New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Montana Lawmaker Moves to Protect Second Amendment

Infowars.com
January 4, 2012

A Montana lawmaker is proposing amendments to the Constitution to nullify the effects of laws in the works to outlaw firearms.

Rep. Jerry O’Neil, a Republican from Columbia Falls, has vowed to work with the Montana state legislature to adopt amendments protecting the Second Amendment and national sovereignty.

O’Neill is concerned about gun laws – including possible confiscation of all semi-automatic firearms in the country – currently being drafted by California Democrat Sen. Dianne Feinstein. If Feinstein’s draconian assault on the Second Amendment is successful, O’Neill warns, gun manufacturers in the Flathead Valley region of Montana will be at risk.

The Congressman believes shutting down thriving firearms manufacturers will violate the Commerce Clause.

He wants to replace the word “among” with “between” in Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution. If adopted, the passage will read: “Congress shall have power … to regulate commerce with foreign nations, and interstate commerce between the several states, and with the Indian tribes.”

“I believe that is the way our founding fathers intended it to be,” he said. “This would put some sideboards on the interstate commerce clause so there is a limit to it.”

Moreover, O’Neill would amend Article 2, Section 2. He would insert the phrase “subject to the Constitution” so the section will read: “The president … shall have the power, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to make treaties, subject to this Constitution, provided two-thirds of the Senators present concur.”

“I’m scared that the Small Arms Treaty that the United Nations is talking about would override the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and I am sure it would infringe on our rights to keep and bear arms,” he said.

While Infowars.com understands Mr. O’Neill’s desire to prevent attacks on the Constitution, we are skeptical of any effort to modify the document. Instead of changing the Constitution, we need to work toward making sure the document is exercised in absolutist fashion.

Reading the Second Amendment and the voluminous writings of the founders, it should be obvious that the right to own firearms was intended to prevent weapon confiscation.

On September 1, 1774, the Royal Governor of Massachusetts, General Thomas Gage, dispatched Redcoats to seize hundreds of barrels of powder from the Charlestown powder house. The provocative event became known as the “Powder Alarm.”

“By the end of the day, 20,000 militiamen had mobilized and started marching towards Boston. In Connecticut and Western Massachusetts, rumors quickly spread that the Powder Alarm had actually involved fighting in the streets of Boston. More accurate reports reached the militia companies before that militia reached Boston, and so the war did not begin in September. The message, though, was unmistakable: If the British used violence to seize arms or powder, the Americans would treat that violent seizure as an act of war, and would fight. And that is exactly what happened several months later, on April 19, 1775,” writes constitutional law professor David B. Kopel.

Unfortunately, millions of Americans today do not consider seizure of their weapons an act of treason demanding a reaction similar to that of their forefathers. Thanks to decades of unrelenting propaganda and public education, many of Americans consider firearms anathema and have no problem violating the letter and spirit on the Constitution.

Feinstein’s attack is also aimed at America’s gun culture that was forged at the founding of the nation. “I hope and trust that in the next session of Congress there will be sustained and thoughtful debate about America’s gun culture and our responsibility to prevent more loss of life,” Feinstein said in the wake of the Sandy Hook murders.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We need more law makers like him, however changing the constitution in any way is always a very scary road to go down as it opens lots of doors sometimes better left closed. thanks for posting this Red!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the NEW US Congress, DON'T KNOW... I "see" it heading to the US SUPREME COURT.

Supreme Court has already ruled all citizens have a right to arms per 2nd Amendment in 2010....

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Even though the court ruled in our favor in 2010, I am sure Obama and the likes of Feinstein are considering all options, like some executive order or something. Would not be the first time he has overstepped his bounds. TH I hope that wasn't to political.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No its not too political as it pertains to the 2nd and no attacks were posted, at least the organized groups fighting for the 2nd can point to it in their arguements.... Every bit helps....

I joined the SAF (Second Amendment Foundation) that Red posted in a different thread and made a donation as well................

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We as a Nation need to stand up to the Government; When they start messing with the Constitution
And the Bill of Rights, They are messing with our way of Life, Just as happened during the Powder
Alarm we need to show the Gov. that we will not allow this to take place!!!................

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
We as a Nation need to stand up to the Government; When they start messing with the Constitution
And the Bill of Rights, They are messing with our way of Life, Just as happened during the Powder
Alarm we need to show the Gov. that we will not allow this to take place!!!................

You HAVE...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread