What Will America Be Like In 100 Years?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree the Green Mile is a great film, but I neither have magical powers nor am I black.

I looked it up and found that "Dead Man Walking" is the title of a 1995 film about a nun, who while comforting a convicted killer on death row emphasizes with the killer and his victims' families, which is not pertinent to this thread.

If I was going to quote from something, I would of been quoted from Charles Dickens A Tale of Two Cities which deals with the major themes of duality, revolution and resurrections E.G. "It was the best of times" (100 years from now) and "The worst of times" (Current ) or vice versa based on the point one is trying to make.

Beta - I should of introduced my warning with "It is a far far better thing that I do now than I have ever done before" .

Mo Beta - Quotes from Les Miserable's, by Victor Hugo would of been spot on as it is about the Miserable, the Wretched, the Poor ( I now qualify as all three ) and the politics and moral philosphys by reason of custom and law.

I always go by "It isnt over till the fat lady sings"

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sending this email to clarify that one does not automatically become one of the three classes: Miserable, Wretched, or Poor as described in Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.

In America, one must be contacted with the wonderful news that you may qualify. After you reply back to their notification in grateful ecstasy they will send you seven or more detailed forms which encompass everything you have done from birth to current or if deceased (from womb to tomb) by your heirs.

On reciept, they graciously allow you three to provide all of the detailed information requested by facsimile - Their procedures do not allow them to accept email as they could be held accountable as email is self documenting and can easily be traced.

It does not matter that your computer, all archived software, printer and even the frigging cable modem was seized by the police, while you were out shopping, on the possibility that the individual who they arrested in an attached studio, with separate entrance and exit, may of broken into my home and used my equipment to commit computer crime - I repeat may off. This scenario is the least likely possibility in the universe as I never let this individual in my house, I always lock my home on leaving, and bring in my pit bull guard dog when I am away as my office contains sensitive and proprietary information.

I should of said stolen, rather than seized as they left no inventory of items taken and the prosecutor's office has refused to provide a copy of the search warrant. I only found out about the raid by talking to a neighbor while I was waiting for the police which I called to report the theft to. Even though the who l was arrested in Jan 2011 and sentenced in Sep 2012, none of my office equipment, nor software has ever been returned.

As you may have already guessed miserable, wretched , and poor are code names that I use to indentify our Governments wonderful, a wonderful, bubbly program(s) to aid our distressed home owners: reverse mortgage, loan modification, and short sale.

- Though I once owned a second home free and clear, I could not qualify for a reverse mortgage, even if I moved into it and made it my home of residence as there was not sufficient collateratal. It was a vintage plantation home and would of cost me more to bring it up to current codes than I could borrow.

- I Could not qualify for a loan modification as I did not have the necessary documentation - (Gee I wonder why)?
- The great wonderful news is that I may qualify for a short sale and they are even allowing me to more than three days to fill in and return all of the forms as the carpet baggers are having difficulty in carrying their loot and plunder away on their own.

Resuming Treasure Hunting / Salvaging was a no brainer: If I only find one zinc Lincoln memorial penny, I will have had a more productive year metal detecting than eight years of hard work - all needlessly destroyed as our so stated compassionate government refused to provide mirror images of my hard drive - stating they did not have the technology - yeah sure.

I wish all you detectortist out there a joyous season: may your coil sweepeth over much gold, platinum, and silver as well as coins of the realm. For those who made my retirement so challenging, I wish a long and interesting life. For then and only then will you realize and understand the damage that you have done and are doing to our way of life and our national security.

Sir Gala Clad salutes all those who get off the couch, pull their heads out of their DVT monitors and become involved before it is too late as it is for me!

I will leave you with my favorite quote from Albert Einstein:
"Perfection of means and confusion of goals seems to personify our age"

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I the only one that has heard of the Bedini Motor? We have oil run autos and people getting arrested for growing their own food, because they are trying to make us totally dependent on government. While they squeeze all the money they can from us. Tesla made an electric car with his technology in 1911. It didn't need to be charged up at all. It just ran.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another toy will help destroy
The elder race of man
Forget about your silly whim
It doesn't fit the Plan!

And the meek shall inherit the earth...

"I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon. City and sky become one, merging into a single plane, a vast sea of unbroken grey. The Twin Moons, just two pale orbs as they trace their way across the steely sky. I used to think I had a pretty good life here, just plugging into my machine for the day, then watching Templevision or reading a Temple Paper in the evening.

"My friend Jon always said it was nicer here than under the atmospheric domes of the Outer Planets. We have had peace since 2062, when the surviving planets were banded together under the Red Star of the Solar Federation. The less fortunate gave us a few new moons.
I believed what I was told. I thought it was a good life, I thought I was happy. Then I found something that changed it all..."

I. Overture

And the meek shall inherit the earth...

