What Are My Internet Options?

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you already have a laptop but.... If you buy an iPad with 3G you can get 3G service for $30 per month for 5 gigabytes.
The best thing is that there is no contract if you use the AT&T one, so when you go to the cabin you can sign up for the month then cancel at the end of the month. You can do this as many times as you want and there are no extra fees. If you get one of those 3G to WiFi boxes it is a contract for 2yrs. Do the math, that's $720 at $30 per month, and that's just for the service. You can get a new 2nd Gen iPad with 3G for like $500 or so.
That's the way I went.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Our household uses 15 gigs by the middle of the billing cycle, and that's just surfing. No videos.
We are grandfathered into Sprint's unlimited usage terms. 5 gigs isn't all that much data when it comes down to it.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our household uses 15 gigs by the middle of the billing cycle, and that's just surfing. No videos.
We are grandfathered into Sprint's unlimited usage terms. 5 gigs isn't all that much data when it comes down to it.
If you read the original posters first post he said he only needs Internet access when he visits his house at the lake.
I'm sure 5GB would be fine for the average user for the purposes he intends it for.
Here is some data from AT&T on what data usage equals.
Click the tab "What you can do with a GB.

Data Usage Information & FAQs from AT&T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread