squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I worry much, but like everybody else when I do it's usually something that taps into. early childhood trauma.
Just came in from outside after finding my cats (kept in secure area except from snakes,) facing off with what was either a rattlesnake or gopher snake.
It turned out to be young gopher, but before I could reach it, it struck !
Not enough warning time!
Kinda reminds me of the last site we were on!! Lol!:eek:

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diesel,

Another bit of wisdom for you....when I was kid just starting out working 18 or so I was all worked up and stressed out...an elderly coworker called me over and asked what the problem was....I told him I had a whack of work to do and didn't think I'd finish before the end of the day....

He sat me down and poured me a coffee and his response was....keep in mind this was a WW11 veteran...."In 50 years time who's going to give a sh*t"...it kind of put it all in perspective....and all those years later I still remember those wise words.....now if I could only pound some of this simple wisdom in Crispin's head I'd be at peace with the world....lol...

Regards + HH

bill

I have heard of that book, I will check ebay for a copy. Thanks!

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think I worry much, but like everybody else when I do it's usually something that taps into. early childhood trauma.
Just came in from outside after finding my cats (kept in secure area except from snakes,) facing off with what was either a rattlesnake or gopher snake.
It turned out to be young gopher, but before I could reach it, it struck !
Not enough warning time!
Kinda reminds me of the last site we were on!! Lol!:eek:

Preach on Sister! Are you Freudian based? I'm psychodynamic psychotherapist, with humanistic tendencies, and strong CBT influences.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Diesel,

Another bit of wisdom for you....when I was kid just starting out working 18 or so I was all worked up and stressed out...an elderly coworker called me over and asked what the problem was....I told him I had a whack of work to do and didn't think I'd finish before the end of the day....

He sat me down and poured me a coffee and his response was....keep in mind this was a WW11 veteran...."In 50 years time who's going to give a sh*t"...it kind of put it all in perspective....and all those years later I still remember those wise words.....now if I could only pound some of this simple wisdom in Crispin's head I'd be at peace with the world....lol...

Regards + HH

bill
That is a very good way to put it. I am believe it or not much better than I used to be. staying busy helps.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Diesel,

Regards + HH

bill

OPPORTUNITY

by: Edward Rowland Sill (1841-1887)
HIS I beheld, or dreamed it in a dream:-- There spread a cloud of dust along a plain;
And underneath the cloud, or in it, raged A furious battle, and men yelled, and swords Shocked upon swords and shields.
A prince's banner Wavered, then staggered backward, hemmed by foes.
A craven hung along the battle's edge, And thought, "Had I a sword of keener steel-- That blue blade that the king's son bears, -- but this Blunt thing--!"
he snapped and flung it from his hand, And lowering crept away and left the field.
Then came the king's son, wounded, sore bestead, And weaponless, and saw the broken sword, Hilt-buried in the dry and trodden sand, And ran and snatched it, and with battle shout Lifted afresh he hewed his enemy down, And saved a great cause that heroic day.

Crispin

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a very good way to put it. I am believe it or not much better than I used to be. staying busy helps.

Do not go quiet into that goodnight. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

dylan

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Preach on Sister! Are you Freudian based? I'm psychodynamic psychotherapist, with humanistic tendencies, and strong CBT influences.

Yes, Freudian based as well as all the rest!!!:):)

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My own zillion years in analysis saved me!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.jpg
    DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
good night all. Sleep is the only thing that will beat this HA.

Crisp

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barb,

You're a good person.....just don't over analyze things or it will drive you crazy...

Regards + HH

Bill

I don't cause that would be a defense to be stuck in my intellect, I am a very "feeling" person!..I will say that I look beyond the surface and I am very insightful! This serves me well!!:)
But thanks!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Barb,

Barbara Streisand - Wind beneath my wings.

I don't cause that would be a defense to be stuck in my intellect, I am a very "feeling" person!..I will say that I look beyond the surface and I am very insightful! This serves me well!!:)
But thanks!

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on squiggy,you don't know Bob Dylan?

Lol! No, I ment the picture of the door something or another which seems to be gone..I must be hallucinating, !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions