Olympic Synchronized Metal Detecting?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Olympic Synchronized Metal Detecting. Just seems wrong that our hobby isn't represented. I mean, it would really add a lot more meaning to catch phrases like, "Bringing home the gold!". Just think of the point system that would used, points for posture and technical approach, points for coil control and scoop management, bonus points for cleanest and smoothest digs. Sure, many of us would have beer bellies, but so what! I mean, what about sumo wrestling, it's not like those guys are carrying around a six pack of physical fitness, at least some of us would be carrying a six pack, all be it, most likely being in the form of cans. If curling got there then why not metal detecting? And I don't exactly call marksmen, "athletes". Sure, they have guns and they can hit a fly in the left eye at a hundred paces, ok, so in retrospect if they want to be called athletes who's to argue? But the point is simply this, I'm betting that a sumo wrestler can't walk the beach all day long under a blistering sun without an umbrella and a wheelbarrow full of snacks, but many of us can, and do. So, I think we need Olympic Metal Detecting. What say you? :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread