CRISPINS CRITTERS

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha like I always say I'm an amateur's amateur...... Besides they were drunk which means they miss your mistakes and you really blow their minds easily. Why do you think Penn and Teller and Criss Angel perform in Vegas? Hahaha just kidding they are the best. But I also like David Blaine's street magic up close and personal, that's where it's at. Can't take away from Criss Angel though he also does street magic, but he doesn't call it that. These guys are the best..... What was Criss' show? Oh yeah Mind Freak. People say how did you do that? I say " it was a mind freak" haha thanks buddy

A fine example of the benefit of keeping your wits about you.
I don't mind a drink ,but dang...being a designated driver and siting in a bar with a bunch of folks drinking can about be a mind freek!
At least you made something of it...:weee:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah!

Class today was about Meridians and Parallels, Degrees, minutes and seconds,
GPS, conversion of co-ordinates to Decimal Degrees and such.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_degrees

Certainly, some clues to the tube will be using co-ordinates.

conversion formula.png

Either DMS or DD. Maybe both.....

Might be some math involved, but,
What's a Treasure without some work involved to find it?

I'm all paid up on fees to Graduate and all that's left is the purchase of the Cap and Gown, possible Honors "Cords" or "Sash"
And to work my fool arse off to make sure that I pass this course and am eligible!

Long week ahead, Friends.

money mike.png
"One day at a time, Player. One day at a time!"

Best,

Scott

Headin' over to continue a narrative. See y'all there!

EDIT:

"I spent the next hour or so exploring the immediate area for Nature...."

Clue? You decide!

(Yes, additions to the tube were added today after class.)
What are they?

Find the tube and find out!

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Scotty!!!!! Yeah I know only your momma called you that, but some of us friends can too I hope.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I see many things that I've never seen before.
Yet, I always seem to find what I was looking for."

Merely lyrics thought of by a....
quinquagenarian?

Dang!
Just dropped a clue!

Anybody see where it went?Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Scotty!!!!! Yeah I know only your momma called you that, but some of us friends can too I hope.

My Mom decided my name at birth: Scott
My Pap decided my middle name: Douglas.

Both of my Grandmothers called me, "Scotty."
A Favorite Aunt called me, "Scotty."

And,

My Friends can ALWAYS call me, "Scotty!"

Best Wishes,

Scotty

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah RC well put. Years ago I could drink and puke I mean drink with the best of them. While stationed in Korea I thought if I stayed drunk half the time, and slept the other half, then I wasn't really there!!!! Haha everybody on my team kept a minimum of 10 IV bottles in our lockers...... And every Saturday and Sunday even the non-medics got IV currency for hangover helpers. The best cure for a hangover: 1000ml of IV and 100 % O2 haha ..... So I use to drink with the best of them. Then one day I realized alcohol was nothing more than liquid courage. People said and did things and blamed alcohol. I started noticing my dad in people.....and I hated him. I hated people that drank, they were fake to me. At this time I became sick too. I didn't know it yet, but I would find out my esophagus was eroding...... I had to change my diet, I completely stopped drinking and the drinkers called me a light weight because honestly, medically if I drank, I would throw it right back up . I have a large hiatal hernia I've had for years I'm waiting to have operated on, but my command the drinkers, thought I was unsociable......it cost me promotions. But I can live with myself!!!!!

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah RC well put. Years ago I could drink and puke I mean drink with the best of them. While stationed in Korea I thought if I stayed drunk half the time, and slept the other half, then I wasn't really there!!!! Haha everybody on my team kept a minimum of 10 IV bottles in our lockers...... And every Saturday and Sunday even the non-medics got IV currency for hangover helpers. The best cure for a hangover: 1000ml of IV and 100 % O2 haha ..... So I use to drink with the best of them. Then one day I realized alcohol was nothing more than liquid courage. People said and did things and blamed alcohol. I started noticing my dad in people.....and I hated him. I hated people that drank, they were fake to me. At this time I became sick too. I didn't know it yet, but I would find out my esophagus was eroding...... I had to change my diet, I completely stopped drinking and the drinkers called me a light weight because honestly, medically if I drank, I would throw it right back up . I have a large hiatal hernia I've had for years I'm waiting to have operated on, but my command the drinkers, thought I was unsociable......it cost me promotions. But I can live with myself!!!!!

2GF,

Military service is harder for some than others.

I will not go into details, but.

I was assigned to an NATO Nuclear Base with the Highest Security Clearance.
Our "enemy" during my "non-recognized" term of Service,
(And thousands of others....THE COLD WAR!)

Was European Extremest groups like "The Red Army Faction."
Yeah. One of few assignments that drew extra pay....

The rate of alcoholism was staggering!

And Drugs!

I watched fellow Vets PURPOSELY fail CDAC!
Just 'cause it was too much....

I cannot claim to be a "virgin," here....

Give an 18 year old a ration for 4 quarts of likker a month and see what happens....

Somehow, I was always one step ahead.....:dontknow:

Some, however, went down in flames.

The memories bring tears.

And I want to slow,

The Flow,

Of Tears.

My Best Day is Helping Someone who is having a Bad Day!

Hope All Have a Great Day!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
There you are 2 G.F..
Still able to function , and when you check it your liver overload light ain't on.
A friend of ours here who never slowed down drinking after many nonpositive results /consequences just had a stroke.
He is sitting up today ; but minus the use of one side.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you guess that I'm tunin' my box for an evening of new songs?

What are the major chords again?
And of course,
The Order in which they are played. 8-)

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And this positivity is why I love you guys so much!!!!! I think it's a " G " Scott I don't know, I made that up. Haha

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah!

The safe!

Last Friday, I pulled the dial and drilled where I thought I should.

I drilled and found my way to the wheels and now have numbers.

Now it gets complicated.....

safe wheels.jpg
(Helpful stock image of safe wheels. NOT my safe.)

Best,

Scott

For your enjoyment!

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Main Riff:
/ / / / / / / /
|---------------------|---------------------|
|---------------------|------------4--5-----|
|.-----------4--6-----|--2---------3--4-----|
|.-4---------4--6--6--|--2---------1--2--2--|
|--4---------2--4--6--|--0---------------2--|
|--2---------------4--|------------------0--|
F# B C# G# A D# E E

/ / / / / / / /
|---------------------|---------------------|
|---------------------|------------4--5-----|
|------------4--6-----|--2---------3--4----.|
|--4---------4--6--6--|--2---------1--2--2-.|
|--4---------2--4--6--|--0---------------2--|
|--2---------------4--|------------------0--|
F# B C# G# A D# E E

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you guess that I'm tunin' my box for an evening of new songs?

What are the major chords again?
And of course,
The Order in which they are played. 8-)

Best,

Scott

This post brought back a memory. I had these and a few other "scale" posters...on my wall as a younger dude. I think I still have them!
Full size posters. Condensed for Scott!. You might have to click the pic three time for enlargement. Somehow that sounds...suspect...

31337.jpg

Guitar2-750.jpg

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just ate some humble pie..........tried one of my new card tricks on one of the baggers at my favorite grocery store. She always likes to help me. Shes really nice to my grandson. I asked her for a pen to mark the card, she pulls out lipstick! haha. I pulled off the trick, she saw it !!!!!! Dang it, well you gotta fail to g She said she gave me an "A" for effort though because I'm funny and always trying Magic man.........maybe I should have stuck to drunk parents of baseball kids........naw that makes me want to practic eeven more and reaqlly blow her pants off with the next one. ok ok I mean show her a really great trick next time ........haha Even Criss Angel and David Blaine failed along the way.......but she was a good sport about it.............so we rehearse more and more now.........now we have a goal........2 card Monte YES.....ahahahahaha see we talk about our successes and our failures here with our friends.........

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some "ole timey" music here 'bouts...

Yeah.
I'm hip.

Got the Decca 78, Dig?

(Worth about? $$$)

1-IMG_0856.JPG

2-IMG_0857.JPG

fog6.jpg
"I ain't a-playin' here, son..."

But,
I say,
But,
I'm a feelin' it!"

How 'bout you?

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post brought back a memory. I had these and a few other "scale" posters...on my wall as a younger dude. I think I still have them!
Full size posters. Condensed for Scott!. You might have to click the pic three time for enlargement. Somehow that sounds...suspect...

View attachment 1279751

View attachment 1279752

And how is it that I tune my box?

BY MY EAR!

I've tuned Church Pianos this way!

Feel me?

Yeah, I've tried electronic tuners, but.....

tuning firk.jpg

Best,

Scott

Let's "Listen To The Band!"

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1279751

View attachment 1279752

And how is it that I tune?

BY MY EAR!

I've tuned Church Pianos this way!

Feel me?

Best,

Scott

And where my joy of life leads....
Destinations about DDS co-ordinates or such....Really?

Yeah, Really.

I give clues...

Where is Scott's Treasure?

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Here's a jazz type tune for you.... a bit of background for you Charlie Biddle came to Canada back in the late 1950's from Philly and married a local gal and had 5 children.

I had the good fortune to get to know him before he passed away....RIP Charlie you will be missed.

Before he passed away he was given the Order of Canada award for his contributions to jazz.

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No more clues !today....
Studies take precedence....Dig?

Scott

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread