poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife and I went to Our bank, Made a cash withdraw.. Went and rented a tuxedo, last Thursday.. Got a Phone call Monday Morning, The Tux shop said the $100 bill we paid with was counterfit.. So wife gets another 100 from bank and makes it right.. In the meanwhile, Tux shop's bank mailed the fake to the Secret Service, FBI, Whoever gets it..

So she called our bank and tells them that the bill they gave us was a fake, Teller says " That cannot be possible, The bills pass a pen mark test before we give them out.. I say BS, He is trying to cover his Arse..

So wife has no mean ness about her.. So I was fuming, I call all of the above.. Then after getting the run around, (I never had counterfit money before).. I call the FBI, They patch me to the Secret Service.. After a nice long chat, I am kinda told.. I should have made the Tux shop, or their bank prove to me it was a fake before paying another 100 to make it right.. But, The agent said " They get alot of money beleived to be fake, But the note will be legal and good, So they send it back"....

Update! My bank says if it is fake, And we provide proof from the other bank, They will reimburse... They should add 50% for gas and my time taking care of their screw up if need be!!!!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I felt so bad for you , buddy , when I first heard this .
>So bad, in fact , that I went out and bought you a new detector .

>I'll deliver it to the bar where you shoot pool before Wednesday .
>It will be wrapped in toilet tissue with your name on it with instructions that you open it in front of the Wednesday crowd in the bar :laughing7:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't trust the tux shop to identify a fake n e thing.

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son was Ring bearer in a wedding, So the whole Party got their rentals from the same shop! The groom had an all white suit, The Arse ripped out right before the wedding, So I drove home for needle and thread, Like Superman, I Saved the Day.. I told him to make sure and tell the tux shop, They would be getting a Bill from the tailor who fixed his britches.. :laughing7:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the counterfit marker pens, they ONLY WORK, on the new bills! All the old, (the ones before they made the print change), large denomination bills like $50's, and $100's the counterfit pen ink won't work.

Once in a while I have had banks still have an older bill or two that is in with cashing my check the teller will give me.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why I pass $20's, people don't bother checking the small stuff anymore. :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
odds are if the tux shop gets it back, you'll never hear a word.

as TheHarleyMan2 said if it was an older bill the shop was probably wrong.

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank says if it proves fake, I show them proof from the other bank.. They will refund my $100.. I got a lil cranky at this.. I think they should give me $100 and they deal with the matter?

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Why didn't the tux shop check the bill when you gave it to them??? Why wait till after you left to let you know it was a fake..... Something not right with the tux shop.

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why didn't the tux shop check the bill when you gave it to them??? Why wait till after you left to let you know it was a fake..... Something not right with the tux shop.
was actually the tux shop's bank that told them it was a fake.. So the tux shop contacted me.

I still aint heard anything yet.. I will get on them again Monday If I don't hear anything

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They called my wife from the Tux shop, That 100 was a fake!

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well the counterfit marker pens, they ONLY WORK, on the new bills! All the old, (the ones before they made the print change), large denomination bills like $50's, and $100's the counterfit pen ink won't work.

Once in a while I have had banks still have an older bill or two that is in with cashing my check the teller will give me.

Those pens are basically worthless. All they can do is tell whether it is real "money paper"

Bleaching is a very common counterfeiting technique, the ink is bleached from a one or a five, and a 20, 50 or 100 is counterfeited from that paper.

When the pen is run across, it reads "good" because it IS good....but not the denomination printed.

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the paper about the fake, From the Authorities.. Bank is going to Reimburse the Hundred..

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Just Curious...

How do they know that it was your $100 bill? Is their business that slow that you were their only customer? Are the people at the tux shop trustworthy? Seems like a good way to launder a few bogus bills through a business. I'd be asking their bank if the tux shop has presented bogus bills before? Go to their bank and get a letter of verification from them and present it to your bank.

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just Curious...

How do they know that it was your $100 bill? Is their business that slow that you were their only customer? Are the people at the tux shop trustworthy? Seems like a good way to launder a few bogus bills through a business. I'd be asking their bank if the tux shop has presented bogus bills before? Go to their bank and get a letter of verification from them and present it to your bank.
My wife took care of it! The paper was from the Tux shop's bank.. I still have the number for the lady there that handles the tux shop's account.. Think I will give her a call and see what I get!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread