Folks, Growing up is optional.....lol....

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Totally agree Bill. I've watched those I've known getting old before their time. It's like they look for that mold their supposed to be and jump right in.
There is a difference though for me. I've also known "Peter Pans" those that might pass for not growing up when they are just immature and irresponsible.

There is another type. The type that never grows old in their heart. I worked in my Uncles hardware store from age 12. He had an employee, Ralph, that was 83 years old and still had that twinkle in his eye. He as very fit and would pretend to box with me. He still had a spring in his step and at the end of the day he would take the paper slip from the days receipts and add them up in his head to be sure the machine didn't make a mistake. An amazing energy level and could out work people many years younger.
Ralph is still in my head and that's fine with me.
I've got a hunch many people that prospect might be like Ralph too. Just the idea of finding something by hunting for it is the same optimism that a kid has. Always believing. Thanks for reminding me of Ralph.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bill, the only thing I ever act my age about is potty training.......well most days anyways! LOL!!!:laughing7:

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Good to see there's a few others who refuse to act their age.....I try to put a humorous twist on things....doesn't mean we can't have a few chuckles along the way.

Regards + HH

Bill

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Growing old is not an option, it is a genetic program that plays out. At 75, some mornings I awake and can take on the world, but other days, it's like death warmed over. Hay, I can't complain, I still follow that James Dean line, "Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die today." He went out fast! Now as far as growing up mentally, That too can be a genetic limit, or a response to your personal environment. Sometimes growing up is a sudden response to something life has throughn at you like the death of a loved one or a near death experience. Hay, you see all types running around out there. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn,

Yep.....I've lost more friends and family than I can count.....but some how I've managed to move on and try to keep a positive attitude.....I'd like to think that's what they'd want me to do.

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions