Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Me, I've never been free. At least not what I'd call freedom. To me freedom is being able to do anything that doesn't harm someone else. It's like my freedom ends where your nose begins.

Probably the closest I ever came to true freedom was the time between leaving home and getting married. I still was subject to others but found ways to circumvent their orders, expectations, etc. . After marriage, forget it. Once married all true freedom is gone and one becomes a slave to ones spouse, in-laws, outlaws, and all the others.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Freedom is being able to do anything you want as long as it doesn't interfear with some one elses freedom. That's where law comes in, it draws that line. The problem today is to many laws have been made that favor certain people or groups and they have nibbled away at our freedom. Laws should only protect one person from another. A good example of law abuse is the mandate "tax" that you have to buy insurance. Insurance is a share the expense scheme. It favors those that abuse it, like those all you can eat for $10 restraunts where you see rather heavy set people with several plates in front of them. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Freedom is being able to do anything you want as long as it doesn't interfear with some one elses freedom. That's where law comes in, it draws that line. The problem today is to many laws have been made that favor certain people or groups and they have nibbled away at our freedom. Laws should only protect one person from another. A good example of law abuse is the mandate "tax" that you have to buy insurance. Insurance is a share the expense scheme. It favors those that abuse it, like those all you can eat for $10 restraunts where you see rather heavy set people with several plates in front of them. View attachment 651332
Frank, You can say OBESE,after all,America is the MOST obese nation on the globe,whoops,heh,heh,they may have a law against saying that!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freedom is being able to buy either regular soda, or diet soda without someone twisting your arm :laughing9:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shoot there is no 'true' freedom. maybe way back when it was the wild west. or new lands were being discovered etc.

now it is law after law after law. sure you are free to wake up and obey the law all darn day. wonderful isnt it?

most (and darn near everyone I mean) is under the CONTROL of something. laws, work, spouses, parents, schools and all that.

but it comes down to degrees of freedom. I would rather be in a country that is 'free' vs. some of those other countries that live like crappola.
no doubt about that! :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time there was the kind of freedom here in USA that you are talking about would have been the early 1800s with the Mountain Men..... There was no law west of the Mississippi, you did what you wanted, you went where you wanted when you wanted, you may not have seen another white man for over a year, you lived off the land, you "stomped your own snakes" if someone wronged you so to speak... You were also in constant danger from wild animals and from the "local residents", the indians in your area....

Last edited:

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The issue today is certain people want freedom without consequence, what we have is the freedom to choose many things, where to live, what to eat, who and what to...well you know, etc. Somewhere along the line somebody decided it was the governments job to eliminate as many consequences as possible. I will not elaborate or this thread will go awry quickly.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Last time there was the kind of freedom here in USA that you are talking about would have been the early 1800s with the Mountain Men..... There was no law west of the Mississippi, you did what you wanted, you went where you wanted when you wanted, you may not have seen another white man for over a year, you lived off the land, you "stomped your own snakes" if someone wronged you so to speak... You were also in constant danger from wild animals and from the "local residents", the indians in your area....
There was law, just not white man's law. Enforcing those laws is often where the local residents became a hindrance to you guys.
Among the Indians there have been no written laws. Customs handed down from generation to generation have been the only laws to guide them. Every one might act different from what was considered right did he choose to do so, but such acts would bring upon him the censure of the Nation.... This fear of the Nation's censure acted as a mighty band, binding all in one social, honorable compact.
Kah-ge-ga-bowh -- Ojibwa Chief

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same rule that was practice the world over, including all of Europe.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geezzz, every 5 year old really knows what freedom is..... :tongue3:

Quick, go fetch me 5 year old :laughing9:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Yep, there are to many laws now, but back then men were men and not sheeple. Remember the reaction to the stamp act? just think of what reaction there would have been to mandatory health insurance.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good old days when Judge Roy Bean was the only law west of the Pecos! Not!
The problem is not the laws but the fact we pay people to make laws. Let's say we had the laws right! How could they stay that way when we pay someone to make new ones. Also how is it that lawmakers are in such agreement with members of the same party on most issues? Any law that is created by partensenship must not really be important enough to be made a law. Laws should transcend party affiliation. :coffee2:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Freedom! When I was younger, I actually enjoyed it, but now a lot of it is gone. My son drives a VW Jetta. The cops pulled him over last night because his radar detector was OBSTRUCTING HIS VIEW. Do you believe that. He got a warning ticket plus patted down plus his car searched. There were 3 police cars there!!! Must have been a slow night.

liberty lady 2.jpg Oh, by the way, the UN is passing a resolution That would ban all semi-automatic guns and require registration of all others. Iran is backing it and so is Hillery. They are trying to negate our constitution! I never did like the UN, a groupe of small countries sponging on the larger while trying to tell them how to live.

Last edited:
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Freedom! When I was younger, I actually enjoyed it, but now a lot of it is gone. My som drives a VW Jetta. The cops pulled him over last night because his radar detector was OBSTRUCTING HIS VIEW. Do you believe that. He got a warning ticket plus patted down plus his car searched. There were 3 police cars there!!! Must have been a slow night.
Frank, I'ts only going to get WORSE,no search warrant?Well,there again too,with all the new laws,and there are already 33,000,000 on the books,I quess farting will land you in the pokey if you don't have a PERMIT! I enjoyed that Freedom in my younger years too!!!!!!!!! God Bless Chris

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freedom is being able to buy either regular soda, or diet soda without someone twisting your arm :laughing9:

I may have to amend my quote as NYC is about to pass a law on abolishing super-sized drinks (over 20 0unces I think) in the very near future. Yup, I think it good that someone knows the limit I should have when I'm thirsty. :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may have to amend my quote as NYC is about to pass a law on abolishing super-sized drinks (over 20 0unces I think) in the very near future. Yup, I think it good that someone knows the limit I should have when I'm thirsty. :laughing7:

Easy cure, By 3 instead of one & carry your own cup
71675a67aebf7dded4818d05a469fefc.jpg

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freedom! When I was younger, I actually enjoyed it, but now a lot of it is gone. My son drives a VW Jetta. The cops pulled him over last night because his radar detector was OBSTRUCTING HIS VIEW.

And yet it's legal to have an E-Z pass on your windshield :icon_scratch: Go figure :laughing9:

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Freedom! When I was younger, I actually enjoyed it, but now a lot of it is gone. My son drives a VW Jetta. The cops pulled him over last night because his radar detector was OBSTRUCTING HIS VIEW. Do you believe that. He got a warning ticket plus patted down plus his car searched. There were 3 police cars there!!! Must have been a slow night.

View attachment 653084 Oh, by the way, the UN is passing a resolution That would ban all semi-automatic guns and require registration of all others. Iran is backing it and so is Hillery. They are trying to negate our constitution! I never did like the UN, a groupe of small countries sponging on the larger while trying to tell them how to live.

WARNING: Children don't read this.
As for the cops I don't worry about them due to certain connections I can't mention. Now when I get pulled over and hand the officer my ID the poor cop almost apologizes for inconveniencing me. Recently a state trooper nailed me doing about 63 in a 55 zone and when he came to the window he was rude as heck. I handed him my license and said a few words. He did a 180 degree turn in his demeanor and his almost exact words were: "Well I won't hold you up...have a great day." :laughing7: He never even ran the license.

In the real world it does matter who you are and especially who you know. So, tell your son to hit the books, get a good education, work his way up, and enjoy things like this. It's really great fun.

I usually don't do this but he just ticked me off a bit. But in all fairness I deserved a ticket and maybe next time I'll just take it (ya right!). :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions