I am a lowlife scoundrel

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About a month ago, I went to my "special place' to shoot some pistols and meditate the purpose of life. It seems that I have to make this trip more and more often each year. Anyhow, some low down had dumped a recliner next to the gate. Since we have a trash pit on the property, I suffered a double hernia and loaded it up. After the shooting session I went to the pit and dumped it in. When I got back out to the gate, I happened to think about the last time when I found some change and a Timex in the cushions of one. I drove back to the site and put on my work gloves for a personal exam of the debris. I came up with a gold class ring with ruby sone from 1995. Wish I had taken pictures. The high school was from a neighboring town about 25 miles away. The school wouldn't talk to me on the phone, so Idrove over there. We found the man's name and and later I called four people with the same last name. One told me that he was a cousin and that he owned a large trailer supply shop about 40 miles from the house. A couple of days later, I drove over there and someone finally called him up to the customer desk. The first words out of his mouth.."What in the hell do you need.? I just reached in my pocket for the ring and he says "I don't need your card, I'm not buying." I was already ticked about the littering, so I just shruged and walked out.
Last Saturday the wife and I happened to walk by a gold exchange at the mall when I rememberd the ring in the pick-up.
It cost $86.00 to fill the pickup and $44.00 for Olive Garden. I spent about 30 at Harbor Freight. I have a little over a dollar left plus a low grade Ruby.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't blame you. POS didn't deserve it back, call it an "illegal dumping fee". I don't know about selling to a gold exchange at the mall though. Lowballers for sure.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this azzhold paid for your fillup and meal. good deal!
I would send him a thank you note for sure!

OP
OP
kenley

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I call them GARLICS. Look it up in your English-Spanish dictionery. wink-wink.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you, but I would leave him a note explaining that due to his rudeness, he missed out on getting his ring back, might give him a 'attitude adjustment'. :dontknow:

Fossis................

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossis said:
Good for you, but I would leave him a note explaining that due to his rudeness, he missed out on getting his ring back, might give him a 'attitude adjustment'. :dontknow:

See, I wouldn't even go as far as to mention the rudeness part. I would however thank him as follows

Dear dirtbag,

Thanks for that illegal dump last week, too bad you didn't take the time to see what you left me for my efforts in picking up after you. (I would not only list what you actually did find in great detail, but mention some other valuables) Love this ring, although I'll have to have it re-sized, it's a ring I will enjoy for years to come. In addition to the several coins, there was one there worth nearly $200.. So thanks for that as well. Fell free to drop some more stuff anytime, we already have your plate number.

OP
OP
kenley

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$86.00 to fill the pick-up. That's $26.00 more than my first car cost...and it had 20 gal of gas in it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kenley said:
$86.00 to fill the pick-up. That's $26.00 more than my first car cost...and it had 20 gal of gas in it.
Ahhh, the good ole days. Mine was $100 and had a 1/2 tank. And i'm not that old.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread