RELAX about the Twinkies. Heres why: - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: RELAX about the Twinkies. Heres why:

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times
    Looks like Wallmart may be next! A reporter interviewed a union rep at the strike in Landover , MD. My impression of the union rep. BIMBO! Frank

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STILL LIFE-0003 wolf.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	325.1 KB 
ID:	704093

Jul 2012
    119 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Instead of today's Union Name. How about we substitute the word "Terrorist?"

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29823 times
    Some have forgotten if it were not for "unions" we would still be working 60+ hours a week for 40 hours pay, unsafe working conditions, no vacation, no holidays, no sick time, no insurance, and very low pay....... Just like everything else, there is good and bad, but the good has far outweighed the bad over the years.......
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8659 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Some have forgotten if it were not for "unions" we would still be working 60+ hours a week for 40 hours pay, unsafe working conditions, no vacation, no holidays, no sick time, no insurance, and very low pay....... Just like everything else, there is good and bad, but the good has far outweighed the bad over the years.......
    True. But for many the same is true with drugs, food processing, you name it, they only seek out the bad in everything. Truth is, Americans are living longer and healthier then ever before. Plages have been nuetralized, etc., etc., etc.
    Last edited by bigscoop; Nov 24, 2012 at 01:21 PM.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    May 2008
    Oklahoma
    Ace 250
    943 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Twinkies are a want not a need. People have to remember that if you work for a company then makes wants, they have a better chance of getting laid off then those who work for a company that produces Needs. $29 an hour to work where everything is done by machine and yet they were still not happy. Can't have your twinkie and eat it to.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times
    It all boiles down to "POWER IS CORRUPTING". It makes no difference if it is upper management of the company or the union. They always want more. Look at it this way, if you had a good salary, paid retirement, medical coverage, only a fool would ask for more. At this point the union pushes the members to get more to justify there,(the unions) existence.

I worked for a top ten corp for 32 years. I was in field engineering and not union.The corp paid top salaries based on merit review, Matching retirement funding + profit sharing, stock options, 4 weeks vacation, medical and dental, and a company car. The factory decided to go union and wound up driving manufacturing overseas. It was the best corp in the world to work for until the union pushed in. Frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCOTLAND-IRELAND 001_edited-2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	423.7 KB 
ID:	704640  

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8659 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Twinkies are a want not a need. People have to remember that if you work for a company then makes wants, they have a better chance of getting laid off then those who work for a company that produces Needs. $29 an hour to work where everything is done by machine and yet they were still not happy. Can't have your twinkie and eat it to.
    Operate the machine. Repair the machine. Maintain the machine. Supply the machine. Program the machine. Troubleshoot the machine. Handle the product, etc., etc., etc. It's not "all" done by the machine. Far from it. I spent better then 30 years installing and troubleshooting industrial machines and automation systems.....trust me on this.....it is all very costly and it requires many "trained and skilled" people to keep them running up to snuff 24/7.

us

Jun 2010
    8659 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankn View Post
    It all boiles down to "POWER IS CORRUPTING". It makes no difference if it is upper management of the company or the union. They always want more. Look at it this way, if you had a good salary, paid retirement, medical coverage, only a fool would ask for more. At this point the union pushes the members to get more to justify there,(the unions) existence.

I worked for a top ten corp for 32 years. I was in field engineering and not union.The corp paid top salaries based on merit review, Matching retirement funding + profit sharing, stock options, 4 weeks vacation, medical and dental, and a company car. The factory decided to go union and wound up driving manufacturing overseas. It was the best corp in the world to work for until the union pushed in. Frank
    Says the salaried guy. My dad and I were both in the same GM plant at the same time, he was management, I was skilled union.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links