Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Crispin, I am a little shocked that you bring all into the brain, would not have studied his works more. No biggie though, really.
Neuronal firing is just a function of a tool. The tool of filters and inhibitions.
If one truly un-inhibits "the brain", where is then, thoughts and consciousness?

What can I say? I do try to expand my mind but it is hard to overcome my neuroscience background. I like what you and Rebel said. I wish I had something more to contribute in that area.

Crispin

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
What can I say? I do try to expand my mind but it is hard to overcome my neuroscience background. I like what you and Rebel said. I wish I had something more to contribute in that area.

Crispin

Well, I DO want to continue to "explore" this MORE.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I guess what I am looking for is the HUMAN BRAIN accessing "mystical experiences" of the THETA kind; DIDN'T need human brain in AFTER-Life experience, back in Nov. 1992 after "Clinical Death" (1992 definition), and 2 1/2 months in "Locked-in-state" coma (1992 definition). I/M C (I/Me Consciousness) was VERY much ALIVE w/o human body/brain, ELSEWHERE! Hmmm... COMA: body/brain is here; I/M C is ELSEWHERE/THERE.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"C" tell me about THETA; what ya know from "Brain Science"... any "Locus of Control"...?

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Similar to Personality Psychology, with the maturation of the brain comes various aspects of developing individual "personalities" of baby, child, teenager, young adult, mature adult, elderly adult. "Aging" brain in THETA...? WHERE in HUMAN, physical brain; do ya know...?

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Similar to Personality Psychology, with the maturation of the brain comes various aspects of developing individual "personalities" of baby, child, teenager, young adult, mature adult, elderly adult. "Aging" brain in THETA...? WHERE in HUMAN, physical brain; do ya know...?

Theta waves is the frequency based on hertz. It can be anywhere in the brain. I think you are talking mostly about in the frontal lobe. The older you get the less time spent in Theta during sleep. Sorry this is not more detailed. I'm just about burned out for the night.

Crispin

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Theta waves is the frequency based on hertz. It can be anywhere in the brain. I think you are talking mostly about in the frontal lobe. The older you get the less time spent in Theta during sleep. Sorry this is not more detailed. I'm just about burned out for the night.

Crispin

I understand... The RAVENS are WINNING! RAH RAH RAH!

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
RAVENS WON! GREAT game, tho; 49er's come-back WAS impressive. THETA; I DO hear a humming BEFORE "Night Classes". Think it IS connected to THETA; I know about the KNOWLEDGE "center" of the frontal lobe in brain. Know a guy that UVA Hospital "pulled the plug" on per mother's request; father disagreed. Young man lived; had frontal lobe removed; WEIRD sight; NO skull/brain above eye brows to mid-skull/brain. Neuro-Docs later put in "plastic" skull cap; then he looked "normal"; PROBABLY mental age of about 3; chrono-age about 27. Father is now deceased, mother is now remarried (location unknown), young man is now in nursing home (location unknown); QUALITY of life QUESTIONABLE. We are in touch with young man's grandmother (father's mother), who wants to find & take care of young man. THIS saga is continuing...
Knew ppl at Woodrow Wilson Rehabilitation Center where I was Senior Peer Counselor (@ 1980-83), with half brains (left or right)... abstract vs concrete communications were very interesting; FORTUNATELY, MY "compromise" was in the BRAIN STEM; long-term memory is decent, short-term memory is questionable (COULD be a "Senior Moment"... dunno), a bit of Aphasia, Dyslexia (love my DOG, tho), "slow" to anger... BUT! When angered... WATCH OUT!

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
CONSCIOUSNESS just IS! Only HUMAN need brain; which is like a receiver in a radio with "computer" like DATA PROCESSING for memories.

Many creatures need brains,basic set up innate, (instinct,senses,procreation of specie,ect.) To be added to for survival/adaptation. Interpretation of stimuli learned
Or pre programed ? If pre programed how can adaptation occur. Thus a need for "thinking/reasoning" brain.:dontknow:

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Many creatures need brains,basic set up innate, (instinct,senses,procreation of specie,ect.) To be added to for survival/adaptation. Interpretation of stimuli learned
Or pre programed ? If pre programed how can adaptation occur. Thus a need for "thinking/reasoning" brain.:dontknow:

CORRECT, in this Realm of Existence; animal have INNATE/INSTINCT "follow the SEASONS" senses; Law of the Jungle RULES! CONSCIOUSNESS is for HUMAN MAN for "thinking/reasoning", worshiping; VERY different from ANIMALS. In "post" above ("post" # 40), focus was on CONSCIOUSNESS.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yet there are animals that grieve. Too,there are those who trust predators (our)hands. (Faith). To grieve is consciousness, and trust is part of religion. They are aware they exist.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
CONSCIOUSNESS just IS! Only HUMAN need brain; which is like a receiver in a radio with "computer" like DATA PROCESSING for memories.

The brain was described as a machine during the industrial revolution, as a switch board at the beginning of the 19th century, now it's a computer. Our brains description seems to follow current technology. Tomorrow it will be something else. Maybe when computers function with viruses they might be closer.
I remember this but don't know how true. The brain has 100 million neurons each capable of connecting with 25000 others giving us the commutative capability of 100 million to the 25 thousandth power. Considering the world we live in I think our brains are overclocked.
The idea you posted, "Consciousness just is." created a problem for me. In philosophy class I made the mistake of saying inanimate things are conscious as they maintain their being. Professor said "You mean like this chair'" I said "Ya" Then he kicked the chair across the room.
I agree with you about "Just is" but I know my professor wouldn't. His world was fairly dead.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The brain is only able to handle about 7 stimuii at any given time, It is a filter (tool). Of all the tens of thousands of stimuli that one perceives, the brain is only able to sort out a small minute portion. How we build our brains, determines the product of that growth. If we build a brains' perceptions, based on fear or anger, we produce a fearful and/or angry person. This type brain will remain "locked" into that fear or anger, as the chemicals it produces as a result of (fear or anger) is highly additive (think drama queen).

On the other hand, if we build a brain based on positive perceptions (Khooba) for all we perceive, we are then looking at a world through the eyes of positive production and understandings. Granted, it may not be all drama filled and anghst inducing, but what it does provide, is a way for man to live and grow in peace and harmoney, with the world around him.
just my $0.02.

eta: anger will cancel out postive perception, but not fear.
fear will cancel out posotive perception, but not anger.
Postive perception will cancel out both fear and anger.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The brain was described as a machine during the industrial revolution, as a switch board at the beginning of the 19th century, now it's a computer. Our brains description seems to follow current technology. Tomorrow it will be something else. Maybe when computers function with viruses they might be closer.
I remember this but don't know how true. The brain has 100 million neurons each capable of connecting with 25000 others giving us the commutative capability of 100 million to the 25 thousandth power. Considering the world we live in I think our brains are overclocked.
The idea you posted, "Consciousness just is." created a problem for me. In philosophy class I made the mistake of saying inanimate things are conscious as they maintain their being. Professor said "You mean like this chair'" I said "Ya" Then he kicked the chair across the room.
I agree with you about "Just is" but I know my professor wouldn't. His world was fairly dead.

YEP!

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
CONSCIOUSNESS grows as the HUMAN BRAIN does. NOT interested in chairs, animals... HUMAN BEING! OUR state of BEing... sort of like a ZEN "thing". CONSCIOUSNESS grows, ESPecially in THETA. "Google" THETA RHYTHM - WIKI.
Gonna go write a song, THETA RHYTHM & BLUES.

Last edited:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The brain is only able to handle about 7 stimuii at any given time, It is a filter (tool). Of all the tens of thousands of stimuli that one perceives, the brain is only able to sort out a small minute portion. How we build our brains, determines the product of that growth. If we build a brains' perceptions, based on fear or anger, we produce a fearful and/or angry person. This type brain will remain "locked" into that fear or anger, as the chemicals it produces as a result of (fear or anger) is highly additive (think drama queen).

On the other hand, if we build a brain based on positive perceptions (Khooba) for all we perceive, we are then looking at a world through the eyes of positive production and understandings. Granted, it may not be all drama filled and anghst inducing, but what it does provide, is a way for man to live and grow in peace and harmoney, with the world around him.
just my $0.02.

eta: anger will cancel out postive perception, but not fear.
fear will cancel out posotive perception, but not anger.
Postive perception will cancel out both fear and anger.

Not arguing, but where did you get the number of stimuli from?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread