Cats?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now first let me say that have nothing against cats, have had a few as pets in my lifetime, "Tigger" was my favorite, a huge long hair tiger cat that weighed 26lbs. Very neat cat. BUT......cat's can also get into this zone that just sort of leaves you completely miffed as to what in the world they're thinking.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
You are not to question cats, jeeze! we are here to pamper them, not question them. of course my siamese is mad at me the majority of the time, cuz I say no, doesn't matter to what, just the word no & she throws a fit. but dang! she plays fetch & my dogs wont even do that!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Cats are independent animals,you dont own them ,they own you.They do what they want when they want.nothing you can really do about it.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
God gave man the housecat so that he would have the privelege of caressing the tiger. In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats and they make purr'fect pets. Saying all this(I read it before)my cat just came and meowed to have a little snack before bedtime at 11:15. I stopped and had to start this again. I am well trained. I changed litter today and soon he will come jump on his desk, sprawl out and this keyboard will be in my lap.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
God gave man the housecat so that he would have the privelege of caressing the tiger. In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats and they make purr'fect pets. Saying all this(I read it before)my cat just came and meowed to have a little snack before bedtime at 11:15. I stopped and had to start this again. I am well trained. I changed litter today and soon he will come jump on his desk, sprawl out and this keyboard will be in my lap.

YEP... AND! A bunch of cats is a GREAT example of PERSONAL FREEDOM, as a SOCIAL experiment... think about it.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
... Or a bunch of cats can also be a sign of hoarding (j/k)!!! I think any independent or introverted person deep inside wishes they were a cat! A well pampered one that is. Best to all cat lovers out there!

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now first let me say that have nothing against cats, have had a few as pets in my lifetime, "Tigger" was my favorite, a huge long hair tiger cat that weighed 26lbs. Very neat cat. BUT......cat's can also get into this zone that just sort of leaves you completely miffed as to what in the world they're thinking.

cats sure aren't like dogs. you play for them to have some amusement, a dog will play with you. I love cats for their independence and fierceness.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
NOPE, NO fried dogs at Pow-Wows. Native ppl LOVE dogs, MOSTLY wolves. Wolves here in Lynchburg/Amherst County, Va. area; Monacan Nation.

Ever wonder where the name "Dog Soldiers" came from?

I've always heard that the Cheyenne ate dog.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yes, FIERCE fighters.

If memory serves, Lewis and Clark met the Cheyenne and Lewis ate dog with them. Clark couldn't bring himself to do it though. Then again, could have been the other way round. History class was a long time ago.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Dog soldiers were the Cheyenne elite militaristic societies.Dog soldiers were the ones that wiped Custer out.Here chad you might like this.

Cheyenne Dog Soldiers

THANKS "Red"... Even I liked that info! Chad, have YOU been to a Pow-Wow, recently? NO "mystery meat" EVER served; wild "games", such as deer, elk, bison, rabbit... yes; dogs? NEVER!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Don't have a bunch, only one. And what am I to think about? I must have missed something. I'm old, go slow.

Going SLOW here; IF you had a bunch of INDEPENDENT, FREEDOM LOVING cats... as a "Social" experiment, it would be a FAILURE to try to "herd" 'em into ONE unified body. DIFFERENT breed, etc. with their "own agenda", with the BASIC of stalk a mouse, catch a mouse, eat a mouse, etc. "cat mind-set". YOU have ONLY one cat; put cat in a room of cats... LOL!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Living here in deepest darkest Arkansas, I have seen one of our locals trying to herd his cats up so he could thin them out. You talk about funny!

He got them backed into a corner of the yard where his two neighbors' fences met (6 ft privacy fence) and it wasn't that bad till he tried to grab one. Cats went everywhere.

On the other hand, he might be able to make a living catching chickens . . . if he wasn't too lazy to work.

Has a working vehicle and gas to ride around during the day, but makes his wife walk to work (about 6 miles) at the local Wal-Mart. If any guy picks her up (like when it's raining) he wants to fight with them and accuses her of being a tramp.

Cat people . . . curious beings.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread