Proof: Armed Citizens Make Good Government - Page 13
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Proof: Armed Citizens Make Good Government

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    19469 times
    Those who protested chose how. while i applaud their small gains i am not disillusioned over class structure in this country,study Mississippi's people living in conditions little removed from before protests. They can vote yes. Are they equal and able to rise?. Its not one state by any means,or race. always a culture being stepped on. While a minority has to fight for written rights its methods and efficiency need to be measured against why rights are denied and how denial is enforced. When you are out gunned martyrdom best hope when taking up arms. Not uncommon in this world but also inspiration for peaceful protest/polite disobedience. Ghandi likely read Thoreau,s civil disobedience when he studied his work, did he see hope or futility in what was not popular at the time it was written? Were arms an option? Jim Corbett reported poor quality illegal guns around 1930 when trying to relieve natives of pressure/terror of hundreds being killed by tigers. But again what would they have been up against in an feebly armed protest.

Jun 2007
    13780 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 0121stockpicker View Post
    Well... I remember the "burnings". Detroit, Watts...

us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779.. now in Catlin N.Y.
    Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer Tesoro Tejon, Land or Sea Pointer, Garrett Pointer, King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA Lesche 28" Ground Shark Treasure Wise Diggers
    5440 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    no it would not have been successful if it was violent revolt.. stockpicker what are you gettin at ??
    I`v been detecting for 49 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779.. now in Catlin N.Y.
    Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer Tesoro Tejon, Land or Sea Pointer, Garrett Pointer, King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA Lesche 28" Ground Shark Treasure Wise Diggers
    5440 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    This Thread seem to be Morphing into something strange.... and getting to far off topic.
    I`v been detecting for 49 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

Jun 2007
    13780 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G.A.P.metal View Post
    This Thread seem to be Morphing into something strange.... and getting to far off topic.
    LOL!

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    689 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by G.A.P.metal
    no it would not have been successful if it was violent revolt.. stockpicker what are you gettin at ??
    I'm heavily questioning the assertions being made on this board that guns are needed to gain and protect ones rights. I don't see many examples of when armed us citizens have taken on the US government and created positive change for themselves. I know everyone has the testosterone pumping screaming "pry it from my cold dead hands". But it's just foolish and completely unrealistic. And in the end would accomplish nothing but dead people. Ill let you folks get back to it boo yah !!!

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
    6663 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by 0121stockpicker View Post

I'm heavily questioning the assertions being made on this board that guns are needed to gain and protect ones rights. I don't see many examples of when armed us citizens have taken on the US government and created positive change for themselves. I know everyone has the testosterone pumping screaming "pry it from my cold dead hands". But it's just foolish and completely unrealistic. And in the end would accomplish nothing but dead people. Ill let you folks get back to it boo yah !!!
    The fact there haven't been. Armed uprisings against the govt. Is proof guns have held the govt. In check.....
    Restore Freedom and get us out of the UNITED NATIONS NOW!!!!!!
    NOT a member of the recipient class...
    plp1.org

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    19469 times
    But without an example its not possible. Not very inventive.

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    689 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselram94

The fact there haven't been. Armed uprisings against the govt. Is proof guns have held the govt. In check.....
    The government has certainly not been in check - correct.

The government trampled on the rights of blacks, woman etc for decades and decades. those people got their constitutional rights not by violent uprising but by peaceful revolution.

The south rose up with arms against what it viewed as a tyrannical government, as did the panthers, Waco, etc and they were crushed.

Who else on this board thinks the government has been held in check?? I think you will get a lot of disagreement on that one. Aren't you one of the folks who believe the government is always overstepping its bounds? Or has someone
    Stolen your handle?

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29983 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    POLITICAL discussions pertaining to 2nd Amendment; STILL... POLITICS! PRE-Selected, eh...? BIBLE, OR; "GASP".... G*D...? Don't "look" at me...
    rebel if you don't like the rules on the second Amendment you're more than welcome to contact the admins and voice your complaint, it was the admins decision to allow Second Amendment posts.

Mods are following admins directives. Don't challenge them in the forums, you want to challenge them do it via pm to mods or admins.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Jun 2007
    13780 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    rebel if you don't like the rules on the second Amendment you're more than welcome to contact the admins and voice your complaint, it was the admins decision to allow Second Amendment posts.

Mods are following admins directives. Don't challenge them in the forums, you want to challenge them do it via pm to mods or admins.
    NOT challenging you...

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    689 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0121stockpicker

The government has certainly not been in check - correct.

The government trampled on the rights of blacks, woman etc for decades and decades. those people got their constitutional rights not by violent uprising but by peaceful revolution.

The south rose up with arms against what it viewed as a tyrannical government, as did the panthers, Waco, etc and they were crushed.

Who else on this board thinks the government has been held in check?? I think you will get a lot of disagreement on that one. Aren't you one of the folks who believe the government is always overstepping its bounds? Or has someone
    Stolen your handle?
    ---

Jun 2007
    13780 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post

TY; didn't KNOW about "admins decision" as stated above. ("Post" # 190, etc)...
    BTW, can I have a copy of the Admins directive...? (or just "post" it... MAY help...)
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Jan 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM.

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    lol
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    20610 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselram94 View Post
    No violence? I guess this administration didn't get the memo....remember fast and furious?
    Speaking of which. ATF Agent Exposes U.S. Government Gun Running Fast & Furious Gun Control Scam | XRepublic
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links