onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate to be a conspiracy nut but is this a test of some weird program? People getting the flu, after the shot, without the shot, claiming some sort of new strain. Just were does a strain come from? Like to know how many people that drink, smoke, eat junk food to excess, get the flu.? Maybe being healthy is the problem.:icon_scratch: Think I'll have some bacon to nite.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I never had a flu shot in my life,I very rarely get sick.I have never been sick enough to have to go to the hospital.The last time i went to the hospital for anything serious is when i was 9,i was hit by a car.since then ive gone for stitches a few times.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flu shots only carries most common flu strains.

In 1979 I had flu shot. 6 weeks later i am working out of town when a friend calls me telling me he will be at airport on a layover, we had not seen each other in 3 years so I went and met him at bar in airport. He had been working in South America.

When we met he had what he thought was a cold. We had drinks and talked about 2 hours.

About 5-6 days later I came down with worse case of flu I had ever had. I went to Dr, he asks if I had been out of country. I ask why he was asking he tells me I don't have a common flu strain, he tells me it is strain of a south american flu and is not included in the flu shots they are giving out.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten flu shots every year for about the last 8 years...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention I have not gotten the flu once since I started getting the flu shot every year....

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Before the "flu season" starts the CDC heads over to Asia and other places and tries to figure out what strains of the flu are likely to be most common and spread that year. There is not just one "Flu" - its like thinking there is just one type of dog, etc. There are hundreds or thousands of "strains" and they constantly mutate and evolve. So in the end its an educated guess / crap shoot whether they pick the right strains or not. But always worth a chance as there is no downside.

Everyone has a story how they never had the flu until they got a flu shot and then they got it. This of course is another urban legend / conspiracy theory. But the anti-vaccine group is another odd fringe that does real damage to society and children in particular. It's like Pakistan which is one of the only countries in the world that still has polio!! because the wackos in the countryside think vaccines are a CIA plot!! It's sick and thousands of innocent children die because of it.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Stockpicker if you lived in Pakistan would you take a vaccine offered by the country that was bombing you with drones and killing many more thousands of innocent men,women and children.It seems to me that that is the sick part.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just a little leary about any ''must needed flu spots'', especially for younger children. How are these kids going to build up any immunity, if they are subject to all these man made serums. In this day and age who can really trust our so called goverment?

Last edited:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
old digger said:
I am just a little leary about any ''must needed flue spots'', especially for younger children. How are these kids going to build up any immunity, if they are subject to all these man made serums. In this day and age who can really trust our so called goverment?

And do you know how many millions of children/people died every year before the advent of vaccinations ?? Things were definitely not better in the good old days. Walk any old cemetery and see the number of dead children.

You don't need to trust the gov but you should trust medical and scientific advancements. It's why our lifespan has grown by decades over the years.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't need to trust the gov but you should trust medical and scientific advancements. It's why our lifespan has grown by decades over the years.

Nah, it's only because we have the internet :tongue3: What's my source :dontknow: The internet :laughing7:

You are correct, without the advent of these drugs, it wouldn't be a pretty picture :thumbsup:

I don't take those shots; germs, viruses, etc., avoid me out of pure respect :headbang:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know spart.......you can only be tough for so many years. I finally gave in this year and got one. The doc even had me get the pnemonia shot. Not sure if I spelled that correctly for you paper-graders out there. I'm trying to say "nee-mo-nee-yah" :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate to be a conspiracy nut but is this a test of some weird program? People getting the flu, after the shot, without the shot, claiming some sort of new strain. Just were does a strain come from? Like to know how many people that drink

, smoke, eat junk food to excess, get the flu.? Maybe being healthy is the problem.:icon_scratch: Think I'll have some bacon to nite.

Tobacco kills the Flu Virus.
it gives the virus lung Cancer & it dies

Alcohol confuses the Flu Virus.
it hasn't figured out how to Drink & spread.

junk food keeps the virus busy.
it sits on the couch watching tv & eating.

the flu virus was created by cnn trying to get people to stay home & watch the news

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I don't know spart.......you can only be tough for so many years. I finally gave in this year and got one. The doc even had me get the pnemonia shot. Not sure if I spelled that correctly for you paper-graders out there. I'm trying to say "nee-mo-nee-yah" :)

Pneumonia - But we know Americans are allergic to the letter "u" :tongue3:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Oh, just eat LOTS of Garlic, pop Echinacea Pills, etc... go HERBAL! Build up your Immune System; avoid ppl like the plagues.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am just a little leary about any ''must needed flue spots'', especially for younger children. How are these kids going to build up any immunity, if they are subject to all these man made serums.
Because the shots cause their immune system to develop antibodies against the diseases...just as if they actually got the disease.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions