Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uhhhmm ,, I like real coffee too? Sister? aack! Where did that come from. Not MY sister! Did I already do the bill the cat thing?

Not appetizing.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
No decaf for me,its like drinking alcohol free whiskey(if there was such a thing).No sense in it.

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2: I drink 2 pots a day . ( shift worker ) I'd never make it through a double on Decaf .....

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grew up with cowboy coffee. pot, water, grounds. Very stiff, slightly gritty. Crunchy coffee was the norm. Like relevent says , on an open fire.

But I used to have a cast Iron stomach too. Now I just want a few relatively strong cups. I am such a wimp now a days.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have cheated,especially during power outages and throw a couple "emergency"filter pacs in the boiler. after trying to sift grounds through teeth from getting one last cup out it can get to the gut around the third pot of the day. :icon_shaking2:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't even talk to me until I got my first pot of the day in me!
What was that bill cat crack there dave44? LOL! :laughing7:
Oh well, I'm off to make some expresso in my french press now....... rawr :cat:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Folks,

Since tcim isn't around anymore thought I'd post this up as it would be right up his alley....

Don't know about the rest of you folks.....but in the morning I appreciate a shot or two of real java.....decaf just doesn't cut it.....kind of like kissing your sister.

What say you????

Regards + HH

Bill

Wait, what happened to tcim?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Since tcim isn't around anymore thought I'd post this up as it would be right up his alley....

Don't know about the rest of you folks.....but in the morning I appreciate a shot or two of real java.....decaf just doesn't cut it.....kind of like kissing your sister.

What say you????

Regards + HH

Bill

I've been "kissing my sister," since last May when I had five stents placed in my coronary arteries, and was put on medication that doesn't play well with caffine. As a pot of coffee a day drinker prior to my "cardiac event," I am still pretty bummed out. De-caff is, well, de-caff. :coffee2:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
True Story:

When I was studying for step I of the boards I was drinking 2-3 pots a day easy. My schedule was study 16 hours, sleep 8. Did this for four weeks straight. Half way through the coffee started to taste like battery acid. I chewed the beans and put them under my lip like chewing tobacco to absorb the caffeine. Madness! I went through ridiculous caffeine withdrawal after the boards...had to be done, no regrets.

Crispin

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been "kissing my sister," since last May when I had five stents placed in my coronary arteries, and was put on medication that doesn't play well with caffine. As a pot of coffee a day drinker prior to my "cardiac event," I am still pretty bummed out. De-caff is, well, de-caff. :coffee2:

Terry think those stints could of come from the donuts (Just kidding)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
True Story:

When I was studying for step I of the boards I was drinking 2-3 pots a day easy. My schedule was study 16 hours, sleep 8. Did this for four weeks straight. Half way through the coffee started to taste like battery acid. I chewed the beans and put them under my lip like chewing tobacco to absorb the caffeine. Madness! I went through ridiculous caffeine withdrawal after the boards...had to be done, no regrets.

Crispin

HA! My older brother popped NON DOZ pills while HE was a student at UVA; is it THAT bad...?

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a kick out of people at the local speedway having a cup of Decaf and carrying 2 can's of MONSTER or NITRO up to the cash register. Or people who order a Irish coffee with decaf??? anybody try a KOPI LUWAK? It's the cat's A$$

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry,

I should have put a proviso that exempted people on medical grounds.....just thought about it after the fact...

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave,

About 10 or so years ago.....had a very bad infection......they put me on some pretty serious meds which did the trick however.....they beat up my stomach pretty bad.....took awhile but found the solution.....first thing in the morning I eat some yogurt.....plain in my case and a piece of fruit.....it kind of lines the stomach for the day....

Off for my morning walk and stop in at one little cafe or other for coffee, toast whatever....
It did the trick for me.

Regards + HH

Bill

grew up with cowboy coffee. pot, water, grounds. Very stiff, slightly gritty. Crunchy coffee was the norm. Like relevent says , on an open fire.

But I used to have a cast Iron stomach too. Now I just want a few relatively strong cups. I am such a wimp now a days.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave,

About 10 or so years ago.....had a very bad infection......they put me on some pretty serious meds which did the trick however.....they beat up my stomach pretty bad.....took awhile but found the solution.....first thing in the morning I eat some yogurt.....plain in my case and a piece of fruit.....it kind of lines the stomach for the day....

Off for my morning walk and stop in at one little cafe or other for coffee, toast whatever....
It did the trick for me.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill,

Close, yogurt is a probiotic. You are changing your intestinal flora. Very, very helpful for some stomach problems.

Crispin

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GIB,

Good one.....maybe in a twisted sort of way....lol....nobody can afford to get dvorced here....everything you accumulate as a couple gets split.....50/50 so I'd be a pauper....believe the laws in California are similar.

Regards + HH

Bill

Regards + HH

Bill

So up there in Quebec eh... if you divorce your wife, is she still considered your sister?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread