Any one else using a Keurig coffee maker?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using a Keurig coffee maker now for almost a year. Dang coffee maker costs near $169.95 or there abouts. I hated the tase of bitter swil from my Mr. Coffee maker in the pot for a second or third cup so this Keurig makes a single great cup of joe everytime in under a minute. Of course the K-cups cost lots more than regular ground coffee, but you can use EZ-pods and use any regular ground coffee you want at a very cheap price.:coffee2:

Stupid thing broke finally so I called customer service and they are sending me a brand new machine even though mine was out of warranty. I expected to have to pay something, but not even shipping. Makes me realize why I gave up making instant coffee.:laughing7:

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Take a look at the cost per cup of their mix. They couldn't afford to let you buy another brand of coffee maker.

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have bought a few small kitchen appliances from Williams Sonoma, even though they cost a bit more and boy am I glad I did. Come to find out manufacturers make different versions for different sellers and the ones they sell at high end stores actually are a bit higher in quality, even though they seem exactly the same. Clothing mfgr's have done this forever. Anyway... I had a couple of things just up and stop working and brought them back to WS and they replaced them on the spot. No receipt. No hassle. I can't TELL you how relieved I was!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had quite a few cups from one,good stuff,my neighbor had one.My coffee maker passed on so im stuck drinking instant until i can get around to getting another machine.Then again i'm not really fussy anyway.

S

stefen

A former neighbor would process a pound of coffee at a time in a special pot and make a syrup...a teaspoon of the syrup in a cup of boiling water and you had the best cuppa ever...kept syrup in a refrigerated Mason jar...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I have a Mr Coffee at home and on the MH. They both make great coffee, but I only use French Roast Beans that I grind. I also use the flavored creamers. My favorites are cream boule and Italian sweet cream. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 236

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Sandman said:
I have been using a Keurig coffee maker now for almost a year. Dang coffee maker costs near $169.95 or there abouts. I hated the tase of bitter swil from my Mr. Coffee maker in the pot for a second or third cup so this Keurig makes a single great cup of joe everytime in under a minute. Of course the K-cups cost lots more than regular ground coffee, but you can use EZ-pods and use any regular ground coffee you want at a very cheap price.:coffee2:

Stupid thing broke finally so I called customer service and they are sending me a brand new machine even though mine was out of warranty. I expected to have to pay something, but not even shipping. Makes me realize why I gave up making instant coffee.:laughing7:

I am soon to buy one.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I love my Keuring coffee maker. Instant coffee tastes awful--no matter how much I doctor it up.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup....Love the keurig....simple, fast, and good.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we go to discount grocery stores and buy the keurig coffee k cups about half price .not too bad that way .

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Sandman, My Mr Coffee units don't have base heaters. They have a "coffee pot" like a thermos that keeps the coffee warm for hours. The blasted base heater units turn the coffee into road tar in no time. If it sits overnite, I can heat it in the microwave and it is still good. I drink so much coffee that I would go crazy making it one cup at a time. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 178

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
ticm said:
I am soon to buy one.

Well I just bought one. Very easy no mess and good coffee. The store I got it from gave me a twenty five dollar gift card for buying it.

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, it's a cute little item for making coffee one cup at a time...

I'd father go the old fashioned way... Bust up some beans, tie them in an old sock and dump in boiling water. Voila

You can make it by the bucket :icon_thumright:

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've yet to try one ,for now I have my mini cusinart coffee maker from Macy's red of course my fav..color,I love my Kona coffee from the islands.I always bring back bags of coffee when I go back home:headbang:,,HH:hello:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sandman, My Mr Coffee units don't have base heaters. They have a "coffee pot" like a thermos that keeps the coffee warm for hours. The blasted base heater units turn the coffee into road tar in no time. If it sits overnite, I can heat it in the microwave and it is still good. I drink so much coffee that I would go crazy making it one cup at a time. Frank

Sounds like the same unit I have. Learned what its like to have the second and third cups without them being burnt. LOVE IT!

Is this what you're talking about?

12225853.jpg

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Chadeaux said:
Sounds like the same unit I have. Learned what its like to have the second and third cups without them being burnt. LOVE IT!

Is this what you're talking about?

No that's not it.

image-3588786194.jpg

This is it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread