Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know celebrating 4th of July and New Years is great but anyone who would point a firearm up and fire rounds in the air needs to have their heads examined with a baseball bat! Any fool knows what goes up must come down!!! Laws of gravity tells us this!!!! If one wants to make noise with a gun, use freaken blanks instead!!!!!!! Better yet, DON'T USE ANY FIREARM AT ALL!!!!

Truely sad that someone innocent got caught up in this irresponsible act of stupidity!! Just another news info the graberment can use to try and outlaw guns!!!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Several years ago. here in San Antonio, somebody was shooting bottle rockets, one hit a little girl in the head and she died instantly. So it doesn't have to be a gun. I could care less whether we have more gun control laws or not, but it's hard to believe that somebody, in this day and age, still fires guns into the air. Of course, I think I read about a wedding in another part of the world where the guests shot guns into the air and a bullet returning to earth struck and killed the groom.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know celebrating 4th of July and New Years is great but anyone who would point a firearm up and fire rounds in the air needs to have their heads examined with a baseball bat! Any fool knows what goes up must come down!!! Laws of gravity tells us this!!!! If one wants to make noise with a gun, use freaken blanks instead!!!!!!! Better yet, DON'T USE ANY FIREARM AT ALL!!!!

Truely sad that someone innocent got caught up in this irresponsible act of stupidity!! Just another news info the graberment can use to try and outlaw guns!!!

Ya know there were 2 others this year . a 7 year old too

7-year-old girl hit by stray bullet dies | Inquirer News

& a house in York PA Police: New Year's Eve bullet crashes through ceiling, lands on residents' bed - York Dispatch

I always worried this could happen.
Either I missed accidents like this before, Or it's just been a bad year
for celebrating

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several years ago. here in San Antonio, somebody was shooting bottle rockets, one hit a little girl in the head and she died instantly. So it doesn't have to be a gun. I could care less whether we have more gun control laws or not, but it's hard to believe that somebody, in this day and age, still fires guns into the air. Of course, I think I read about a wedding in another part of the world where the guests shot guns into the air and a bullet returning to earth struck and killed the groom.

They do it here, But anyone who walks out their back door can point towards woods,
& Shoot up.
where worse case scenario it drops & you take down an animal & something else gets the meal.

As for Fireworks, I was watching a celebration in Poland on Cam,
they had narrow streets and tons of people, yet all along the street
they were walking around setting off Fireworks & nobody seemed to mind.

They would Declaire war on PA If we did that.

Untitledsss.jpg

Last edited:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is truly trajic.. I am a firearm owner and a strong advocate for the 2nd ammendmant.. Unfortunatley when you buy a gun common sense is not included in the transaction.. This is a sad fact that with the good you get the bad.. As a gun owner I always feel so sorry for people affected by a violent act involving a firearm even if that act is an act of sheer stupidity.. Guns don't hurt people.. Peoples irresponsibility and poor actions hurt people.. Sorry to all who are involved and affected by this horrible trajedy.. To the shooter you are the perfect example of somebody who should not be allowed to breed let alone own a firearm..

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Read a nearly worse one on TTAG today . Pilot in Florida lowleveling (1200 ft) flaps down at 65 mph ground speed with student pilot/girlfriend to watch New Year's fireworks . Ground fired round penetrated the windshield and grazed the pilot's head . He recovered enough to get the plane landed . Imagine the nightmare of that plane crashing into the crowds below assembled to watch the fireworks .
>You just can't fix stupid .........................

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
This is truly trajic.. I am a firearm owner and a strong advocate for the 2nd ammendmant.. Unfortunatley when you buy a gun common sense is not included in the transaction.. This is a sad fact that with the good you get the bad.. As a gun owner I always feel so sorry for people affected by a violent act involving a firearm even if that act is an act of sheer stupidity.. Guns don't hurt people.. Peoples irresponsibility and poor actions hurt people.. Sorry to all who are involved and affected by this horrible trajedy.. To the shooter you are the perfect example of somebody who should not be allowed to breed let alone own a firearm..

Truly tragic indeed, but i think your last sentence is a little harsh. Guns make a loud bang and it saves on the cost of fireworks and some people shoot them off in celebrations. Bad gun management i'll agree, but you obviously get away with it over there......9 times out of 10.
In this case what i'd like to see is:
Anyone who fired a gun on new years eve in the area this little girl was killed, KNOWS he/she fired, and should willingly go to the police station and admit it, taking the gun used for any ballistic matching. If it turns out to be their gun that fired the killing bullet, then take any punishment that follows! (Which i don't think would be too harsh in a case like this one.)
Someone, probably more than one, is sat there now wondering if they killed a little girl. The decent and moralistic thing to do is go find out!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually Dano, It was on the News 3 People actually turned themselves in.
but I'm guessing ballistics on those 3 must have proved their innocence in this case
as last I heard still no word.

I wonder if they were find though simply for breaking the law or left off with a warning, since they showed up. I think if they were left off More may be willing to
check in.

an Interview on the Grandparents, sounded like the Grandfaher knew it was an accident & they cut short
his response & into the Grandmothers response wanting the person arrested, & Punished.

I'm actually torn on actual arrests . It was a Stupid Accident, But it was an Accident.

I'm not sure Stupid should be illegal.
Responsible Yes.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread