Virginia Approves Bill To Undermine Obama Gun Control
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Virginia Approves Bill To Undermine Obama Gun Control

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7953 times
    The Truth

Gun owners say legislation doesn’t have any teeth

Steve Watson
    Infowars.com
    Jan 28, 2013

The Virginia House of Delegates approved a bill Friday that would see state agencies and employees forbidden from helping to enforce Federal gun control measures in the state.

The Virginian-Pilot reports that the Militia, Police, and Public Safety Committee of the House approved House Bill 2340, which will now proceed to a vote on the House floor.

The measure’s official summary states that the bill would “Prevent any agency, political subdivision, or employee of Virginia from assisting the Federal government of the United States in any investigation, prosecution, detention, arrest, search, or seizure, under the authority of any federal statute enacted, or Executive Order or regulation issued, after December 31, 2012, infringing the individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms by imposing new restrictions on private ownership or private transfer of firearms, firearm magazines, ammunition, or components thereof.”

Republican state delegate Todd Gilbert told the Pilot that the bill will ensure that “no employee of the commonwealth or any of its political subdivisions should help the federal government tread upon our long-held belief that Second Amendment rights are highly individualized and very important.”

The legislation was introduced by Del. Bob Marshall, R-Prince William County, and was approved by the Republican-controlled Delegates’ Committee by 15-7 votes, following a short debate.

“This is really an assault on second amendment rights and it has nothing to do with gun safety,” Marshall said in regards to the federal legislation.

Another measure introduced by Marshall, now under review, would also allow teachers or others to be trained and carry a concealed weapon in public schools. Under current law schools in the state are currently designated gun free zones.

Though gun owners see these moves as positive, some have warned that the legislation is merely posturing and does not constitute any real opposition to the federal gun control proposals.

“If we don’t put some teeth into it, it’ll be useless,” Mike McHugh of the Virginia Gun Owners Coalition told the committee. “I think we’re coming to a point in this country where the states are going to have to finally decide – and I hope it doesn’t end up like years ago – that we’re going to have to face down Barack Obama’s federal plantation.”

The bill also does not include any mention of what punishments would be handed out to any state or local employees who did enforce federal measures.

Obama is pushing for universal background checks for all private gun sales, as well as the reinstatement of the assault weapons ban. However, the measures are expected to be defeated in the U.S. Senate.

The president outlined 23 gun control executive orders earlier this month.

Virginia is one of the states that has seen an exponential surge in gun sales following the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre and the resulting Obama push for draconian gun control laws.

In the days immediately following the Newtown shooting, gun dealers requested nearly 5,150 background checks on purchasers in Virginia. That figure amounted to the largest number ever in a single day, according to Virginia State Police.

Since that time, the number of background checks requested per day has frequently been double 2012 figures.

Virginia law allows anyone who is 18+ to carry a firearm openly. Anyone over 21 can apply for a concealed carry permit.

Several other states including Wyoming, Texas, Mississippi, and Tennessee have already introduced legislation to make it illegal for local and state police to enforce federal gun control measures.

us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    T2 SE
    2192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James cash View Post
    Several other states including Wyoming, Texas, Mississippi, and Tennessee have already introduced legislation to make it illegal for local and state police to enforce federal gun control measures.
    Corect me if I'm wrong but doesn't Federal law override State law?
    "Internet quotes are often inaccurate."
    -Abraham Lincoln

us
    Voice of Reason?

Nov 2012
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    908 times
    Guns kill people, and people kill people. We can only hope to control both.
    Nullification was resolved about 175 years ago. It seems interesting to me that many of the places that want to use Pre-civil war discredited legal maneuvers are in fact those states that were in Rebellion...

us
    Oct 2010
    eastern wa
    minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
    665 times
    Many people around the country are fed up with the feds.Including politicians.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    19926 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyben View Post
    Corect me if I'm wrong but doesn't Federal law override State law?

Same thing will happen as the States that voted in Marijuana Legal,the Feds will try something to stop it,only thing is pot ain't lead,what do you think the outcome will be?
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

When we come into the world we take on the identity of those who are more powerful than us.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29609 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Law had to be constitutional or it is not a law......Senator Rand Paul is introducing legislation in Senate to repeal any executive orders king obama tries to use to bypass congress on gun control.....
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Jun 2007
    13728 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Law had to be constitutional or it is not a law......Senator Rand Paul is introducing legislation in Senate to repeal any executive orders king obama tries to use to bypass congress on gun control.....
    King Obama...?

us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    T2 SE
    2192 times
    Laws cannot simply be ignored. One cannot choose to simply "not recognize a law" just because one doesn't agree with it.

King Obama? He is our President. USA doesn't have kings, queens, or other royalty.
    "Internet quotes are often inaccurate."
    -Abraham Lincoln

us
    Voice of Reason?

Nov 2012
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    908 times
    Does that give them the right to break the law? Pass laws that are illegal on their face? Waste the time and money of the taxpayers of their state and the nation? Stupid is as stupid does?
    Quote Originally Posted by bevo View Post
    Many people around the country are fed up with the feds.Including politicians.

us
    Voice of Reason?

Nov 2012
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    908 times
    Uh, Exactly what do you think these executive orders were? What do you think they did? Please answer honestly and do not go out searching to find out now what they were...

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29609 times
    Jersey, a law that violates constitution is invalid and not a legal law from the day it is passed... I can refused to follow any law that violates the constitution. I have no problem hiring an attorney.

I swore oath to defend the constitution from all enemies foreign AND domestic long before you were born, that oath is valid till the day i die no matter what king charles obama says...

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7953 times
    The Truth
    King Obama? He is our President. USA doesn't have kings, queens, or other royalty.
    Your right,Der Fuhrer,fits so much better.Thats one of your problems jersey,youre following a corrupt socalled man, not the constitution.Now does a real American follow a man or follow the law of the land which is the constitution?

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    688 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter
    Jersey, a law that violates constitution is invalid and not a legal law from the day it is passed... I can refused to follow any law that violates the constitution. I have no problem hiring an attorney.

I swore oath to defend the constitution from all enemies foreign AND domestic long before you were born, that oath is valid till the day i die no matter what king charles obama says...
    That is incorrect. When the proper court determines that a legislative act (a law) conflicts with the constitution, it finds that law unconstitutional and declares it void in whole or in part. This is called judicial review. The portion of the law that is declared void is considered to be struck down, or the entire statute is considered to be struck from the statute books. Best

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    29609 times
    My attorney will handle that, i will not recognize a law that violates the constitution....

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    688 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter
    My attorney will handle that, i will not recognize a law that violates the constitution....
    Than I guess using that logic you would recognize yourself as a violator of the constitution as you would be violating the constitution by not recognizing the constitutional law process proscribe by the constitution. I guess it's just up to you to determine what is and what isn't constitutional - isn't that what you accuse Obama of doing?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links