jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're not the first but Verizon is the latest company to file for a patent on a DVR that will include a camera and microphone to monitor your living room, allowing for more targeted commercials.
Read the Full Patent Application Here: appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser

Microsoft and Comcast have also filed for similar patents on devices perform the same function in different ways. They have been met with skepticism due to potential privacy issues.
Verizon's new set top box is a different than those ideas previously introduced. The idea is to see if a couple is snuggling or if there is a pet in the room to send specific ads. A married couple arguing about finances would see different ads than two roommates Really?! New DVR Would Watch You Watching TV

Personally I'd duct tape everywhere on the DVR except where the sensor to change channels is.
& complain about their cable Prices continuosly. or Maybe Mount the DVR on my Cammode

& wait for the 'roid commercials

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
So do the xbox 3 and sony playstation 3 have cameras in them as well as the cable boxes.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need for duct tape. Just point the receiver toward the back wall, the change channels and voice control will bounce the signal off the wall and control your set. Try it. It works.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No different then the camera on you computer, and they can turn on your cell phone. If you thought that picture in the white house when Ben laden was snuffed (The one when Hillery had a gag reflex ) You can imagine what they would be seeing:dontknow: Bet Bill will not be ordering one of these:laughing7:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
No need for duct tape. Just point the receiver toward the back wall, the change channels and voice control will bounce the signal off the wall and control your set. Try it. It works.

I dont have cable tv,just internet.I dont watch tv.I rent any movies or get them off the internet that i want to watch:laughing7:It solves the whole problem.

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm having a hard time understanding how this is even legal? It just sounds creepy as hell!! I don't even agree with labtops having cameras with no covers on the lenses.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You have to read the fine print in the contract BEFORE you click agree. Frank P.S. Put tape over the lens, the same as the tape over the check engine lite on your old car. lol

Attachments

• 111-2 de Vinci.jpg
    111-2 de Vinci.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 93

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions