Folks, Some Winston Churchill quotes for you to ponder.....

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Hmm no replies. Bill, one thing you learn here at Tnet is that quotes from anyone who didn't sign the declaration of independence, was a US president, or at the very least a US citizen....just doesn't count in the history of the world! :)

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Dano,hope you had a merry christmas:occasion14:

Ive read quite a bit of world history,but my main concentration is early american history because im here and my family lived it.The only thing you can count on when dealing with history is that it repeats its self.Those that understand that can see it and be ready for it,those that ignore it and dont heed it,well,theyre doomed.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Hmm no replies. Bill, one thing you learn here at Tnet is that quotes from anyone who didn't sign the declaration of independence, was a US president, or at the very least a US citizen....just doesn't count in the history of the world! :)
I beg to differ with you , sir . I have always been an admirer of the wit and wisdom of Sir Winston .

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good ole Churchill, ol' buddy, ol' pal o' mine :tongue3: I've often wondered if John Cleese isn't somehow from his loins :laughing7:

Hey Dano, I still have a letter signed from Churchill to one of my cousins, is his autograph worth much :dontknow:

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dano,

I think his ability to quickly size up a situation and come out witty response was probably unmatched...

I had read somewhere or other that during the war he maintained a very heavy correspondence with various world leaders...and to relax he would draw a hot bath....pull the curtain and 2 stenos would rotate taking short hand when one of their notepads was full she go off and type up the letters while the other one relieved her and vice versa.

And I would imagine this correspondence covered some pretty complex issues.

Regards + HH

Bill

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
@RJC - Was a quiet xmas mate. Hope yours was a good one. :)

@Sparty - Do i look like a bloody antiques dealer??? Stick it on Ebay and see. lol.

@Truckinbutch - Good man! ;)

@ Bill - I was going to rearrange your bathtime statement to "basement" level, but not ready for another petty ban yet lol! But yeah, he was certainly sharp as a razor, which i've always found odd when looking at him. Just doesn't seem the type.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
@RJC - Was a quiet xmas mate. Hope yours was a good one.

Good to hear it Dano.Actually i dont mind ole winnie,he had guts and i admire that.I have an old newspaper tin negative of him and Roosevelt,I guess it was during the meeting of the big three.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill,

Here is an interesting thought for you...Abe Lincoln and Winston Churchill were both considered to be high functioning Bipolar Type II.

Crispin

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin, I don't know about that, but I do know it is believed Lincoln may have just been bi :laughing7:

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

I read that somewhere or other along with Canada's first prime Minister......John A MacDonald for some reason it seems to pop up quite often with very successful people.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill,

Here is an interesting thought for you...Abe Lincoln and Winston Churchill were both considered to be high functioning Bipolar Type II.

Crispin

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop trying to look for or to start an arguement. I am also a fan of Churchhill...

@ Bill - I was going to rearrange your bathtime statement to "basement" level, but not ready for another petty ban yet lol! .

Dano you earned that ban and you know why......

Last edited:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
Lol, umm yeah ok mate!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
He was a great man, but while he took that bath, he had a double stand out on the porch. Frank cheerio-1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread