The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
http://www.alternet.org/health/1542...ism_is_deemed_a_mental_health_problem/?page=1

Would We Have Drugged Up Einstein? How Anti-Authoritarianism Is Deemed a Mental Health Problem
We are increasingly marketing drugs that essentially "cure" anti-authoritarians.
February 20, 2012

In my career as a psychologist, I have talked with hundreds of people previously diagnosed by other professionals with oppositional defiant disorder, attention deficit hyperactive disorder, anxiety disorder and other psychiatric illnesses, and I am struck by 1) how many of those diagnosed are essentially anti-authoritarians; and 2) how those professionals who have diagnosed them are not.

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For Spart, Adderall may be appropriate - it inhibits your behavior and makes you a soulless automaton...just what you need to get your posts under control...

:wink: :wink: :D ;D :)

F

Felinepeachy

FINALLY!!! Now we know why you're here so much Beep. We are just one big case study for you huh LOL :laughing9:

Seriously though, IMO "they" want us to all fit into one mold so anyone with a different mind set gets labeled with a "disorder" then medicated to "correct" it. It's a crock! Oh God, I could ramble on and on about this issue but I might be labeled as a schizo :tard: :laughing9:

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol...life is a case study! I'm no shrink, but most of that stuff is fairly self-evident if you look into it. I had 'ADHD', or would have been diagnosed with it nowadays, but there weren't any drugs for it then. When it came down to it, I had to force myself to think...sink or swim. As a father, both my daughters were 'forced' by the education system to take these medications. One couldn't take any of them due to side-effects. The other handles it fairly well, but, is, by definition, not herself when on the medication.

The surge in sociopaths/psychopaths in the population is an interesting study as well.

F

Felinepeachy

The "education" ( :tard:) system wants to medicate any kid that doesn't act the way they think they should. There are many reasons kids can't concentrate in school. Filling up on simple carbohydrate breakfasts or not having any at all being one, oh and the mind numbing crap they "teach" When I was in school I couldn't concentrate on half the garbage they had us reading because it wasn't interesting at all. I'm still that way today, if it's too boring I can't retain it. It's as if my mind is rejecting the useless info to save room for other things. ;D

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
FINALLY!!! Now we know why you're here so much Beep. We are just one big case study for you huh LOL :laughing9:

Seriously though, IMO "they" want us to all fit into one mold so anyone with a different mind set gets labeled with a "disorder" then medicated to "correct" it. It's a crock! Oh God, I could ramble on and on about this issue but I might be labeled as a schizo :tard: :laughing9:

This is a fascinating thread! In doing some research I found this article how drugs can and are being used for mind alteration. Scary stuff! I wonder what Rod Serling would think if he were alive today?

http://nootropics.com/smartdrugs/nootropic.html

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it all started in the 60's when they first tested LSD on soldiers... Since then science has always been tooling around with modifying human behavior.

Felinepeachy/Beep, you're right.. They want cookie cutter people walking around :laughing7:

Does 1984 ring a bell :dontknow:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
People don't get it now days, you don't need the drugs. I was a rebellious kid, in fact pretty much a young snot. The Korean War was going on, and I rebelled out of high school and joined the Navy. Guess what, to replace drugs all that is really necessary is a first class boatswain's mate. OMG I grew up fast, don't need drugs, just someone to get into your space with a vocabulary that you understand.

F

Felinepeachy

A good ole fashioned butt whoopin never hurt either. I am a firm believer in, spare the rod, spoil the child

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my career as a psychologist, I have talked with hundreds of people previously diagnosed by other professionals with oppositional defiant disorder, attention deficit hyperactive disorder, anxiety disorder and other psychiatric illnesses, and I am struck by 1) how many of those diagnosed are essentially anti-authoritarians; and 2) how those professionals who have diagnosed them are not.

IMHO - The very people worried about ADH or whatever were the ones creating chaos in the 60's. I think Boulder was the birthplace of one of the more popular acronyms. Forget which but they were all the same.

I grew up and lived in Chicago (Nort-side). I was in Grant Park in 1968 for the Democratic Convention. I marched and sang a little just to support the people who were serious about ending the war. The Abbie Hoffman types caused the trouble. And now D.C. is full of these former "neighborhood activists". Most of them still trying to "reform" government by regulation instead of law.

Just look around at how smart young kids are today. Yeah I wish I was too. They are being poisoned by these drugs. To deaden their minds. Is your best critical thinking done under the influence of drugs? I'm gonna say no.

Schools take note. You cannot drug all the kids all the time. They will outnumber you and overwhelm you. Overwhelm the system?

That was O'bama's strategy in Chicago. Overwhelm the systems by pretense creating havoc so it is just easier to relax a regulation or pass out more money. Same tactic as Jesse Jackson. And every other activist. The news would send a camera crew to show six people, preferably minorities, picketing carrying signs and chanting. No one else was around just the news crew and the activists. That was Chicago.

You tell me: If school children were shown the closeup news coverage as well as the context, would they be more able to sort out what the issues really are? Not on drugs they won't.
BB

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gord said:
Hey, they need the drugs prescribed because the teachers just can't teach!

Teacher school teaches teachers how to teach. Just follow the course outline. Teach what we tell you to teach. Or you will never get tenure. Or a full time job.

A math teacher should have at least a degree in math. They need to explain not read the book.
Science is better taught by maybe a retired industry scientist. not the gym teacher like my old school.
Biology is better taught by maybe a retired industry scientist. Not the health teacher like my old school.
Photography by a real photographer. I know one who doesn't understand how a light meter works and why a gray board is necessary. B&W photog.
History should be American History first, the American revolution why and how it happened. Do not begin with Cuba or Guatamala. Not us.
Writing.. cursive must be mandatory. Ever tried to read a handwritten historical document or relatives letter?
Reading skills absolutely. You may fake your way into a job but if you can't read the manual or whatever the job is about you're sunk. Doesn't matter if you have a college degree if you can't read your are a dummy and your school is a phoney.

BB

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
CONFORM OR BE CAST OUT!

"Growing up it all seems so one-sided
Opinions all provided, the future pre-decided
Detached and subdivided in the mass production zone
Nowhere is the dreamer or the misfit so alone"

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When "they" start saying conform or you will be considered an anarchist............... :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread