which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities are heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer." To Paine, "securing freedom and property to all men, and, above all things, freedom of religion," were the only legitimate functions of government. Americans generally agreed, and went to war to achieve this vision.
    http://mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx?control=233

Feb 2008
    18 times

Short term: Usage of expendable income'
    A bit longer, usage of unsecured credit (credit cards) ( the next bubble.)
    Longer term more default on mortgage and other secured credit.
    Even longer, default on all credit, and no expendable income, small business lost and so on.
    Inflation across the board and a fail of the economy.

gb
    Sep 2010
    1 times

itsú5 a gallon over here now diesel if not just over DEREK

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    4663 times
    A lot of folks can't understand how we cameto have an oil shortage here in our country.
    ~~~
    Well, there's a very simple answer.

~~~
    Nobody bothered to check the oil.

~~~
    We just didn't know we were getting low.

~~~
    The reason for that is purely geographical.

~~~
    Our OIL is located in:

~~~
    ALASKA
    ~~~
    California
    ~~~
    Coastal Florida
    ~~~
    Coastal Louisiana

~~~
    Coastal Alabama
    ~~~~
    Coastal Mississippi
    ~~~~
    Coastal Texas

~~~
    North Dakota
    ~~~
    Wyoming
    ~~~
    Colorado
    ~~~
    Kansas
    ~~~~
    Ohio
    ~~~
    Oklahoma
    ~~~
    Pennsylvania
    ~~~

And
    Texas
    ~~~
    Our
    dipsticks are located in DC

us
    Mar 2012
    Southern VT
    Welcome to the begining of the end.

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1318 times
    Before leaded, blended,E85, hi octane,nitro, there was alcohol? Seeing the powers to be say we must burn corn for fuel, Is it illegal to run a still? In 88 I bought a van that ran on natural gas. so what's the big deal to convert now?
    Back then I ran a carb. not fuel injectors. Trouble was only one fill station in town. use to race with Alcohol. I say go to the local bone yard and pick up a BIG BLOCK carb it with a 650 tune it to alcohol and screw the EPA. Quit feeding the squrrils and make some fuel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Sponsors