II. Temples of Syrinx

... "The massive grey walls of the Temples rise from the heart of every Federation city. I have always been awed by them, to think that every single facet of every life is regulated and directed from within! Our books, our music, our work and play are all looked after by the benevolent wisdom of the priests..."

We've taken care of everything
The words you hear, the songs you sing
The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes.
It's one for all and all for one
We work together, common sons
Never need to wonder how or why.

We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx
Our great computers fill the hallowed halls.
We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx
All the gifts of life are held within our walls.

Look around at this world we've made
Equality our stock in trade
Come and join the Brotherhood of Man
Oh, what a nice, contented world
Let the banners be unfurled
Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand.

We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx
Our great computers fill the hallowed halls.
We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx
All the gifts of life are held within our walls.

III. Discovery

... "Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful" ...

... "I learned to lay my fingers across the wires, and to turn the keys to make them sound differently. As I struck the wires with my other hand, I produced my first harmonious sounds, and soon my own music! How different it could be from the music of the Temples! I can't wait to tell the priests about it! ..."

What can this strange device be?
When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate and give music
What can this thing be that I found?

See how it sings like a sad heart
And joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain
Or notes that fall gently like rain.

I can't wait to share this new wonder
The people will all see its light
Let them all make their own music
The Priests praise my name on this night.

IV. Presentation

... "In the sudden silence as I finished playing, I looked up to a circle of grim, expressionless faces. Father Brown rose to his feet, and his somnolent voice echoed throughout the silent Temple Hall." ...

... "Instead of the grateful joy that I expected, they were words of quiet rejection! Instead of praise, sullen dismissal. I watched in shock and horror as Father Brown ground my precious instrument to splinters beneath his feet..."

I know it's most unusual
To come before you so
But I've found an ancient miracle
I thought that you should know
Listen to my music
And hear what it can do
There's something here as strong as life
I know that it will reach you.

Yes, we know, it's nothing new
It's just a waste of time
We have no need for ancient ways
Our world is doing fine
The elder race of man
It doesn't fit the plan.

I can't believe you're saying
These things just can't be true
Our world could use this beauty
Just think what we might do.
Listen to my music
And hear what it can do
There's something here as strong as life
I know that it will reach you.

Don't annoy us further!
We have our work to do.
Just think about the average
What use have they for you?
The elder race of man
It doesn't fit the Plan!

V. Oracle: The Dream

... "I guess it was a dream, but even now it all seems so vivid to me. Clearly yet I see the beckoning hand of the oracle as he stood at the summit of the staircase" ...

... "I see still the incredible beauty of the sculptured cities and the pure spirit of man revealed in the lives and works of this world. I was overwhelmed by both wonder and understanding as I saw a completely different way to life, a way that had been crushed by the Federation long ago. I saw now how meaningless life had become with the loss of all these things ..."

I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light?

I stand atop a spiral stair
An oracle confronts me there
He leads me on light years away
Through astral nights, galactic days
I see the works of gifted hands
That grace this strange and wondrous land
I see the hand of man arise
With hungry mind and open eyes

They left the planet long ago
The elder race still learn and grow
Their power grows with purpose strong
To claim the home where they belong
Home to tear the Temples down...
Home to change!

VI. Soliloquy

... "I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last."

The sleep is still in my eyes
The dream is still in my head
I heave a sigh and sadly smile
And lie a while in bed
I wish that it might come to pass
Not fade like all my dreams...

Just think of what my life might be
In a world like I have seen!
I don't think I can carry on
Carry on this cold and empty life

My spirits are low in the depths of despair
My lifeblood...
...spills over...

VII. The Grand Finale
Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.

alas, we see the genesis of spirit relic

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
america? no america, no boundaries, no countries, no flags.

just the earth and the life on it.

build a house have a shelter, plant seeds have food

make friends, have friends

love and be loved

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
america? no america, no boundaries, no countries, no flags.

just the earth and the life on it.

build a house have a shelter, plant seeds have food

make friends, have friends

love and be loved

if it were only that simple. It is not in the human condition for you to be safe in this scenario.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
perhaps, but who says humans are in charge?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I suspect we will be living on other planets. Very possible we dont die and live forever. Commerce as we know doesnt exist. Daily life like work will not exist also. I think Star Trek has invented many things we use today like the flip phone. War, disease, and poverty will be eliminated. Now if we have to destroy earth a few times to get there I can see that happening.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always loved Star Trek. But the premise that people excelled at a job they chose simply because they loved it, was always amazingly naive to me, I bet you can find a huge percentage that wouldn't want to do anything at all, guess they would live gratis, because everyone is so magnanimous?

And notice no one is jealous or ambitious, but no one better take my captains job!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
100 years..? REDUCED population, MOSTLY veggies, "air" car/trains, planes going into outer space, driven by electro-magnetic & solar energy sources, "discovery" of SPIRIT Being within that NEVER dies... cremation is imposed for "human remains", colonies on Moon & Mars (paid for by Sir Richard Trust...). BUT! MIND POWER is "discovered" and time/space travel is "daily event"... NO drugs needed. "MIND it is... which gives to things... their ESSENCE." (Buddha)

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just discovered this thread this morning. I would have liked to have 'liked' almost every post; but after over two years didn't think it was needed or would be beneficial. What has been said about the world 100 years from now really made me think.
So much of it was contrary to biblical teachings. I do believe that most of the bible's prophecies will come to pass. Therefore, I don't see any future without war. Someone in one post said that as long as their are two people alive, there will be war. We will and always have been at war with someone; at times even with someone we love.
I'll not be here then, nor will many, if any, of the people living today. Just a fact of life. We are living a lot longer than our ancestors did. But it will be many years into the future before people will have life expectancy of over 100 years; if ever.
Space travel? We may put a man on Mars, or even have a colony there. I can't really believe it will happen; but could. I doubt there will ever be enough funding for it. Maybe some private company/individuals will accomplish it; but not NASA.
Gardening? Yes, I believe there will be a lot of gardening in the future, even the near future. I don't mean truck farms, etc.. I mean by individual families. I plan to have one this next year. With a little help from the family, I believe we can save quite a bit of money. I wish we had a farm large enough to have some animals! Growing up, my dad would not own a place that didn't have enough land for a cow, calf, hogs, chickens, and a garden. A few times we lived where we only had garden space; but Dad was never happy unless he had animals for milk, eggs, pork, poultry, and beef.
Transportation? That's a real 'toss-up'. I can't see us running out of oil; but can see us stopping production of it! I'm probably another 'nutcase', but I feel there are a lot of connections between the oil extraction and the sinkholes that we are seeing. I haven't tried to research the subject; just an old man's thoughts.
I believe there are ways to increase the gas mileage for cars. Yes, I believe the oil companies would/might keep such ideas quashed. The only way improvements will be made public is for a large group of people to make it public. There are many different ideas floating around on You Tube videos. I've not researched these; but if they work, why isn't someone promoting them? Are they all just a bunch of nonsense?
Just the thoughts of an old man; take it or leave it. In a few years it won't matter; not to me anyway! lol

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100 Years - The Minelab will be able to detect 5 miles deep, therefore; interfering with all other detectors. The detecting world will be in complete chaos!!! :dontknow:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if it were only that simple. It is not in the human condition for you to be safe in this scenario.

I read this a while ago, and it stayed with me.

"I could see that the white man did not care about each other the way our people do.

They would take everything from each other if they could. Some had more of everything
than they could use while crowds of people had nothing at all.

This could not be better than the old ways of my people."

Black Elk, Oglala Lakota 1863-1950

A little while back someone else posted another Native American talk about how much better it was to hunt & fish while the women worked.

It also stated that the white man messed that all up.

Go figure.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always loved Star Trek. But the premise that people excelled at a job they chose simply because they loved it, was always amazingly naive to me, I bet you can find a huge percentage that wouldn't want to do anything at all, guess they would live gratis, because everyone is so magnanimous?

And notice no one is jealous or ambitious, but no one better take my captains job!

yeah and who decided they wanted to clean toilets??

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, that is damn handy

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, I read a single page of this thread - that was enough..
clip_image001.gif
"I will be SO FREAKING DEAD in 100 years that my great, great, great Grandson, will be knocking up a 32-year-old female space-freighter pilot in the back of a low space transport vehicle somewhere over China, while lead prospectors dig test holes near my grave in the forests of Westchester.

I so won’t give a flying Bosnian monkey on an Estonian’s back, whether or not the Republic still stands, or whether or not my descendents and the politicians they voted in - and the social and moral standards they adopted together, had the strength to hold together 400+ million people in a sea of billions.

I’ll be laughing my wing-joints off watching it all from above on my third metal detecting outing that day, while being lied to by all my Redneck Aunts and Uncles, Cousins and life-long friends. We’ll let THEM figure it out.. We did.

Granddaddy was Irish Cherokee
Ran moonshine from here to Tennessee
Spent half his life in the Montgomery county jail

Grandma she got drunk and left
All her kids on her mamas front steps
Nobody's heard from her since she hightailed

I come from a long line of losers
Half outlaw half boozers
I was born with a shot glass in my hand
I'm part hippie a little red neck
I'm always a suspect
My blood line made me who I am

Daddy never finished school
But he shot one mean game of pool
Took a bullet for stealin' cars down in Birmingham

Mama always went to church
But we soon found out what her reasons were
She got caught at the local motel with the preacher man

Half outlaw half boozers
I'm always a suspect

Half outlaw half boozers
I'm always a suspect

Half outlaw half boozers
I'm always a suspect

I come from a long line of losers......

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
100 years from now the U.N. will have disbanded Israel and the US. Russia and all Muslim countries will be in charge...and engaged in yet another never ending war with themselves.

sent from a potato with gravy!!...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions