Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi TH'ers:
I have decided to find out if you have had comical happenings in metal detecting happen to you that you would like to share.I have added 2 recently to my list of head turning happenings I would like to mention, I hope you like. When aluminum cans had the old type tabs(Pull tabs) the refresment companys came out with their contest giving away anything from free pizza slices from a free adicional soda can. Now the non prized cans would tell you this is not a winner.Not to long ago I was scanning for over an hour a local park not getting for my effort a little less than 2 memorial encrusted cents.Feeling beatten and ready to call it quits I got my last seamingly promising signal. I dug with determination a 4 inch hole only to get a pulltab Ill be darn the tab reed "Please Try Again" ARRGH :angry5:. On another occation I was returning from a hunt at a different part a guy stops me since I developed a habbit to carry my detector on my shoulder and told me.Hey chap do me a favor and take a picture of that guy eating over at that table he told me jokingly. I looked at him puzzled and said fotograf and where in tarnations do I find a camera now besides I told him I can't take pictures I have hand tremors from my handicap.The lady next to him says to him I told you that is no camera and he says woops and they both burt out laughing. On another moment a lady stops me on my way back home from town calling me rather insistently and says to me can you please pass that over there and tell me if I own you anything.I looked at the area and saw a large blade of grass inbetween the cement sidewalk.I ask her... Did you lose a ring or a coin? She nods no then I said... What type of metal would you like me to find? Metal!?! Then it hit me and I grined and told her... Mam this not a grass trimmer this is a metal detector. DUUUHH!! :tongue3: :BangHead: She was so shammed she said oh sorry and beat a retreat inside her home. What will they come up next and confuse my poor detector with. ??? :D :wink:

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny :laughing7:
I had someone mistake my detector for a weed-eater also.

Fossis...........

Ratman

Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine your detecting in a park and you stop to talk to another detectorist who you've just met for the first time , and suddenly a LARGE Red Tail Hawk swoops down from a tree and attemps to land on the top of your head . :help: Talk about making a good first impression ! :dontknow:We laughed and went our own directions looking up in the sky the whole time . :laughing7: This is just one of many helarious happenings for me ...

HH
Mike :icon_pirat:

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
A few weeks ago I was kneeling down digging quarter, Foot steps came up behind me preceded by a nice waft of perfume. A pair of arms slid around my sholder pillowed by a nice full soft sweater full.and a swishof long hair,and a whispered word,"Ya gettin any thing lately?" By now I am almost in full shock, She turned out to be an old friend, hadnt seen her in a long time. Should have recognised the perfume. The quarter was a 1945. Bob

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lonesomebob, don't you know when someone is flirting with you :dontknow:

After her comment, I would have immediately pulled my best Clint Eastwood and said,

"Yea, feeling lucking punk" :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread