Whats Happening To Our Language? **** - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Whats Happening To Our Language? ****

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Basically a mole that can read maps and use a detector.

Oct 2012
    Michigan
    White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
    408 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James cash View Post
    Dont forget its ok to apply a "kinetic action" (which is bombing)to another country but you cant bomb them.
    I want to punch a baby panda in the face when I hear the phrase "undocumented" to refer to someone who is an ILLEGAL.

I should go to the store and makes some "undocumented purchases"
    Oh that's right, those are CRIMES.
    Red James Cash and AU24K like this.
    Critical Recovery Midwest

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7960 times
    The Truth
    I could use a new undocumented computer
    Critical Recovery likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    Where good deeds are performed daily
    Garrett Fortune Hunter, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
    8800 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James cash View Post
    Dont forget its ok to apply a "kinetic action" (which is bombing)to another country but you cant bomb them.
    Perhaps a "retaliatory"/"pre-emptive" decimating "reply"/"overt action" is an acceptable term?

You can see the confusion that I spoke of earlier about "what do they mean?"

It all boils down to the action and how it is "spun" by whom....
    Different "folks" use language very skillfully and subconsciously to mold opinion and thought. For the "Sheeple."

Don't be a "Sheeple!"

Understand the agendas and hidden ulterior motives of those whom you converse with and listen to.

Best,
    Scott
    Last edited by AU24K; Nov 18, 2012 at 04:51 PM.
    CAN YA DIG IT?
    Democracy: The only system where
    two idiots can out-vote one genius

mx
    May 2010
    478 times
    Actually with proper usage, there can be a difference between illegal and undocumented. A dear friend was brought into the US legally by her father in 1989, when she was 16. He had been legally working in the US for years, and under a program at that time, he was allowed to bring in his children after a certain number of years.

At the border, they went to an attorney, and filled out the papers, showing the applications to the immigration officials who accepted it. Application pending. They then went on in to the US as legals.

Time passed, and no communication from the INS. They contacted them, no records found. They went back to the border, looking for the attorney, who had run off with the money and did not complete the applications.

So, suddenly, she was not legal, but undocumented, though they did everything correctly. Eventually, the laws were changed, and she became outright illegal while not doing anything different.

She was eventually caught, and had a deportation hearing. When the judge found out she had been going to college, he gave her residency. She is now married to a North American, has some sort of college diploma, works and paid taxes, and her sons are being raised as Americans. Bilingual, but Americans.

She never did want to come to the US. Now, she is happy there, but never wanted to leave her Mexican home. Minor children have no say in such matters.

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    Garrett Fortune Hunter, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
    8800 times
    Quote Originally Posted by piegrande View Post
    Actually with proper usage, there can be a difference between illegal and undocumented. A dear friend was brought into the US legally by her father in 1989, when she was 16. He had been legally working in the US for years, and under a program at that time, he was allowed to bring in his children after a certain number of years.

At the border, they went to an attorney, and filled out the papers, showing the applications to the immigration officials who accepted it. Application pending. They then went on in to the US as legals.

Time passed, and no communication from the INS. They contacted them, no records found. They went back to the border, looking for the attorney, who had run off with the money and did not complete the applications.

So, suddenly, she was not legal, but undocumented, though they did everything correctly. Eventually, the laws were changed, and she became outright illegal while not doing anything different.

She was eventually caught, and had a deportation hearing. When the judge found out she had been going to college, he gave her residency. She is now married to a North American, has some sort of college diploma, works and paid taxes, and her sons are being raised as Americans. Bilingual, but Americans.

She never did want to come to the US. Now, she is happy there, but never wanted to leave her Mexican home. Minor children have no say in such matters.
    And, in the final analysis, your contribution and belief is what?

Is there some "one sentence message" that you wish to convey?

Make your statement and then stand behind it.

Best,
    Scott
    Last edited by AU24K; Nov 18, 2012 at 08:05 PM.
    Critical Recovery likes this.
    CAN YA DIG IT?

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    8800 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AU24K View Post
    And, in the final analysis, your contribution and belief is what?

Is there some "one sentence message" that you wish to convey?

Make your statement and then stand behind it.

Best,
    Scott
    Please do not consider me crass and uncaring....
    I truly appreciate the situation that you describe.

However, certain parameters MUST be considered.
    Fluent english speaker?
    Attending higher education?
    No negative contact with law enforcement?
    Serving in the US Military?
    Ability to "blend" within surroundings?

Congratulations! Move ahead in the line to be a LEGAL US Citizen!

Really, I'm a "People" person, but my people are those whom I can rely upon.

Those who are legal.....

I know and see many hispanics every day, and legality discussions are never initiated or discussed.

It is all a part of my day. As my presence is a part of their day.

We all go home in the evening, to our own personal hells and heavens; he to his, me to mine.
    We are equal as humans.

More thought needed?

To ALL of my Friends....

My Best,
    Scott
    Last edited by AU24K; Nov 18, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
    CAN YA DIG IT?

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times
    How about casualities of war. They use to die. Then they tested. Now they have fallen, passed on, or crosser over. I think reality is to harsh for some people. Frank Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skull etc 013-1-platinum_edited-3.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	702329

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    A worthless, just out of prison again, womanizer without a job skill, non-child support paying loser that's hooked on meth and living off his shackup's welfare is now called, "My baby daddy".
    Last edited by packerbacker; Nov 20, 2012 at 06:37 PM.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    8800 times
    Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker View Post
    A worthless, just out of prison again, womanizer without a job skill, non-child support paying loser that's hooked on meth and living off his shackup's welfare is now called, "My baby daddy".
    My Friend,

I am currently studying college courses that will enable me to professionally help any individuals of society that have had situations in their past that maybe you and I nor they might not be proud of.....

I am one man trying to heal the transgressions of the past and lead those willing to productivity and a goal in life....

Yes, there are "hopeless cases," and these are the folks that I want to help.

I appreciate your best wishes and thoughts.....

My Best,
    Scott
    Last edited by AU24K; Nov 21, 2012 at 05:13 PM.
    CAN YA DIG IT?

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1334 times
    Just who are these people who keep telling us what you can say or not say? I have no problem blasting someone who deserves it Words were ment to be used. Don't care if it's a thee piece suit or a wiener turner at the gas station. Not scared of a punch, If it's some stupid thing you did you have it coming. Some words are ment for shock value.

Are words like Kike offensive? Jews were distinguish by wearing a circle when entering the U.S Kike is short for Kikeal Or W.O.P. Italians( With out papers) Why are they offensive now when before they were just words.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    2959 times
    Onfire, yea, when you were a kid you understood that, but then some grew up and forgot. " Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never heart me." Frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rose on ice 700 this one.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	703366  

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    8800 times
    Quote Originally Posted by onfire View Post
    Just who are these people who keep telling us what you can say or not say? I have no problem blasting someone who deserves it Words were ment to be used. Don't care if it's a thee piece suit or a wiener turner at the gas station. Not scared of a punch, If it's some stupid thing you did you have it coming. Some words are ment for shock value.

Are words like Kike offensive? Jews were distinguish by wearing a circle when entering the U.S Kike is short for Kikeal Or W.O.P. Italians( With out papers) Why are they offensive now when before they were just words.
    Yes, words can be hurtful, name calling is inexcuseable.

Compassion is paramount in righting the wrongs of those who have done wrong and now seek absolution.
    As I, you, and everyone else....

We all should forgive those who have erred in the past and now seek forgiveness....
    In the way of my Lord, I forgive those and seek to help the repentant towards a satisfying and fruitful life.

My Best,
    Scott
    Last edited by AU24K; Nov 21, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
    CAN YA DIG IT?

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    2959 times
    AU24K , In most cases I might agree, But when it comes to people like Manson, I say let them rot in prison! I figure there is about 10% of the population like him that will never change. They would be forgiven to go and do it again. You have to learn to read people to survive today. Frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HAVRE DE GRACE 013-3.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	148.8 KB 
ID:	703752  

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    8800 times
    Ah, Frankn, my Friend....

The law, justice and accountabilty of ones actions are best left to the debate of juries, criminologists and psychologists.

In the final anaylasis, most folks can identify a sick, crazy S.O.B.

Assuredly, it is fortunate that I am not the supreme law of the land. Justice would be swift and appropriate...

My Best,
    Scott

Perhaps we digress...
    Last edited by AU24K; Nov 23, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
    CAN YA DIG IT?

Jul 2012
    Holmes County Ohio
    Tesoro Lobo
    1637 times
    I don't like words that are changed for no good reason other than to make them sound more impressive.

Library is now "Learning Resource Center"

Janitor is now "Custodial engineer"

Car washer is now "Car Detailer"

I think we should combine words, and make things as simple as possible. For example hilarious, could be fullarious.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Nov 23, 2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: language
    Two rules in life: Don't sweat the small stuff.

It's all small stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links