The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For those that have difficulty at school at a young age, like I did, the run-of-the-mill teacher isn't going to cut it, in general. There was a very special teacher, Mrs. Shellhammer, at one of the schools I attended and I was transferred to her class when I couldn't graph simple coordinates. She knew that desire is the greatest motivator and introduced me to a typewriter (even then I loved gadgets). That opened the door because I wanted to use the dang thing and, of course, it had to be done right. There is another way, they just don't want to have to deal with it. The thought police and big pharma both win. What's not to hate?

To play a bit of devil's advocate... I've read that some of the neuronal traces laid down while on these medications, which would not have been laid down without them, can provide long-term benefits in the general form of a more well-connected brain. It does help my daughter in school to concentrate and stay off the teacher's radar. I wonder what I would have been like under the influence of amphetamine salts?

~~~

Adderall is a brand name of amphetamine salts-based medication used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy, legal only in the United States and Canada. It is a brand-name psychostimulant medication composed of racemic amphetamine aspartate monohydrate, racemic amphetamine sulfate, dextroamphetamine saccharide, and dextroamphetamine sulfate, which are all amphetamine salts. It is thought to work by increasing the amount of dopamine and norepinephrine in between synapses in the brain because the drug is a potent dopamine reuptake inhibitor and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. It is available in two formulations: IR (Instant Release) and XR (Extended Release). The immediate release formulation is indicated for use in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy, while the XR formulation is approved for use only with ADHD.

Like other stimulant prescription drugs, Adderall directly affects the mesolimbic reward pathway in the brain. Amphetamine salts preparations are considered to have high abuse potential, and it is classified as Schedule II by the US DEA.
Any medicine containing Methamphetamine or Amphetamine is defined as one of “Prohibited Stimulants” and strictly restricted in Japan. Nobody can bring any medicine containing Methamphetamine or Amphetamine (including Adderall) into Japan.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALOT of people out there truly need meds. no kidding. bunch of nutcases running around free as a bird.

tow the line people. :whip2: stay under control. no riots or independent thinking allowed. :icon_scratch:

I need a pill :icon_thumleft:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
......and "they" arrest you for not believing the way "they" want you to believe. You will be considered obsolete.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread