How would you have handled this . . . without a gun? - Page 6
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: How would you have handled this . . . without a gun?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6013 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Chad, I don't know you, or how much combat edged weapon training you've had, but if three men with assualt rifles and pistols are entering your home and even SEE you with an edged weapon, you become a lead catcher. People like to kid themselves because the only real combat or human conflict they can relate to is far removed and on the nightly news, youtube or the movies. If you have actually been hit by a bullet, or cut with a knife in the process of fighting for your life reality is a lot closer to home. Life is not a movie. You do not talk your way out of a home invasion. If you are not armed you run, period.
    You are correct sir. That is why I started this thread. While I do not own a gun, I have been avidly following some of the nice choices available out there.

What I was getting at by the comment about the edged weapons is when I was younger, I was fairly proficient with them. Much of my work in my younger days involved dealings with some nasty people. I did it without a gun.

I do sometimes go and visit that state prison's website to check on the status of a few them I considered real threats.

Eventually they get out, if they live long enough.

Thus the consideration of purchasing another option for protection of myself and my family. Thought this thread would be a good way to get some suggestions without directly asking for them.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    1001 times
    Chad, I don't know you, or how much combat edged weapon training you've had, but if three men with assualt rifles and pistols are entering your home and even SEE you with an edged weapon, you become a lead catcher. People like to kid themselves because the only real combat or human conflict they can relate to is far removed and on the nightly news, youtube or the movies. If you have actually been hit by a bullet, or cut with a knife in the process of fighting for your life reality is a lot closer to home. Life is not a movie. You do not talk your way out of a home invasion. If you are not armed you run, period.
    >>We mebbie ought to compare scars some time . I totally agree with what you are saying about realities . Think you would probly take my word for where I got shot stealin chickens
    Terry Soloman likes this.
    Wolfpack forever

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    1001 times
    Chad ,
    I felt , while raising 4 kids , that if I hadn't established the concept of 'NO' in their minds by the time they reached 2 years old and had to resort to spankings beyond that point that I had failed as a parent . My kids were the orneriest kids in the community and leaders in their social circles . They also knew what lines not to cross . That was directly opposite to my upbringing where I just naturally expected to get my legs strapped every day .
    >>The adults they have become gives justification to my approach .
    Chadeaux likes this.
    Wolfpack forever

us

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6013 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by truckinbutch View Post
    >>We mebbie ought to compare scars some time . I totally agree with what you are saying about realities . Think you would probly take my word for where I got shot stealin chickens
    Please don't get me wrong, I don't equate an edged weapon with a firearm. That's why I'm looking at purchasing one that I feel comfortable with.

Experience is the best (and sometimes harshest) teacher.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    1052 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Chad, you might want to invest in some of these bad boys, and yes, with a little practice you can do a whole lot of damage

There are several styles to chose from too
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7956 times
    The Truth
    Pick yourself up a shotgun Chad.Remington 870 pump either 20 or 12 gauge with a 16 inch slug barrel and open rifle sights will do the trick.Folding stock and pistol grip is also another option for it as is longer barrels and magazine extensions.Much more versatile than a pistol.If it comes to it,its pretty hard to feed you and your family when youre armed with only pistol.With a shotgun any and all wild game is a possibility.

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    1001 times
    Chad ,
    My poor skills with copy/paste made a reply I was making to Terry made it look like I directed it to you . My bad .
    >
    >Your skill with edged weapons should make transitioning to a close range defense firearm a very short step . My wife and I both carry .38spl+p Charter Arms Undercover stainless steel 5 shot snub . $308 NIB @. 1lb and extremely concealable . We have heavier , larger caliber arms . For PD it needs to be within arms reach 24/7 . If you have to run to get it you are too late .
    Wolfpack forever

us

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6013 times
    Cache Hunting
    I was looking at this item:

Mossberg 500 Special Purpose Persuader/Cruiser Pump Shotgun 12 Gauge Black Synthetic Stock Parkerized Finish

Anyone have experience with this make/model?

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7956 times
    The Truth
    Mossberg isnt bad ,but did you notice what the receiver was made out of.Aluminum alloy.I would want durability,especially when it fires 3 inch magnums, in something that im going to stake me and my families life on.All steel is the way to go,for me anyway.

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1334 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stefen View Post
    Attachment 700416Without a gun, the telephone is the best weapon or at least jump out of a friggin window...

Obviously rubber bands, pea shooters and sling shots are limited in that situation...

However there is a 5 shot revolver on the market called 'The Judge' that holds five (5) 45 ACP and/or 4.10 shotgun shells (or a combination thereof)...

And shooting a 4.10 within the distance of several rooms (15' or so) is lethal, if not incapacitating...

A single bullet must be on target but a 4.10 only needs to be pointed in the general direction, and let the shot pattern do its job.

So it screws up a few walls and decorations...thats the least of their worries...
    Owned one as soon as they came out, New ammo 4 shot copper (buck) I load first 2 (buck)then 3 45LC Zombi loads( hollow points) Exit wound at least 3 in. Squirrels turn in to a mist. Better having one story then 2

us
    Jul 2012
    SE Va
    Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
    2594 times
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    If you want a shotgun that can hold multiple rounds/loads, this may be what you want. Has 2 separate magazines (7 each side). Looks like something out of the game HALO but have seen some good reviews on it. Has a legal sized barrel (maybe not in Ca) but, since it is a bullpup design it feels shorter overall and would be easier to handle inside the more closed in areas of house/apartment.

Kel Tec CNC

Kel-Tec KSG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

us
    Jul 2012
    SE Va
    Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
    2594 times
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Still like my Judge though....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4510PD-3B.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	703140

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links