Heard on the Radio Today

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
On the radio news today there was a fellow with a name sounding like he was from south of the border, of course they didn't report if he was here illegally or not, and I don't remember his name. What ever, he broke into a ranch house and stole a bunch of stuff, among them a shot gun and a rifle. Then he stole the peoples pickup truck. The guns were propped up on the passenger side of the seat, and while he was speeding down the bumpy, winding country road, the guns tipped over, the muzzles pointing at the thief. Some how a part of the shotgun got inside the rifle trigger guard, firing the rifle. The shot killed the thief, the truck ran off the road, and it was reported that truck motor ran for hours before the vehicle was discovered. Anybody here think he didn't get what he deserved. After all, there is no death penalty for stealing.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Racial profiling? I know you're being vague in the recollection of the race of the perpetrator as to remain ambiguous in regards to your thread subject matter. Two wrongs do not make a right. Three wrongs don't either. Good thing the gun owners were irresponsible enough to leave their firearms loaded and unregulated properly in order for someone else to die during another accidental discharge of a non properly stored firearm. Be proud everyone.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His family will probably sue the homeowners for negligence, or for them not securing their firearms, so that when he stole guns, he was killed by them, or something along those lines. :icon_scratch:

Actually, being that he was killed in the commision of a crime, the firearm owner could possibly be charged and sued for murder, in that, it was HIS firearm that committed the murder. :dontknow:
Where's our forum attorney, when we need him! :laughing7:

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Color/nationality/religion is totally irrelevant - if this story is true, he got exactly what he deserved.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Color/nationality/religion is totally irrelevant - if this story is true, he got exactly what he deserved.

Really?.....I thought the "death for stealing" mentality went out of fashion when we Brit's found it better to exile them to the "new world" instead? Apparently not.

BrisJoe

Dec 30, 2012
Brisbane
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, Whites Goldmaster, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a problem here in Aust where the criminal gangs/outlaw motorcycle "clubs" we somehow getting the names and addresses of registered weapon owners (probally from the gun clubs, as here is Aust to own a rifle/pistol you must be a member of a registered gun club) and going to those houses and breaking into the gun safes and stealing the weapons. I guess this is 1 way to show that the Customs service is getting tough on checking everything and cleaning out the corrupt officers.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do they know the truck ran for hours? And how do they know he didn't load the gun himself?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Biden said, "Get a shotgun........get a shotgun". Now I see why, a shotgun can protect your stuff whether you are there or not. :) Maybe Biden isn't just the court jester after all.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
See?...GUNS KILL PEOPLE! Evil things! :)

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Racial profiling? I know you're being vague in the recollection of the race of the perpetrator as to remain ambiguous in regards to your thread subject matter. Two wrongs do not make a right. Three wrongs don't either. Good thing the gun owners were irresponsible enough to leave their firearms loaded and unregulated properly in order for someone else to die during another accidental discharge of a non properly stored firearm. Be proud everyone.[/QUOT

Racial profiling? I don't think so. If I'd said he was from north of the border would I be racial profiling French people. His name was something like Jose Carlos Mendoza, so it sounded to me like he was from south of the border. But he might not be Mexican, all sorts of people illegally cross our southern borders, not just Mexicans, they come from all over South America and have Spanish sounding names. For your information, Mexican isn't a race, it's a nationality, just like you are Canadian and I'm American. So if I'm guilty of anything, it's nationality profiling. I didn't call him Mexican because he could be from anywhere, including Canada, but there are so many illegal aliens from south of the border in Oregon, many of them criminals, and our liberal government will no longer report if a person is here illegally. So I can only guess, but the odds are in my favor. If that's profiling, then la-te-da, I'm a bad guy. There is one radio program here in Oregon that periodically gives a jail report, and more than half the people in the jails for rape, murder, and drug dealing are Mexican Nationals here illegally. So it isn't much of a stretch to figure he was another southern immigrant giving the illegal aliens a bad name, you know, the ones that are honest, except they lie to get SS numbers, and are on food stamps and free medical care, he's giving them a bad name. So you think it's wrong to guess the nationality of a criminal? I guess in your liberal mind it is. Also, what makes you think the guns were "unregulated properly." This is America, and for the most part, up until now at least, most all guns are unregulated, as far as I know, only full auto and crew served weapons like artillery are regulated. Who are you to say the owners were irresponsible and left the guns loaded. How do you know, perhaps the thief loaded them to cover the chance that if the home owner showed up and the crook needed to defend himself along with his ill gotten gains by killing the person he was stealing from. You don't know, but in typical liberal fashion you jump to conclusions, accuse me of racial profiling and the home owner of being irresponsible. Starting with a single shot .22 long rifle, I've owned guns since I was 7 years old, and so has my son and grandson. There have been loaded guns in my house as far back as I can remember, and nobody has ever been hurt. But I guess in your mind I"m irresponsible because I don't store them like the Canadian government would have me do it. You probably won't understand this, but a gun is actually useless if it isn't loaded. Every house that has a concealed carry living in it has loaded guns in the house, and a heck of a lot of houses that don't have concealed carry also have loaded guns, and all the ranchers I know and have known have loaded guns in the house and in their truck. I have at least one loaded gun in my house, but I treat all guns as if they were loaded at all times. I learned at an early age to always treat every gun as if it was loaded, even if it's cleared it's treated as if it's loaded, and to never ever point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot. That's the rules of the game you probably don't understand, so you being a liberal you are no doubt better off in Canada with regulated guns and responsible storage. You seem to think that because a thief breaks into a house, and steals a gun that kills him, the home owner is some how responsible for his death, when the fact is he was in the persons house taking stuff that the home owner worked long hours to acquire. My thought is, if during the robbery he killed himself it's his own damn fault. Did the thought ever cross your mind that if he wasn't a thief he would still be alive, and all he'd have to do is lie and he'd be getting all sorts of free stuff.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally i think thats just funny,would have been better had the shotgun tipped over and shot him in the crotch,Either way he got what he deserved as far as im concerned,Ppl work hard for what possessions they have,This is one theft that ended properly in my personal opinion.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Really?.....I thought the "death for stealing" mentality went out of fashion when we Brit's found it better to exile them to the "new world" instead? Apparently not.

He is now a candidate for a Darwin Award. You would figure if he was going to steal a gun, he might need to know how to operate one properly. First rule in a vehicle, securely stow your weapon. He broke the rule, and fate punished him.

Personally, I think the end was fitting. He broke the law, made a stupid decision, and killed himself in the process. Now he can't reproduce, thus helping clean up the gene pool.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how long the cops will keep the truck and the guns in evidence? I'm sure some country singer will make good on this one.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Racial profiling? I know you're being vague in the recollection of the race of the perpetrator as to remain ambiguous in regards to your thread subject matter. Two wrongs do not make a right. Three wrongs don't either. Good thing the gun owners were irresponsible enough to leave their firearms loaded and unregulated properly in order for someone else to die during another accidental discharge of a non properly stored firearm. Be proud everyone.[/QUOT

Racial profiling? I don't think so. If I'd said he was from north of the border would I be racial profiling French people. His name was something like Jose Carlos Mendoza, so it sounded to me like he was from south of the border. But he might not be Mexican, all sorts of people illegally cross our southern borders, not just Mexicans, they come from all over South America and have Spanish sounding names. For your information, Mexican isn't a race, it's a nationality, just like you are Canadian and I'm American. So if I'm guilty of anything, it's nationality profiling. I didn't call him Mexican because he could be from anywhere, including Canada, but there are so many illegal aliens from south of the border in Oregon, many of them criminals, and our liberal government will no longer report if a person is here illegally. So I can only guess, but the odds are in my favor. If that's profiling, then la-te-da, I'm a bad guy. There is one radio program here in Oregon that periodically gives a jail report, and more than half the people in the jails for rape, murder, and drug dealing are Mexican Nationals here illegally. So it isn't much of a stretch to figure he was another southern immigrant giving the illegal aliens a bad name, you know, the ones that are honest, except they lie to get SS numbers, and are on food stamps and free medical care, he's giving them a bad name. So you think it's wrong to guess the nationality of a criminal? I guess in your liberal mind it is. Also, what makes you think the guns were "unregulated properly." This is America, and for the most part, up until now at least, most all guns are unregulated, as far as I know, only full auto and crew served weapons like artillery are regulated. Who are you to say the owners were irresponsible and left the guns loaded. How do you know, perhaps the thief loaded them to cover the chance that if the home owner showed up and the crook needed to defend himself along with his ill gotten gains by killing the person he was stealing from. You don't know, but in typical liberal fashion you jump to conclusions, accuse me of racial profiling and the home owner of being irresponsible. Starting with a single shot .22 long rifle, I've owned guns since I was 7 years old, and so has my son and grandson. There have been loaded guns in my house as far back as I can remember, and nobody has ever been hurt. But I guess in your mind I"m irresponsible because I don't store them like the Canadian government would have me do it. You probably won't understand this, but a gun is actually useless if it isn't loaded. Every house that has a concealed carry living in it has loaded guns in the house, and a heck of a lot of houses that don't have concealed carry also have loaded guns, and all the ranchers I know and have known have loaded guns in the house and in their truck. I have at least one loaded gun in my house, but I treat all guns as if they were loaded at all times. I learned at an early age to always treat every gun as if it was loaded, even if it's cleared it's treated as if it's loaded, and to never ever point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot. That's the rules of the game you probably don't understand, so you being a liberal you are no doubt better off in Canada with regulated guns and responsible storage. You seem to think that because a thief breaks into a house, and steals a gun that kills him, the home owner is some how responsible for his death, when the fact is he was in the persons house taking stuff that the home owner worked long hours to acquire. My thought is, if during the robbery he killed himself it's his own damn fault. Did the thought ever cross your mind that if he wasn't a thief he would still be alive, and all he'd have to do is lie and he'd be getting all sorts of free stuff.

Show everyone where I said anything about Mexico or Mexican being a race please? Thanks for spouting off AGAIN about the country I choose to live in. How the heck does Canada even relate to this subject. "If I'd said he was from north of the border would I be racial profiling French people" laughable to say the least. LMFAO The country is called "Canada" not "France". Your probably on the mark with the thief loading the firearms himself in order to cover his bum. LOL Everyone knows that thieves carry every type of bullet and shell with them for just such circumstances. Please stop verbally attacking my Country when you become frustrated with the relevance of my posts. Have a good day EH?

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1000 ways to die wants to by the rite
from the desist fathers family
not

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is the actual radio report. I heard it on my truck radio yesterday and didn't even know for sure it it took place in Oregon. Anyhow, now I don't have to guess at the perp's name. The fact he lives in West Salem doesn't automatically make him a citizen, right now unless it is discovered otherwise, he is a resident of Oregon. Citizen or not, he shouldn't have stolen the gun, or anything else. On the radio I heard the truck's motor had been running for hours, but this story doesn't say that.

INDEPENDENCE, Ore. -- A man was killed when an AR-15 rifle he had just stolen from a Polk County farm discharged Sunday morning, police said.
Deputies responding to the report of a gunshot victim in the 5600 block of Halls Ferry Road found the suspect, 19-year-old Genaro Hernandez Mendoza of West Salem, dead inside a farm truck, said Polk County Sheriff's Office Detective John Williams.
Investigators learned that the truck had been stolen from a home on Independence Highway earlier that morning, along with a rifle, a shotgun and several other items.
"The evidence showed that while Hernandez Mendoza was driving away from the scene he was the victim of an accidental, self-inflicted gun shot wound from the rifle he had just taken," Williams said.
Williams added that the AR-15 rifle and the shotgun were both angled with their butts on the floorboard and their barrels pointed upward, toward the driver's seat. On the bumpy farm road, the bolt head of the shotgun apparently bumped against the rifle's trigger, firing one shot that hit the suspect and exited through the roof.
The suspect seemed to have acted alone in the burglary, Sheriff Bob Wolfe said.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show everyone where I said anything about Mexico or Mexican being a race please? Thanks for spouting off AGAIN about the country I choose to live in. How the heck does Canada even relate to this subject. "If I'd said he was from north of the border would I be racial profiling French people" laughable to say the least. LMFAO The country is called "Canada" not "France". Your probably on the mark with the thief loading the firearms himself in order to cover his bum. LOL Everyone knows that thieves carry every type of bullet and shell with them for just such circumstances. Please stop verbally attacking my Country when you become frustrated with the relevance of my posts. Have a good day EH?

Most people who own guns in the U.S. have bullets that fit them. usually within reach of said weapons. If your going to steal why not not them Who's needs to attack you with statements like you made?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Legally bought and owned guns can quickly become illegal guns with a quick theft. And the NRA fights any attempt to make sure guns are safety secured and locked up when not in use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread