This one takes the cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
gun makers are to blame for the wilflul misuse of their product by nuts ? ok by that"twisted" logic --car makers are to blame for making the cars that drunk drivers use to kill folks with , butcher knife makers are to blame for folks going nuts and stabbing folks to death with the knifes they make , baseball bat makers are to blame for folks beating others with the bats they make --where does it end -- everyone who makes a item that "some one " uses to attack another being with will be "liable"-- rather than just say --uh its the person who "misused" the items fault , theirs and rtheirs alone --of course the trial lawyers do not want that --the little man has no cash , there will be no "jackpot" lawsuits then.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
bigscoop, your 2 posts above were some of the most well thought out responses I have seen yet in this "ongoing" debate. He totally schooled all of you. Bravo!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bigscoop, do you REALLY think a gun company can stay in business when they can be sued for anyone mishandling their products? just think how many fake lawsuits there is now, the gun companies with a target on their back will be slammed with made up lawsuits. After they pay out millions and millions of dollars over and over they will be bankrupt. Not to mention what this will do to the price of weapons and ammo.You tell everyone to use their head, well how about using yours? But you really don't have to stop and think as you already know the answer. Jerseyben, do you really think he "schooled" everyone? did you actually consider what everyone else said? Or did you just applaud Bigscoop because he is on your side? Your from Jersey so I assume you can see the strong arm legislation that this is.....

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever there is a tragedy or crisis, the extremists come out in full force from both sides to try and take advantage of the situation. The answer usually lies somewhere in the middle.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The answer is clear don't touch second amendment!
Whenever there is a tragedy or crisis, the extremists come out in full force from both sides to try and take advantage of the situation. The answer usually lies somewhere in the middle.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has it EVER dawned on folks, to teach the proper use of tools, weapons, vehicles, rat poison, ball bearings, etc...... and THEN, if someone CHOOSES to misuse the product, so as to result in murder, BLAME THE PERSON, not the product or manufacturer?

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
none of the guns used at Sandyhook were involved in fast and furious. they were purchased legally, the ammunition was purchased legally, but with a nutcase for a son, the owner of said weapons did not act responsibly and lock them away where the nut case could not get to them.

Not only that, the insurance business is always looking for ways to make more money, I think Scoop hit the nail on the head.

P>S> if you read his posts, he is not advocating taking your guns away, no, not at all. He's just letting you know that in order to be a RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNER, YOU HAVE TO BE AWARE OF WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOUR GUN AT ALL TIMES. Does anyone have a problem with responsibility?

jeez, even I could figure that out.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Davest, I would say most gun owners are very responsible with them. I know I am. Fast and Furious was all about creating a crises to do just what obama is going to do with executive order.
none of the guns used at Sandyhook were involved in fast and furious. they were purchased legally, the ammunition was purchased legally, but with a nutcase for a son, the owner of said weapons did not act responsibly and lock them away where the nut case could not get to them.

Not only that, the insurance business is always looking for ways to make more money, I think Scoop hit the nail on the head.

P>S> if you read his posts, he is not advocating taking your guns away, no, not at all. He's just letting you know that in order to be a RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNER, YOU HAVE TO BE AWARE OF WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOUR GUN AT ALL TIMES. Does anyone have a problem with responsibility?

jeez, even I could figure that out.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using this same mentallity then, I have to propose that, every time a paroled convict commits a crime, ALL of the members of the tree-hugging parole board be charged with the same crime as the con. They can sit in prison and all sing kumbyeya (SP?) together. I bet THAT would reduce the number of criminals put back on the streets and, in doing so, would reduce crime. I suppose there are those out there that don't think that is a correct statement either. Just keep fooling yourself.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Using this same mentallity then, I have to propose that, every time a paroled convict commits a crime, ALL of the members of the tree-hugging parole board be charged with the same crime as the con. They can sit in prison and all sing kumbyeya (SP?) together. I bet THAT would reduce the number of criminals put back on the streets and, in doing so, would reduce crime. I suppose there are those out there that don't think that is a correct statement either. Just keep fooling yourself.
You get that on the ballot and I will vote for it .

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw an interview some time back where they asked a middle-aged, female parole board member what criteria was used to decide whether to parole someone or not. Her reponse was, "It's a hope". I was appalled!! I've posted this before but it's worth repeating. btw, it doesn't matter the age or gender of the PB member, it's just more information for the post.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose, if someone were to commit suicide using meds, the drug company could get sued? People can't really be thinking this is a good idea. I guess the fat lady can sue Mc Donalds 'cause she just can't say no to a cheeseburger? Have them pay for her exercise equipment that she doesn't use either. C'mon!

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I suppose, if someone were to commit suicide using meds, the drug company could get sued? People can't really be thinking this is a good idea. I guess the fat lady can sue Mc Donalds 'cause she just can't say no to a cheeseburger? Have them pay for her exercise equipment that she doesn't use either. C'mon!

You're good to go man,self preservation.Shame this Nation has come to this.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Suicide is a violent act against the living. (not talking about compassionate suicide for the terminally ill)

PackerBacker: You know who can and does get sued for some suicides? The physician. The very person who was trying to help them and save their life. Another way of saying that is the prescriber, or the expert, or the authority. Pharmacies don't get sued, they are the dispensers. Pharma doesn't get sued, they are the manufactors. By this logic the NRA should get sued. They are the expert, they are the authority, they are the prescriber (put a gun in the hands of every teacher.)

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Suicide is a violent act against the living. (not talking about compassionate suicide for the terminally ill)

PackerBacker: You know who can and does get sued for some suicides? The physician. The very person who was trying to help them and save their life. Another way of saying that is the prescriber, or the expert, or the authority. Pharmacies don't get sued, they are the dispensers. Pharma doesn't get sued, they are the manufactors. By this logic the NRA should get sued. They are the expert, they are the authority, they are the prescriber (put a gun in the hands of every teacher.)

I truly hope someday you take the blinders off son.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
nah, life is much easier if I keep my head in the sand and assume I am the only one in the world who knows what is going on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread