Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Of course, in the context of that film. If a Muslim made one degrading Jews the media would say the same thing. I really don't see the issue here, seems like pretty straight forward common sense to me.

Your post above really belongs in "Comedy Central" because it has become a fact of life that the media (including the "journalists") see Christianity and Judaism as fair game for ANY AND ALL INSULTS.

Only Islam is exempt of all the religions that claim to stem from Abraham.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Most people use the word hate instead of dislike,slang wise.In order to hate somebody you have to know them very personally,they have to have become a mortal enemy.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course, in the context of that film. If a Muslim made one degrading Jews the media would say the same thing. I really don't see the issue here, seems like pretty straight forward common sense to me.

I am sure this is true. If that happened I am positive the Jewish people would burn US embassies and kill and mutilate all who were there. Hmmm on the other hand,, there is no historical evidence to prove this hypothesis.

You must be right, I don't see the issue either?

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay, so I'm the student here and you all are teaching me.

From what I've read so far, I'm seeing that we're pretty much split 3 ways in these general cases.

One side sees a media conspiracy to belittle Christianity (which was originally the dominate religion of America) and elevate Islam to the eventual position of overpowering Christian influence in America (bye bye equal rights for woman).

Another part sees no real problem and the label "Hate Monger" is sometimes legitimate but always relative (subject to individual circumstances and it's application changes with cultural changes).

The last part (as I understand it) basically denies hate which is to say they never dislike intensely, feel antipathy or aversion towards anyone or anything (the definition of hate is "Dislike intensely; feel antipathy or aversion towards").

I see a blending back and forth of these three in some posts but to completely analyze all the posts will take considerable time to condense it down to a one sentence statement as to what a hate monger is.

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone is upset, doesnt matter, you have caused greif. As for Muslims or any other ims, I treat em like they treat me. They wanna burn flags and tell us how to live, well thats not gonna get em invited to dinner.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if one has "publicly and openly" vowed to kill you no matter what or how long it takes -- (as radical isalamic forces have against americans * ) is it wize to mearely try to thwart his attacks and act in a solely defensive position ? --after all for terrorist the odds are greatly in their favor -- being they can decide to strike "when ,where anf how they choose" so the defeender has to be at all places ,at all times and always on the alert , diverting lots of time ,effort and energy and money to do so , whichi is in its self is a "crippling fiscal blow"---even if the terrorist never attack the cost of the security to prevent it is staggering and "harms" the country -- and since they vow to never stop --YOU will be fighting them at some time and some place , isn't it better to choose to fight them "over there" so when a bomb goes off --causng damage and suffering --its "their homes and by standers " being damaged & hurt and killed by it rather than fighting them here in america --where it would be american homes and by standers getting hit.-- as they say in football --the best defense is a good offense.

I for one do not think that "hating" someone that has "openly and publicly" vowed to kill you as" hate mongering"--- them vowing to kill me solely for not being "one of them" I do veiw as "hate mongering" , I veiw any "be one of us or die" groups as hate mongers , and as religious and mental thugs-- -- I veiw "hating those who wish to harm and or kill me" both as common sense and logical self defense in action.

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ivan, Preempted first response seems to be the norm today. I like the old stance, sell weapons and ammo to their enemy. Much cheaper that way. Also there is always going to be a small percentage(1%) who is nuts and gonna do dumb stuff anyway. Why add fuel to the fire. I say make a law that every American owns a weapon and require them to use it when we are attacked. Its not if anymore, it when Ivan.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
if one has "publicly and openly" vowed to kill you no matter what or how long it takes -- (as radical isalamic forces have against americans * ) is it wize to mearely try to thwart his attacks and act in a solely defensive position ? --after all for terrorist the odds are greatly in their favor -- being they can decide to strike "when ,where anf how they choose" so the defeender has to be at all places ,at all times and always on the alert , diverting lots of time ,effort and energy and money to do so , whichi is in its self is a "crippling fiscal blow"---even if the terrorist never attack the cost of the security to prevent it is staggering and "harms" the country -- and since they vow to never stop --YOU will be fighting them at some time and some place , isn't it better to choose to fight them "over there" so when a bomb goes off --causng damage and suffering --its "their homes and by standers " being damaged & hurt and killed by it rather than fighting them here in america --where it would be american homes and by standers getting hit.-- as they say in football --the best defense is a good offense.

I for one do not think that "hating" someone that has "openly and publicly" vowed to kill you as" hate mongering"--- them vowing to kill me solely for not being "one of them" I do veiw as "hate mongering" , I veiw any "be one of us or die" groups as hate mongers , and as religious and mental thugs-- -- I veiw "hating those who wish to harm and or kill me" both as common sense and logical self defense in action.

I was not taking a stance on it. I was defining it based on what my personal convictions tell me is the right source. To say I don't hate anything or anyone( subject example included) would be a lie.

I would say when you become an activist for your hate, bring as many on board as possible on your hate train, that is when the "monger" comes in.

If a person who is a threat would authentically repent, beg forgiveness and you knew it to be true(this is hypothetical) would you still kill them for what they once stood for? If not, it is their ideology you actually hate and their choice to adhere to that would result in the consequences that may follow.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The problem with certain groups is that the hate for other groups is taught from the very beginning of one's education and it lies dormant until the leader calls. That is what is happening today. That's why our service men are falling victims today. There are certain groups that you must never turn your back on. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 136

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
America- a place where the people have the right to complain about the lack of freedom. By: Louis Hirsch

Attachments

30.3 KB · Views: 132

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
America to me is not a territory and not a code, but a way of life. It is in the words that David Starr Jordan taught me, the land where hate dies away.
By: Albert Guerard

Attachments

30.3 KB · Views: 111

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
All through Hiroshima we've passed close to men and women pointing at ashes that evidently use to be homes of relatives or friends. We've seen them at the wrecked police station trying to locate missing people and walking towards their shrines to pray. I noticed one women leaning over a water faucet, the only thing left of her home, filling a pan to wash some clothes. There was no wreckage around her, no broken walls or glassless windows- just the water pipe, with the faucet on the end of it, sticking up out of the ashes. " It's tough on, them,sure," said a GI with me, "but it saved a lot of guys' lives."
One of the Jap navy officers acting as our interpreters was born in Sacramento, California. We ask him if the people of Japan accepted the atomic bomb as one of the misfortunes of war and held no particular resentment against us for it. Or, we asked, do they hate us? The officer studied his boots and peered Quizzically through his tortoise-rimmed glasses. "They hate you." he said.
By: Sargent Joe McCarthy, Yank

Attachments

30.3 KB · Views: 116

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am re-opening this thread to see how things go.

No attacks on Members, mods, admin. or TreasureNet rules will be Tolerated.
& no underhanded hints either.
(if it looks like a duck, I'm not waiting for the "Kaka-doodel-doo" before pulling the trigger :unhappysmiley: )
L39.jpg

If you can't live with these rules, then I'm sorry ???

Please have fun, but not too much Fun :laughing7:

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the loser of a war hates the winner --of course the winner had the "just cause" for going to war since the winner gets to write the" his story" books telling later generations all about "the war"

if japan had a nuke during WW2 they would have used it to win the war , just as we did -- would it be "right" to kill millions of people by with holding "the bomb" from use and having to invade mainland japan --invading the mainland of japan would have forced the japanese both military and civilians to fight on to "save face" --the atom bombs use allowed the japanese to surrender and still "save face" --after all who could fight such a "horrrible" weapon.-- I had a good japanese freind that was a officer in the japanse defense force(navy) he worked on a destroyer as the joint us / japanese task force "translator / communications officer" (he spoke both english and japanese )--he told me privately that many japanese understood that basically the atom bomb allowed japan to surrender with a shread of honor intact , and that it saved many more japanese lives that it took in the long haul -- plus the "fire bombing" raids on tokoyo by numbers were worse than the A Bombs were by the numbers of people killed all at once ---but the worse part of the A Bombs use he said was the long term defiling of the land area where it went off , and the long term suffering caused by it --he also said that without a doubt had the japanese had the ability to make and use an atomic weapon they would have no doubt used it on the allied forces .

I have been to both of the the atom bomb sites in japan and have seen the "photo negative " image of a human being that was "burnt" into a concrete wall by the ultra hot blast wave that vaporized the person into dust -- like a massive creamatorium--poof your gone in a puff of smoke --it was the most horrifying thing that I can personally recall seeing in my life , and it ranks right up there with the smell of 100.000 dead rotting iraqi soldiers bodies in the desert being carried out to sea by the desert winds to my ship which was laying just offshore during the gulf war--those are are two of the most gross and sicking things I have had the misfortune to experiance in my life.

Last edited:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MB, you are asking WHO is a hate monger and then 'what' is hate mongering?

Is that right in your initial post?

Hosensack said what I am thinking----I would say when you become an activist for your hate, bring as many on board as possible on your hate train, that is when the "monger" comes in. (I agree with this)

If you activitely go out and make a hate film, make hate pamphlets, give hate speeches then you are a hate monger. To incite people onto your side of hate. You are out to get someone or some culture or some ideology etc.

WHO is a hate monger? MANY out there are.

I agree with Frankn. There are people you can't not turn your back on out there in the big bad world.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Hating people is like burning down your own home to get rid of a rat.
By: Harry Emerson Fosdick- The Wages of Hate

Attachments

30.3 KB · Views: 77

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
A mans hatred of his own condition no more helps to improve it than hatred of other people tends to inprove them.
By: George Santayana- The life of reason, " Reason in Common Sense," 1905

Fanaticism consists in redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten your aim.
By: George Santayana

Attachments

30.3 KB · Views: 85

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread