Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how many here have given backhanded compliments :icon_scratch:

I still do it on occasion just to keep in shape. Gotta love the the mixed looks you get, ranging from confusion to anger, and everything in-between :laughing7:

Example: That dress looks nice, but look look great if you lost 10 pounds.

I have hundreds of these gems over the years and probably lucky to still be alive :tongue3:

Do you have any favorites you'd like to share :dontknow:

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I owned my own business a few years back, one of my workers was a real problem.... He would work... but very slowly.. I put up with this for a while and , fortunately for me, found another job. He asked me for a reference. Therein lies the problem... do I say the truth, and get the labour relations board after me for denigrating a person..... or do I lie and let the next person deal with the problem. So.... my recommendation went like thus...... 'If you can get this individual to work for you, you will indeed be fortunate'

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nah, I don't say them. I think them.

Like to hubby---'You did a great job on that" and not spoken---but geez if you could move your ass a bit faster it would have been done 3 months ago and too bad you couldn't figure out how to handle those holes and not mutiliate them with the drill. for heavens sake, ever hear of measure twice, drill once? ya stupid *&**((

I guess I don't say the second half because I am mellowing with age now. younger I would have said it :laughing9:

there is nothing worse than a compliment with the words included: BUT or However then the zinger comes LOL

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
"He isn't afraid of hard work . . . he can lie down next to it all day without a care in the world."

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
When I owned my own business a few years back, one of my workers was a real problem.... He would work... but very slowly.. I put up with this for a while and , fortunately for me, found another job. He asked me for a reference. Therein lies the problem... do I say the truth, and get the labour relations board after me for denigrating a person..... or do I lie and let the next person deal with the problem. So.... my recommendation went like thus...... 'If you can get this individual to work for you, you will indeed be fortunate'

WOW, you're my hero! :notworthy: THANKS!

Awesome reply and sure wish I'd thought of that years ago.

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On a construction site, forman to employee "I'm gonna have to let you go" employee " Why whats wrong with my work" Forman "Oh your work is fine, just not enough of it".

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does this dress make me look fat?? No your fat makes you fat. Your not bald ! You have flesh colored hair Excuse me mam Your feet are smaller then mine so you can get closer to the sink.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it weren't for backhanded complements spartacus53 you would have no complements at all!

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
onfire, it's better to tell a woman trying to squeeze her feet into tiny shoes, to try the box they came in instead :laughing7:

Hotzone, you may have a point there.. Then again, I'm always open to learn more :tongue3:

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife or girlfriend: "Do these pants make my ass look fatter?"
Husband or boyfriend: "Nope, it's not the pants!" :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Wife or girlfriend: "Do these pants make my ass look fatter?"
Husband or boyfriend: "Nope, it's not the pants!" :laughing7:
My reply to that no win question is : 'Doesn't matter . Long as you keep turnin it around and bringing it back to me it's my favorite one to look at .'

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
When someone comments on there own lack off hair, i,ll look at it and assure them it would be a lot in a bowl of soup!:icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread