Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Legally bought and owned guns can quickly become illegal guns with a quick theft. And the NRA fights any attempt to make sure guns are safety secured and locked up when not in use.

That is a true statement. However, I present for your approval a novel approach to the problem:

First off: Any crime committed where a firearm is used should carry a mandatory death sentence - including, but not limited to, armed robbery etc. Murderers should be executed immediately and publicly. They can only die once, but they can kill many more people if they get out of prison, as often they do.

Second: When someone is caught committing a violent crime, they should be given the maximum sentence allowed by law if it is not their first offense. Should the courts practice that rather than plea bargaining on every case, it would reduce the recidivism rate drastically. Only so many times you can serve 20 years for breaking and entering or rape before you're too old to commit the crime. Rape and child abuse should result in the cutting off of the offending parts. If potential criminals knew they were actually going to have to serve those harsh sentences, there might be fewer who became actual criminals. Fewer people would be killed with illegally obtained guns because fewer criminals would be stealing guns as there would be fewer criminals.

And if that gun was improperly stored like that and used in a crime does the owner bear any responsibility.

and if if was a skiff, we could all get in the boat and go for a ride.

If the gun was stolen, the owner didn't GIVE it to the criminal. The reason they have the gun is because they are a criminal. We are too damned lenient on criminals, and that is why there are so many.

Back in the 20's and 30's my grandfather brought many murderers and other criminals to justice in East Texas and Oklahoma. When the trial was over, if they were sentenced to death, he would sometimes do the hanging for the court. Need to go back to that time. Fewer murders when folks knew that they would lose their life if they took someone else's . . . instead of rotting in a jail cell for 60 years. If you're still breathing years after killing someone without just cause, justice hasn't been served.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This individual that stole these guns is one stupid nut. #1. You don't steal. #2. You don't drive with a loaded gun, with ammo in the chamber. #3. And most importantly, you always point the barrel down or away from possible injury.

This thief deserves what he got. What nonsense is there in accusing the rightful owner of the guns. The ''gun'' retaliated in self defense and shot the sucker (thief).

Why is it that the blame is always the gun owner? Plain and simple, the thief made the wrong choice.

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Show everyone where I said anything about Mexico or Mexican being a race please? Thanks for spouting off AGAIN about the country I choose to live in. How the heck does Canada even relate to this subject. "If I'd said he was from north of the border would I be racial profiling French people" laughable to say the least. LMFAO The country is called "Canada" not "France". Your probably on the mark with the thief loading the firearms himself in order to cover his bum. LOL Everyone knows that thieves carry every type of bullet and shell with them for just such circumstances. Please stop verbally attacking my Country when you become frustrated with the relevance of my posts. Have a good day EH?

Well, you said "racial profiling" with a question mark, and then you went on to say two wrongs don't make a right. That's nothing but a thinly veiled dig to keep you off the mod's radar. You're the one that brought up race. I couldn't figure in what context you meant, so tried to use the question about the northern border to understand what you were saying. You questioned me about racial profiling, and there are a lot of French speaking people living North of the border, so I was simply wondering if you would consider me to be profiling French speaking people if a perp came from north of the border, just like you wondered about me racial profiling. Just pointing out your absurdity, that's all. As far as getting the ammunition for the gun. Most gun owners have guns so they can shoot them, and the process of shooting requires ammunition, therefore gun owners usually have at least a couple of boxes of ammo. The man was stealing from them, you don't think he had sense enough to also steal ammunition. Perhaps up north they wouldn't have any ammunition, but I assure you in America they do. I know crooks are dumb, and this one has proved he was especially dumb, but the ammo was probably there and he snagged it. Am I wrong? And finally, I went through this entire post without mentioning Canada one time, are you happy. XXXOOO LMAO

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a firm believer in properly securing your guns for 2 main reasons. First and foremost is to secure the weapon from access by children. Can't think of anything that could be more devastating than a child killing themselves or someone else with a gun that I hadn't locked in a safe. Secondly, guns have a high dollar value and they are getting more valuable by the day lately. They are a prime target of home invaders and burglars. I am NOT concerned about someone stealing one of my guns and committing a crime with it. That is NOT my fault, it's the bad guy's fault, or his parent's or the parole board's, or society's but, it's NOT mine. That would be like being blamed if he had stolen my car and killed someone with it, it is NOT my fault! This thieving, scum-of-the-earth moron killed himself!!

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Legally bought and owned guns can quickly become illegal guns with a quick theft. And the NRA fights any attempt to make sure guns are safety secured and locked up when not in use.

yep, that's true, and I'm an NRA and approve of what they do, and by the way, put my money where my mouth is.

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And if that gun was improperly stored like that and used in a crime does the owner bear any responsibility.

Only if a slick, slimy lawyer gets involved. Why do you think the gun was improperly stored? Nowhere in the story does it say it was improperly stored. It does hint that it was improperly used by a criminal.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, you said "racial profiling" with a question mark, and then you went on to say two wrongs don't make a right. That's nothing but a thinly veiled dig to keep you off the mod's radar. You're the one that brought up race. I couldn't figure in what context you meant, so tried to use the question about the northern border to understand what you were saying. You questioned me about racial profiling, and there are a lot of French speaking people living North of the border, so I was simply wondering if you would consider me to be profiling French speaking people if a perp came from north of the border, just like you wondered about me racial profiling. Just pointing out your absurdity, that's all. As far as getting the ammunition for the gun. Most gun owners have guns so they can shoot them, and the process of shooting requires ammunition, therefore gun owners usually have at least a couple of boxes of ammo. The man was stealing from them, you don't think he had sense enough to also steal ammunition. Perhaps up north they wouldn't have any ammunition, but I assure you in America they do. I know crooks are dumb, and this one has proved he was especially dumb, but the ammo was probably there and he snagged it. Am I wrong? And finally, I went through this entire post without mentioning Canada one time, are you happy. XXXOOO LMAO

...........................................................................................................................................WHAT'S THIS THEN? ^^^ LMFAO

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a firm believer in properly securing your guns for 2 main reasons. First and foremost is to secure the weapon from access by children. Can't think of anything that could be more devastating than a child killing themselves or someone else with a gun that I hadn't locked in a safe. Secondly, guns have a high dollar value and they are getting more valuable by the day lately. They are a prime target of home invaders and burglars. I am NOT concerned about someone stealing one of my guns and committing a crime with it. That is NOT my fault, it's the bad guy's fault, or his parent's or the parole board's, or society's but, it's NOT mine. That would be like being blamed if he had stolen my car and killed someone with it, it is NOT my fault! This thieving, scum-of-the-earth moron killed himself!!

Guns can be put away safely without a gun safe. I raised children and grandchildren without a safe, and they are all alive and well. You're right, it would be devastation to have a child killed, or anyone else as far as that goes, with a gun stolen from me, or one of the kids accidentally kill someone by finding ammunition and playing with the gun. Any responsible gun owner will put his guns away safely. But that doesn't mean there hasn't always been a loaded gun close by, not all of my firearms, but at least one has been loaded and close by. There are several of my guns that are safe from any child or honest person, but if a criminal manages to break in, he will be well armed with plenty of bullets, and that would be possible even if they were in a safe. The high dollar value of the guns is one thing that worries me the most because there is no way to store anything of high value that some crook can't get to if they put their mind to it.

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
...........................................................................................................................................WHAT'S THIS THEN? ^^^ LMFAO

Ahhh, my feelings are really hurt, you don't like me, and I didn't even say Canada. That's a real bummer. And I was just trying to be friendly. Oh well, say-la-veeee.

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow................ it was the guns fault!!!!!!!!!!! shot him out of loyalty to its former owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_thumright:

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a gun without bullets is almost useless! cant throw em very straight, myself!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread