• Both.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
The value and history are two of the reasons , but it's also the thrill of it too......in my case it's become almost a madness (AT LEAST THATS WHAT MY WIFE CALLS IT)? ;D? H.H.

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
My 7yr old son asks me the same thing. I tell him the same reason he likes to play his Playstation2 and watch cartoons........cause I like it!

Im with hikermike.....its the thrill too. Never know what you are gonna dig up. When I popped that Barber dime out of the hole today, I was grinning like a mule eating briers. ;D

M

mrmark55

Just for the sheer fun of it all!
I agree with the madness......It just gets :P in your blood
and ya cain't let it go..
Mr Mark

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
I like the journey it's taking my mind on. ?Research, learning something new every day from all you yahoos :), the adrenaline of a new idea about where to detect. ?Always something new to think about. ?Not only the historical aspect of the relics we all dig, but also the "what the hell is it" aspects. ?The fact that so many people in so many places can go out and pull up a handful of clad or silver, and this is probably the least likely object that the human race would wish to part with. ?Yet there it is! ?There's gotta be billions in clad alone laying all over this country. ?And just think of all the man made crap layin' out there that so many people choose to throw down every day. ?It's a wonder we haven't affected the earth's magnetic field in a big way....

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
To go to strange new areas, to seek out old silver and gold coins, to go almost where no man has gone before! ;D

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
stoney56 said:
To go to strange new areas, to seek out old silver and gold coins, to go almost where no man has gone before! ;D

Stoney.....You must do well in your research with your pure Vulcan Logic!? ;D

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
The Glory of Victory...the agony of Defeat...

I just love coins. It is really neat to me to imagine who the person was and what they were doing when they lost the coin/item. To imagine so many people or such a long period of time right in this spot...RIGHT here someone 100 years ago lost a dime...neat.

Relics and stuff don't interest me as much... Value? Well, if I found a gold coin worth a few thousand I don't think I could sell it. Just too cool a find to part with.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Okay, why do I detect? Multiple bee stings, rat/dog and unknown critter bites. Poison oak, ivy and sumac. Puncture wounds, oh yeah and a busted up neck (compression C4-C7) that almost killed me. All better now with that new hardware in the neck. Oops, bilateral disc herniation, L4 as well but that was so long ago now. There's just something about crawling into a collapsing cistern at a ongoing construction site and recovering an old boot heel...

Guess I'm just too old and slow to take up BMX biking. Ah but it's Exteme Metal Detecting!

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
Lowbatts said:
Okay, why do I detect?? Multiple bee stings, rat/dog and unknown critter bites.? Poison oak, ivy and sumac.? Puncture wounds, oh yeah and a busted up neck (compression C4-C7) that almost killed me.? All better now with that new hardware in the neck.? Oops, bilateral disc herniation, L4 as well but that was so long ago now.? There's just something about crawling into a collapsing cistern at a ongoing construction site and recovering an old boot heel...

Guess I'm just too old and slow to take up BMX biking.? Ah but it's Exteme Metal Detecting!

LOL...That's what makes you a hero member LB.? Willing to put what's left of your body on the line for some cobblers hardware!!!? Not willing to give up on the extreme MD'ing just because you're old and broken....Bravo, you are my hero!

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
I've thought my finds might add up to help when i retire. The values have gone up in just a couple of years. Even if i get just a percentage, it well be sizable. It's fun and it's all free!

OP
OP
Coin_Saver

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Don't forget Stoney about the Giant planet consuming robotic machine!! its in the original 60s episodes!!! HH CS

navychief1968

Jan 7, 2005
Water Valley, MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
All,

Probably the main reason is because the safe I bought is too big and I haven't even come close to filling it up yet. >:( I also promised my wife a diamond ring (at least one carat). I also have not found a CS beltplate yet.

Chris Reynolds
Chief Petty Officer, USN

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
I metal detect because I like the history more then the money you can get from it! To me it is the challenge...More then that if I can help someone locate something is even better..I would like to do more then that..I also have offered my service for crime scenes in locating evidence for Police.Metal detecting is just fun and I love to do my research on the area I am searching,Mostly now though ,I go detecting for the elusive meteorite, believe me! you find many a rock with the symptoms..Sooner or later you will find the real thing!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
The finds of the few outweigh the finds of the many. Too bad Many.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread