Worst JOB Ever

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The worst job ever is not one that I had, but it was at a car dealership I worked at.

When I was with Volvo, a car (Volvo Wagon) was trucked into our Service Dept. A guy had put the car in his garage, and blew his brains out. He sat dead in that car for about two weeks, until a relative found him.

For some crazy reason, his relatives wanted to keep the car, and paid our guys to clean it out! Decomposing flesh. Dried blood and brain matter all over the interior.

I don't care how much they offered me, I would not have cleaned that thing out!

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course!

The dealership subcontracted some company that cleans up crime scenes. Took them about a week.

Mike

OP
OP
Night Stalker

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
I had to go to the police auction to see. When they opened the door, it STILL smelled horrific. Somebody did buy it for $80.00. That was $80.00 too much for me. I think the guy ended up selling whatever metal was in the car, so he probably made his money back, but dead for a long time human body smell, just does not ever go away.

Did someone end up doing it??

I agree about the smell of human flesh. I smelled it a couple times while deployed to Mogadishu, Somalia in 1994, I still remember the stench of burned/rotted human flesh. yuk

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey NS,

What Unit were you in? Most all Americans were out of Somalia by the end of March 94.

The police don't really have any responsibility for cleanups (unless they caused the mess). That is a little known fact. Suicides and the like are the responsibility of the family or friends.

Best,

Mike

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
When I was studying to be a veterinarian I had to work some hours with the milk cows that the university owned. As it was a public university all of the employees are part of a syndicate and they do whatever they want... Well every time that we had to catch a cow to cure her or something, we had to walk over a lot of pooh? and sometimes cows don't wanted to get caught so it was like skying on the pooh? while you were still holding the rope, I am glad I never fall down.

Also I made my thesis on goats and unfortunately the owner didn't have any help than the students that were doing their thesis. For the first month we were 5 people, then probably for 3 months I was alone, at least I am glad that the tractor (also from the university) went outside the building with the food, because I had to get over the tractor to get the fresh alfalfa & grass, clean all the food and water recipients, feed the animals, clean all the goats poph? medicate them, check all the new Born's, weight them, in case the mothers don't feed them then took the milk from some and give them to the kids....  I lost a lot of weight unfortunately after some years I have them back.

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
Ups sorry I didn't know s...t was a bad word, well I already correct them.

Yes, working with animals is very funny, specially the small goats I love how they play with everything they find. I even adopted 6 goats after my thesis. But as 4 knowed me since they were small because I gave them milk they are not scared anymore and one male is a little dangerous, he already attacked me.

And yes I prefer the animals that are fed directly on the grass or alfalfa.

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
well the goat that attacked me is an adult nubian. He hit me with with one of his horns in one of my legs, he threw me to the fence so I falled down and was very frightened because I didn't know if he was going to attack me again while I was laying on the floor. I had many bruises in arms, back, stomach and the one on the leg...

And about the horse kick, is not that good, I was kicked in the leg by one of the university's horses which was not trained, I'm just glad he only hit the muscles and not the bone.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That brought back a memory I had totally forgotten about!

When I was a kid, we went to Pontchatrain Beach (an amusement park in New Orleans on the Lake, gone now). When we went to the petting zoo, they had a small herd of mountain goats. I went and got a quarter's worth of feed, and started walking towards the ram.

I didn't see it, but there was a complete semicircle of people getting closer to the goats. They were all backing into one corner. It happened so fast, I didn't see it coming. The ram bolted forward, and used my head like a trampoline. Knocked me clean out!

Best,

Mike

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
The worst job that I had was cleaning football stadium on Saturday mornings. I was part of a crew tht cleaned the stadium after home football games. It was hard work (started at 6:00am). People are pigs. Nacho cheese got into everything. Found a few nice things though (brand new thermos, clothes, & money). After words, the boss would always buy us breakfast. I lasted one season. It did teach me to respect custodians and that some people have to work outside in all weather. It was a good lesson.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO Mrs Oro, ever get up some cold frosty moning on the trail and while still half asleep, attempt to saddle a mule? They love nip at you or worse, step on your cooold cold toes, then inquiringly look at you as if to say "ok buster now what? wanna play"? Man that hurts and they are never in a hurry to get of of your pore toes. sheeh.

Tropical Tramp

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
A belgian horse! that most hurt.
I couldn't get the goat horns on time because I had some chicken eggs in my hands. (Please notice that I wrote chicken eggs because otherwise you will think that the goat attacked me because I was touching his eggs and that is not true :P)

Where did you take the training lessons? 3 months ago I say Monty Roberts on tv and I liked the technics. I just bought 2 of his dvd's I still haven't received them because mexican mail is a mess, but I hope to receive them soon. I don't have horses, but I love them and is one of the animals I hope to have some day.

We used to have horses when I was a kid, but my mother didn't let me do a lot of things, probably because when we are very young we really don't know what the word danger means.

Mike what were you doing alone with the goats? I'm glad you are fine after that attack.

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
Mrs. Oroblanco

You have a very interesting life and nice and big horses :D

I still don't have a horse, but I rent one once in a while and it seems that one of my neighbors, the one that will be my partner in the treasure hunting will receive 2 horses from their uncle soon (I hope), specially because there are places that can not be reached by car ::)

But as veterinarian you never know when someone will bring you a horse... but the truth is that I'm in love with horses, so I feel a little closer to them even with horse videos :P I hope to receive them next week.

nitro74d

Aug 21, 2006
Spring hill, Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 - 11", 6" coils
White's MXT Pro -coils: 300, 4x6DD, SEF 8x6 & 15x12
Coinmaster Pro - 9" spider
Garrett sea hunter mark II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to work at K-mart, now I work for Wal-mart.

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Umm saw some very nasty stuff in the Rhodesian army :'( I worked in a chicken factory for 1 years,,, and they made polony :o how anybody can eat that @#$% I dont know...... Now work for a waste water treatment works (sewage) been here for 17 years now...... Umm dont smell a thing ;D I have had to walk in it, wade in it.... covered in it from head to toe about 10 times, hey I even swam in it one time to close a valve to stop a pipe burst from flooding the works...... beat that one. I am working on the biggest water works in the southern hemisphere......

God bless
Peter

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would rather the Rhodesian Army than a polony factory! UUGH!

I saw some pretty rank stuff in the US Army and Navy, but I stayed away from chicken rendering! ;D ;D

Best,

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread