Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How many know what FREEDOM is???

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5926 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Badger View Post
    It's like my freedom ends where your nose begins.

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spartacus53 View Post
    Freedom is being able to buy either regular soda, or diet soda without someone twisting your arm
    I may have to amend my quote as NYC is about to pass a law on abolishing super-sized drinks (over 20 0unces I think) in the very near future. Yup, I think it good that someone knows the limit I should have when I'm thirsty.

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5926 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spartacus53 View Post
    I may have to amend my quote as NYC is about to pass a law on abolishing super-sized drinks (over 20 0unces I think) in the very near future. Yup, I think it good that someone knows the limit I should have when I'm thirsty.
    Easy cure, By 3 instead of one & carry your own cup
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71675a67aebf7dded4818d05a469fefc.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	653192

Last edited by jeff of pa; Jul 12, 2012 at 06:29 AM.

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankn View Post
    Freedom! When I was younger, I actually enjoyed it, but now a lot of it is gone. My son drives a VW Jetta. The cops pulled him over last night because his radar detector was OBSTRUCTING HIS VIEW.
    And yet it's legal to have an E-Z pass on your windshield Go figure

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    115 times
    eating
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankn View Post
    Freedom! When I was younger, I actually enjoyed it, but now a lot of it is gone. My son drives a VW Jetta. The cops pulled him over last night because his radar detector was OBSTRUCTING HIS VIEW. Do you believe that. He got a warning ticket plus patted down plus his car searched. There were 3 police cars there!!! Must have been a slow night.

Attachment 653084Oh, by the way, the UN is passing a resolution That would ban all semi-automatic guns and require registration of all others. Iran is backing it and so is Hillery. They are trying to negate our constitution! I never did like the UN, a groupe of small countries sponging on the larger while trying to tell them how to live.
    WARNING: Children don't read this.
    As for the cops I don't worry about them due to certain connections I can't mention. Now when I get pulled over and hand the officer my ID the poor cop almost apologizes for inconveniencing me. Recently a state trooper nailed me doing about 63 in a 55 zone and when he came to the window he was rude as heck. I handed him my license and said a few words. He did a 180 degree turn in his demeanor and his almost exact words were: "Well I won't hold you up...have a great day." He never even ran the license.

In the real world it does matter who you are and especially who you know. So, tell your son to hit the books, get a good education, work his way up, and enjoy things like this. It's really great fun.

I usually don't do this but he just ticked me off a bit. But in all fairness I deserved a ticket and maybe next time I'll just take it (ya right!).
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

Charter Member
    us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    1587 times
    I thought you deserved a ticket at 10 mph over the limit.. conversely I think that 10 mph under should carry equal penalties. (Fairness thing)

Freedom started going away in America as soon as politicians decided to make a profession of being in power, (notice they are mostly lawyers?). Power hungry lawyers loved the new Karl Marx ideology as it gave them the psychological tools to manipulate the uneducated.

By the way, Americans discussed the Constitution and the Bill of Rights freely until around the first world war, when political prisoners became the norm in America.
    worldtalker likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2168 times
    In my opinion there hasn't been any TRUE freedom since the Ten Commandments!! Check this one out...."Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife". Excuse me but, have you seen that woman in short shorts and a cutoff tanktop??
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Apr 2012
    Clark County Washington
    Tiger Shark 8" coil, Tejon 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones Whites TRX pointer Minelab Quattro, Garrett gold stinger
    210 times
    Some of my thoughts on freedom:
    It used to be you picked up a dictionary and turned to the back and would find the Declaration of Independance! That is the one they really don't want you paying to much attention to. By substituting the government for refences to the king and most of it could still apply today!
    The Civil war taught us that The United States is an exclusive club that you can join but can't quit!
    "Absolute power corrupts absolutely!"
    I fought for this country and would do so again....
    worldtalker likes this.
    It's no wonder truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors