RELAX about the Twinkies. Heres why:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It all boiles down to "POWER IS CORRUPTING". It makes no difference if it is upper management of the company or the union. They always want more. Look at it this way, if you had a good salary, paid retirement, medical coverage, only a fool would ask for more. At this point the union pushes the members to get more to justify there,(the unions) existence.

I worked for a top ten corp for 32 years. I was in field engineering and not union.The corp paid top salaries based on merit review, Matching retirement funding + profit sharing, stock options, 4 weeks vacation, medical and dental, and a company car. The factory decided to go union and wound up driving manufacturing overseas. It was the best corp in the world to work for until the union pushed in. Frank

Attachments

• SCOTLAND-IRELAND 001_edited-2.jpg
    SCOTLAND-IRELAND 001_edited-2.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 63

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twinkies are a want not a need. People have to remember that if you work for a company then makes wants, they have a better chance of getting laid off then those who work for a company that produces Needs. $29 an hour to work where everything is done by machine and yet they were still not happy. Can't have your twinkie and eat it to.

Operate the machine. Repair the machine. Maintain the machine. Supply the machine. Program the machine. Troubleshoot the machine. Handle the product, etc., etc., etc. It's not "all" done by the machine. Far from it. I spent better then 30 years installing and troubleshooting industrial machines and automation systems.....trust me on this.....it is all very costly and it requires many "trained and skilled" people to keep them running up to snuff 24/7.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all boiles down to "POWER IS CORRUPTING". It makes no difference if it is upper management of the company or the union. They always want more. Look at it this way, if you had a good salary, paid retirement, medical coverage, only a fool would ask for more. At this point the union pushes the members to get more to justify there,(the unions) existence.

I worked for a top ten corp for 32 years. I was in field engineering and not union.The corp paid top salaries based on merit review, Matching retirement funding + profit sharing, stock options, 4 weeks vacation, medical and dental, and a company car. The factory decided to go union and wound up driving manufacturing overseas. It was the best corp in the world to work for until the union pushed in. Frank

Says the salaried guy. :laughing7: My dad and I were both in the same GM plant at the same time, he was management, I was skilled union. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread