Anyone read "Wheat Belly" or use the cookbook?

OP
OP
K

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was into WHOLE Wheat bread for EVERYTHING; then read about "Wheat Belly" & I DO have a belly... LOL! Switched to ALL-Grain... MUCH BETTER!

So you're not grain-free or even wheat-free? What happened when you switched?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
When I was in the Army, I took just about every course I could get into. I probably broke the record for longest list of MOS's. One of them was baking. Yep, 300 pounds at a shot. Tons of glutton. We used hard red winter wheat. That was the best tasting bread I have ever tasted. OH, by the way, that belly is from the fermented and distilled grain. lol ...Frank

05062v.jpg

OP
OP
K

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OH, by the way, that belly is from the fermented and distilled grain. lol ...Frank

You're a learner, too, I see. Heh, I'm fond of the fermented fruit and grain myself, but can't tolerate the alcohol. I'll make homemade kombucha, rye rejuvelac, and concord grape dessert wine, but I have to keep the alcohol content down. I'll also use wines as a base for health tonics, but I usually give those away or cook with them.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You're a learner, too, I see. Heh, I'm fond of the fermented fruit and grain myself, but can't tolerate the alcohol. I'll make homemade kombucha, rye rejuvelac, and concord grape dessert wine, but I have to keep the alcohol content down. I'll also use wines as a base for health tonics, but I usually give those away or cook with them.

Karen, that part of my post was in jest. I am kind of a dull person. I don't drink smoke or even dance. I guess I am just to busy doing the things I like. However, I use to like my grandfathers concord wind that he made, but that was many years ago. Frank

skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg

OP
OP
K

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lol. Sorry, Frank. I rarely catch dry humor, jesting, or sarcasm through written communication. It's one of my weaknesses.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you just trying to lose some weight Karen? How many Liters of water do you drink in a day?

OP
OP
K

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No, not just weight loss; back in March '12 I developed eczema for the first time in my life. The only thing that prevents it is a wheat-free diet. When it clears I can get away with a little, but only for a short period.
Weight-wise, all was dandy until I quit smoking six years ago & hit middle age. Still not bad, but I'm adding precisely five lbs per year. As long as I keep my bg under 100, I can lose weight, but that is sometimes too much of a challenge for me.
When it comes to water, I have a hard time. I'm trained in Traditional Chinese Herbalism and know that my lack of thirst comes from pathogenic dampness that all of the above engenders. I make myself drink....only water, coffee, green tea, gynostemma & bitter melon tea.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try to drink at least 5 liters of water a day. It will increase your metabolism and may help the eczema in regards to flushing your system quicker of any wheat products you may ingest.

OP
OP
K

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree that flushing is good ( adding vitamin c and magnesium is great). Where is the teaching of five liters?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
So you're not grain-free or even wheat-free? What happened when you switched?

ALL-Grain, not Grain-free. LOVE the taste of Wheat bread... BUT! All-Grain is NOT bad. Can get ALL-Grain with Italian herbs, etc.; can lose weight, etc. Switching from Wheat to ALL-Grain was tough at first, as I loved the taste of WHEAT Bread; ALL-Grain with Italian Herbs is WONDERFUL! Belly fat is going, going, soon to be GONE! LOL! I AM Wheat-free...

Last edited:

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree that flushing is good ( adding vitamin c and magnesium is great). Where is the teaching of five liters?

I'm not exactly sure where the original teaching came from. All that I do know is that it works and most people do not drink enough water on a daily basis.

OP
OP
K

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not exactly sure where the original teaching came from. All that I do know is that it works and most people do not drink enough water on a daily basis.

Very true. I have the best success carrying a water bottle with me wherever I go. I can usually manage three liters a day doing that.
I don't know how you think about it, but I don't count other fluids into my daily intake.

OP
OP
K

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ALL-Grain, not Grain-free. LOVE the taste of Wheat bread... BUT! All-Grain is NOT bad. Can get ALL-Grain with Italian herbs, etc.; can lose weight, etc. Switching from Wheat to ALL-Grain was tough at first, as I loved the taste of WHEAT Bread; ALL-Grain with Italian Herbs is WONDERFUL! Belly fat is going, going, soon to be GONE! LOL! I AM Wheat-free...

When you say "ALL-Grain" are you talking about a specific product?

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife picked up a magazine today on this diet. Apparently one can get a years subscription for a mag just on this particular subject.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: I'm not eve sure if you're talking about the right grain in this forum.

The only grain many here know is attached to help guide you :tongue3:

grain.jpg

OP
OP
K

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A few main reasons a person may not want to eat grain:

1) carbohydrates in grain raise blood glucose levels

2) grain consumption greatly contributes to weight gain; it is a tonifying food.

3) for people with celiac disease, gluten-bearing grains will eventually kill them

4) the human body does not need them.

5) Some grains are genetically modified and set up an unnatural bacterial environment in the digestive tract.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread