What ever happened to Chain Gangs?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
In the 50's growing up in Jax. Fla. I saw chain gangs quite frequently,mostly cleaning road side ditches,and in Fla. there were a LOT of them. Has this become cruel and unusual punishment? GodBless Chris

I think it has... "google" Chain Gangs...
(Singing...) "Working on a Chain Gang, going down, down, down; OOPS!" There was another Chain Gang song by Blondie, I think... Wife use to sing it while working at McDonald's in Maryland... LOL!

Last edited:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the 50's growing up in Jax. Fla. I saw chain gangs quite frequently,mostly cleaning road side ditches,and in Fla. there were a LOT of them. Has this become cruel and unusual punishment? GodBless Chris

Come to Arizona Joe's the only one with Ba!!s to still do it.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the lefty lawyers said this was inhumane But the prisoners complained, let it alone it's a time to get out in the fresh hot air. Loved it when they said they have to T.V. rights he said o.k. and gave them the weather and the Disney channels. Now how can only one guy in the U.S pull this off? Maybe it's the clientele it's not so dark( at nite) down there.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Just saw cool hand Luke yet again - great movie!!!
Great movie, especially the car wash shots. Frank

shack 1939 Beauford, S.C._0069.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What usually happens? Liberals thought it was inhumane to treat murderers, rapists, and other hardened criminals so cruelly, now they have cable TV and gym equipment..

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like that Man,too bad more won't follow suit!

Really? He ignored child rape cases to pursue fraud cases. He consistently ignored cases where the benefit to the people was greater than the benefit to the state. As a rape crime carries a heavy sentence, and little in fines, is harder to investigate and prove. But a fraud case pays hefty fines, usually has a paper trail and plenty of evidence. His loyalty is clear. It is to the State, and not to the people. His bigotry far outweighs his sense of justice. I can understand the people's worries about security against a rising tide of illegals, but people have to be careful against the ones they choose to lead the charge. Case in point, Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party.
If more men in LE take after him, then civil war will follow soon after. And rightly so. His brand of justice is tyranny.

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
they still do here in Texas they have them cleaning trash on the side of the road and patching the roads.they don't wear chains but they have the orange and white striped jail clothing on.saw them working at the animal shelter to when i went to adopt my dog.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Really? He ignored child rape cases to pursue fraud cases. He consistently ignored cases where the benefit to the people was greater than the benefit to the state. As a rape crime carries a heavy sentence, and little in fines, is harder to investigate and prove. But a fraud case pays hefty fines, usually has a paper trail and plenty of evidence. His loyalty is clear. It is to the State, and not to the people. His bigotry far outweighs his sense of justice. I can understand the people's worries about security against a rising tide of illegals, but people have to be careful against the ones they choose to lead the charge. Case in point, Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party.
If more men in LE take after him, then civil war will follow soon after. And rightly so. His brand of justice is tyranny.

I was not aware of the aforementioned,I was referring to jail time should not be a pleasant experience,Easy Big Hoss.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was not aware of the aforementioned,I was referring to jail time should not be a pleasant experience,Easy Big Hoss.

I used to like the man. Thought the pink underwear and outdoor tents were great ideas. But there are a lot of corrupt DA's and Judges feeding the Private prison systems and businesses that cater to them down that way. And it seems he is a vital part of that infrastructure, and that is the ONLY reason they protect him. Sad what we are spiraling towards. We had a judge up my way doing the same thing with a Kids prison. They finally caught him in the act and gave him a few years for it. But not before it cost US the taxpayers a few million. And that is just what his deeds are doing down there. And Jail should be unpleasant. But for a rapist or murderer, it should not be unpleasant at all. It should look just like a bullet behind the ear. Guilty or innocent, when the appeals are up, end it. No sense keeping them around just so someone can profit off it.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea I heard that on CNN or was it MSNBC?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure_Hunter said:
What usually happens? Liberals thought it was inhumane to treat murderers, rapists, and other hardened criminals so cruelly, now they have cable TV and gym equipment..

Completely agree - it the old punishment vs rehabilitation argument. I think hard work can be both. In the end there is a lot more concern for criminal as opposed to victim.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to like the man. Thought the pink underwear and outdoor tents were great ideas. But there are a lot of corrupt DA's and Judges feeding the Private prison systems and businesses that cater to them down that way. And it seems he is a vital part of that infrastructure, and that is the ONLY reason they protect him. Sad what we are spiraling towards. We had a judge up my way doing the same thing with a Kids prison. They finally caught him in the act and gave him a few years for it. But not before it cost US the taxpayers a few million. And that is just what his deeds are doing down there. And Jail should be unpleasant. But for a rapist or murderer, it should not be unpleasant at all. It should look just like a bullet behind the ear. Guilty or innocent, when the appeals are up, end it. No sense keeping them around just so someone can profit off it.

Sadly the problem,to many Corrupt judges. I see this whole world spiraling to hell,hold on for the ride it's gonna get pretty bad.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Completely agree - it the old punishment vs rehabilitation argument. I think hard work can be both. In the end there is a lot more concern for criminal as opposed to victim.

You can't rehabilitate a rapist or a murderer. A bullet to the ear is all they should get. And they should get it as soon as their appeals are up. In my state they busted Dr. Earl Bradley for molesting and VIDEOING his crimes over at least a ten year period on children as young as a few months. VIDEO..he should never have went to trial. But yeah, some whiner would have complained he didn't get his Constitutional rights. And I'm ok with that. The person who complains in a situation like that should be forced to watch the tapes and then suffer the same punishment. Elimination is the only way to deal with the worst. You can't send a message, there is no point to prove. Just eliminate them each and everyone. There will always be monsters. Root them out, and end them every time they rear their head. Same as tyranny, no different.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread