Colorado pot puffing bringing in big money for the state!

OP
OP
SpiritRelic

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Thanks for the cool vids rocky.The first one had some beautiful weeds in it! Heard Colorado was offering master gardening classes now to help out people that did not have a green thumb.Just heard one can have six plants in there home as long it was out of view. o_O

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Living next door to Colorado has always been interesting but a bit more now. The State is working out the possibility of being a national supplier. People traveling to the state to stock up. A guy was walking on the street holding up a sign offering pot for $220/oz. About i/2 the retail price in other States. Next door in New Mexico they are discussing if it's time to get on the band wagon and reap the tax income. The Gov is against it. NM is already a med pot state.
I guess I'm puzzled that after the 60's where smoking pot was so common with young people and some became politicians that the laws didn't change sooner.
So many lives spent in jail for such a trivial offense.
Regardless of what position someone takes, the states are needing the bucks and probably never considered pot before now. Seems I here a tad of jealousy from other states not getting the taxes. I personally don't agree with the Fed or States taxing (actually giving people the right) to get drunk/high/altered but that's just me. I don't think it should involve them at all. I was kind of surprised when my primary Doc said. " I have never met an angry pot head." Hidden message...He had met a lot of angry drunks.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan it's 12 plants "keep your door locked"
2 oz possession

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the youth has spoken

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the cool vids rocky.The first one had some beautiful weeds in it! Heard Colorado was offering master gardening classes now to help out people that did not have a green thumb.Just heard one can have six plants in there home as long it was out of view. o_O

Not sure. As the idea for the laws were about taxes it seems counter-productive to allow any growing at all. Most production today is hi bred with no seeds so any growing would need to be either with access to hi bred seeds or old time natural seeds. As with alcohol, most users would probably prefer to just buy as growing takes time, skills, and equipment. Most newbie farmers fail for lots of reasons.
I could even see law suits from people next door with kids. coming up ideas that somehow their kids aren't safe with a pot grower next door. Refer madness.
Anyway it goes, the Gennie is out of the bottle.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG! Don't you people know what this can lead to!

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Michigan it's 12 plants "keep your door locked"
2 oz possession

Ya, door locked and mouth shut. Seems a problem here is 12 plants yields a lot more than 2oz. Or was 2oz public possession and 12 plants at home?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Their doing the same bit here in Washington with the legalization and the
state wanting to sell it in retail stores for the profit.

Not gonna work, I'm afraid, as by the time the stuff hits the stores it will have
been taxed at 25% for each "step" in the supply chain. By the time they get
it on the shelves it will be double what the growers say are "street prices", and
they aren't about to let the state undercut them.

The state is already saving $$ by not having to arrest and prosecute (jail)
people, and hopefully they'll figure out how to deal with the rest of the issues.
Doesn't change a thing in my world..lol

Dizz

OP
OP
SpiritRelic

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
I head if they lost the pot economy now in California,they would collapse.Then Arnold would be out huntin for a new movie job.I heard in certain areas that's the only source of income. :-$

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People traveling to the state to stock up. A guy was walking on the street holding up a sign offering pot for $220/oz. About i/2 the retail price in other States.

This thread almost belongs in the old "I Remember When", thread.

I remember when pot was $25.00 an ounce :tongue3:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is great. Pot is so much less harmful than alcohol. It reminds me of the 55 mph speed limit, no one obeyed it , so the put it back up. Millions of good, decent hard working, tax paying citizens are smoking it, so why support the drug cartels, and make criminals out of a large part of society. Plus the costs of arrest, prosecution, incarceration, etc...

What I wonder is the work place drug testing, are trace amounts of pot ok now?

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Willie Nelson said he remembers when a dime bag cost a dime.

"do you know how much rubbers cost back then?"...." I don't either...WE NEVER USED THEM!" :laughing7:

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LOL...its still that price here...but I wouldn't advise smoking it...it would be better for the birds with all the seeds and spray on it...LOL You deferentially get what you pay for with that stuff...Iv seen some crazy looking stuff before though..it was all white, looked coated with sugar, not much activity at that party that night..:laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread