Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
"I am referencing it to explain the differences between you and I."

Lordy. If you don't know one whit about me, how can you even know what the differences are? Your perception of such differences as they may be are a meaningless concept to me, as is the law you mentioned. Why is it a law? Because some "intellectuals" buy into it? Is there any disagreement from other intellectuals?

The really big problem here is that as you sit and read this you are trying to look at my picture while you read my words and come to some conclusions about what I write. Any such assumptions must be wrong because you do not know the tone in which I write. Am I banging the table with my fist? Am I laughing out loud? Am I half lit up on some good fifteen year old single malt? Do I farm your missives out to one of my friends to answer? The truth here is that I sit and sort of shake my head in a bemused and dismissive way.

The same goes both ways. I know very little of you. My first impressions was from your dog's picture. I think you are some kind of psychologist or psychiatrist. I have preconseptions about those fields that may or may not be valid. You seem to be a talker, or, as said eariler, a sophist. I, on the other hand, am a doer. Talk is easy and cheap, but it does not put beans on the table. After my last post I went out and chopped some wood for a fire tonight. Good exercise. You said statistics can be twisted. This tells me you are not much at math. You don't trust numbers. I would respond that words too can be twisted.

My measure of a person is what they do, what they accomplish. Not knowing exactly what you do I can only guess that you use words to try and help people who have some sort of mental problem. Me, I help people in a different way. I was never a professor. I am a teacher, or like to think I am. But I learned what I teach the hard way. Yes, I am college educated. College taught me some new words and concepts, few of which turned out to be relevant in the real world. Yes, I have taught in college. But always in an adjunct role. I have run businesses, hired, fired, promoted and taught many people a craft. I am by nature a numbers person, but I do love words. My best fights were always with lawyers. I loved to beat them down. For example, so few people really understand the difference between "I'm sorry," and "I apologize". "I am sorry your cat is dead. I apologize for running over it." So yes, while I am a numbers person, I can use words too. They can be fun to play with.

"More: I am so much more for knowing you, but less, by far, for not knowing you, more." Words can be fun. I wrote that to a girl I was sweet on many years ago. She wanted to know how much I earned. Smart girl!

I have people ask me sometimes, "Why don't you like me?" They never understand the answer. Respect is far more important to me. You can only lie to me once. You can only steal once. You can only be a bully once.

So, I don't need any intellectual word game explanations from you or anyone else. I've heard all the psycho-babble. I know Maslowe and most of the others. I've read Kant, Durant, Stiglitz, Laffer and a few others. I've also read Heinlein, a truly great philospher.

So the final question is, do I like or dislike you? As I don't know you, except through this site, I have no idea. I doubt we will ever find out. Could you ever like me? Who knows? Who cares?

Remember this, "It is what it is." Deal with it and move on. Next?

"Methinks, the lady doth protest too much." -- Hamlet

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I've just figured out what is going on here. Thank you for the compliment.

As I have been abstaining from the 2nd amendment threads people have become bored with agreeing with each other and have advanced out into other threads where they can find people to disagree with, lol! Very well, I will go back to the 2nd amendment threads tonight to entertain those who need it.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the best think about Griz's post is that I learned 2 new words today :headbang:

Sorry and Apologize were never in my vocabulary, no need for them :tongue3:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Just make sure you wear a kevlar vest and plenty of big ammo clips.....also make sure you get them before supplies run out.....lol......should be a fun evening.....kind of reminds me of storm chasing.

Regards + HH

Bill

I've just figured out what is going on here. Thank you for the compliment.

As I have been abstaining from the 2nd amendment threads people have become bored with agreeing with each other and have advanced out into other threads where they can find people to disagree with, lol! Very well, I will go back to the 2nd amendment threads tonight to entertain those who need it.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Oh, you were so close and yet so far :laughing7:

You have part of it right, but I'll spell it out for ya. When I debate, I'll not only sway the audience, but my opponent as well, and once everyone sees my point of view, I'll change it and sway them again. Why? Because I can :tongue3:

Kind of a high and mighty opinion of yourself Spart, don't you think? I can assure you you will never sway anyone being cocky........

I do hope this was posted as a joke.....

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I wouldn't be touting about a low opinion of myself :laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
diesel,

You and Spart have to get this sorted out.....ok I know we've got JLO and Spart figures he's HILO and you're saying he's LOHI....you two dudes sort it out and post the proper answer....enough of this wishy washy stuff....you're both getting me confused....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Kind of a high and mighty opinion of yourself Spart, don't you think? I can assure you you will never sway anyone being cocky........

I do hope this was posted as a joke.....

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bill, I think you sorted it all out already. The real challenge will be the song you pick for us. LOL!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread