davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Officials in the Oregon Tillamook School district report finding a loaded handgun on the floor of the movie theater 125 students were taken to to see the Hobbit. Officers said that apparently a patron had left his gun at the theater after watching a movie. (great deduction there sherlocks). Police also said he does have a concealed carry permit.

Quechun; should his gun be taken away from him never to return? Should he lose his concealed carry permit forever?

Or should he be given the gun back and told, "Don't do that again"??

I'm just wondrin how you would view this.

generic username

Jul 7, 2008
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
ctx3030, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
i am a pro gun person... just putting that out there.

but if he was careless enough to leave behind his concealed carry gun, i believe it should be %100 in police custody and auctioned off. and the mans carry permit should be revoked and unable for him to reobtain due to carelessly leaving it behind (i realize things fall out of pockets and whatnot, but a gun owner should be aware of where his gun is at all times).

im not for new and more aggressive gun laws and such, but something as simple as this just adds to the dorks out there who dont want people to have guns raging fire to have the govt do something about guns.

the way i see it is if guns were to be banned, criminals would still be able to obtain them. off topic, but look at the drug situation... they are illegal, but yet still easy to obtain.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
He did go back to the movie theater but it was closed. He should have then called the police; he didn't. The police could have made arrangements that night to enter the theater and, perhaps, find the weapon before the kid did. The owner is negligent, for sure; criminally, I don't know. Stupid, without a doubt.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
A CCW requires a higher standard of responsibility than simple firearm ownership . That 'Mall Ninja' displayed exactly the kind of irresponsible behavior that gun banners love to make an issue of .
> I would like to see his CCW REVOKED for life . I would not deny his right to own firearms .
> As Ron White has stated : you can't fix STUPID .

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
How in the world can you not know your concealed weapon has fallen out? Frank

hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
How in the world can you not know your concealed weapon has fallen out?

Idiots are like that,he shouldnt have had one in the first place.Probably had connections someplace and bypassed every requirement.On par with the people who leave cell phones on restaurant tables and leave their coats or jackets there too.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
How in the world can you not know your concealed weapon has fallen out? Frank

View attachment 715565

At a guess i'd say he was carrying in a holster that clips onto the belt at the back and is uncomfortable to have sticking in your back when sat in theatre seats, so he took it off and put it under his seat for the duration....then forgot it!
Stupid and irresponsible, but then didn't i read on here somewhere that concealed carry isn't allowed in theatres, malls, schools etc? In which case his licence should be revoked anyhow.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Won't be happening in my family . 4 adults and two grandkids went to dinner and a movie Thursday night . 4 ADULTs carrying . We all got home with what we left with and without incident .

Yea, and I gave you that crappy movie for free too... :laughing9: You know trucking, if whatever other movie you may have gone to was bad, you guys could have always started a firefight :tongue3:

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He did go back to the movie theater but it was closed. He should have then called the police; he didn't. The police could have made arrangements that night to enter the theater and, perhaps, find the weapon before the kid did. The owner is negligent, for sure; criminally, I don't know. Stupid, without a doubt.

So they "cleaned/swept" the theater that night but didn't find the gun? Odd... Most of those guys are young and looking in every nook and cranny for leftovers and dropped items like money and weed... Seems strange.

Perhaps they'll start cleaning a little better now

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WIT, oh lord, no way..

Could you imagine that being in the hands of some pimply kid matron, who may want to deal out some payback :BangHead:

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spart, in this case it seems like its a toss up of who's hand I'd rather have the gun in.. All equally irresponsible

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Yea, and I gave you that crappy movie for free too... :laughing9: You know trucking, if whatever other movie you may have gone to was bad, you guys could have always started a firefight :tongue3:
I got outvoted on the movie choice and they all had buyer's remorse when it was over .
It's not our way to start firefights .................. We finish them :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread